Phone Lag Question

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is more of a general question and not really specific to a certain rom at all...how come it seems like every time I flash a new rom, my phone runs like butter for 2 or 3 days. Real snappy, real quick, real smooth...then all of a sudden, it starts lagging again without fail. No new apps installed, no changes made, just starts lagging.

This has to be user error on my part since this happens to me no matter what rom I run. What, if anything, can I do to prevent this, or alleviate the problem?

Thank you so much guys!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This is more of a general question and not really specific to this rom at all...how come it seems like every time I flash a new rom, my phone runs like butter for 2 or 3 days. Real snappy, real quick, real smooth...then all of a sudden, it starts lagging again without fail. No new apps installed, no changes made, just starts lagging.

This has to be user error on my part since this happens to me no matter what rom I run. What, if anything, can I do to prevent this, or alleviate the problem?

Thank you so much guys!

Immediately after a clean install, there's going to be less temporary/cached data around, and potentially fewer background processes running. Some apps may not start background processes until they have been opened for the first time after a full wipe and ROM flash. Think about a traditional Windows desktop -- if you perform a clean install of Windows and add all of your applications, it will be very responsive, but as soon as you move all of your files back over and start using your applications, it will begin to slow down again.

What type of 'lagging' are you experiencing? In what parts of the phone? Also, details such as the launcher you're using may be relevant.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Lot's of unknown variables here. Def solid points Lumenii. OP you may want to look into an app such as SD Maid (pro) to clean up some off the garbage left around by the process Lumenii described. I guess we could chaulk this up as a benefit of crackflashing:D On the other hand, I've read that a rom/kernel combo needs time to settle to reach their maximum performance.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies. I will give SD Maid a try.

I have noticed lag in opening and closing apps. Simply going back to my home screen is sometimes a chore. I do notice navigating in the browser (between tabs or bookmarks or closing out the browser) lags a lot as well. I've tried Chrome, Dolphin and stock browser. They all slow down tremendously after just a few days. I even noticed a ton of lag in the camera app the other day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084