flashed kernel now won't boot past google

Randall Dalley

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
ok i am a serious newbie. i flashed the PA3.1 ROM a couple days ago and read that the popcorn kernel worked great with it and could be OC to 1.4 reliably with this kernel. i flashed the kernel and after i rebooted the phone it won't boot past the google. i removed the battery and tried to go into the boot loader but it says "downloading" and won't let me select recovery mode. what do i need to do to get it back up and running?

Randall Dalley

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
i had done that the first time but it wasn't working. i managed to find a cable and just used the toolkit on my computer to get it back into recovery mode. got it taken care of and used Tiny's KERNEL instead of popcorn. read good things about it on here. we're all good now.

thanks for the reply

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
i had done that the first time but it wasn't working. i managed to find a cable and just used the toolkit on my computer to get it back into recovery mode. got it taken care of and used Tiny's KERNEL instead of popcorn. read good things about it on here. we're all good now.

thanks for the reply

Was the failed kernel compatible with your device? If you're on Verizon, make sure everything and anything you get says "toro."

mxer0022

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I think the first one I loaded just said kernel_popcorn.zip and being the rookie I am thought that was the one!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums