Review of LiquidSmooth v2.7 toro Rom and Kernel 3.0.71-tuna

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
About 3 weeks ago my son installed in my Nexus the above mentioned Rom and Kernel, he is forever changing phones, roms and kernels, so I decided it was best someone that knew what he was doing did it instead of me screwing it up. Anyway I've had rooted phones before but this is my first rom and kernel change. I read in the forums that every rom has some sort of draw back or problem so I was concerned that a new rom would screw up something that was working fine.

If LiquidSmooth v2.7 has a problem I have yet to discover what it may be, what it did for me is turn my phone into a new faster, smoother, more convenient and personalized experience. It came so loaded with features that it allowed me to eliminate several apps and widgets that were already included in the rom, therefore freeing memory and actually improving battery life. I no longer dim the display to 50% like before, I keep it at 100% all the time now. I can count on 1 hour of display at full brightness with 12 hours of use before battery alert LED turns red at 15%. This is an average, there are days not as good and days far better it mostly depends on the quality of the reception, the better the signal area the longer the battery lasts.

Anyway I would recommend this rom for our phones. My quadrant score before was about 2100 now about 3200. I know these numbers don't mean much but they serve as a point of reference and the phone is much faster than before to the eye.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
v2.8 was released 7-1! I think I may give this a go. I haven't used a liquid ROM in a long time...prolly the OG Droid days lol

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the post. Based on your recommendation, I flashed this rom, and it is the best I have used yet!
Boot time is much faster than my previous roms, battery life is vastly improved, and it is far less laggy than other roms I have tried!

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post. Based on your recommendation, I flashed this rom, and it is the best I have used yet!
Boot time is much faster than my previous roms, battery life is vastly improved, and it is far less laggy than other roms I have tried!

Glad the info was helpful, I remained very pleased with LiquidSmooth, close to a month since install no problems, I really like the ability to change the performance settings so that if I need max performance or max battery life I can change in a couple of seconds.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I was just about to create a thread asking members which ROM is fastest right now because I am on AOKP and my phone gets atrociously slow. I need to milk this phone at least until the next Nexus device is announced so I can decide if I want it or not.

I am going to install this ROM and hopefully it's more responsive than AOKP.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to create a thread asking members which ROM is fastest right now because I am on AOKP and my phone gets atrociously slow. I need to milk this phone at least until the next Nexus device is announced so I can decide if I want it or not.

I am going to install this ROM and hopefully it's more responsive than AOKP.

You can also try Slim.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I installed LiquidRom 2.8 after reading this thread and I must say that I love it after a week of use. I haven't noticed any slowdown yet. This ROM seems run a lot more efficiently than all the AOKP builds I have installed over the past year. I have also noticed that my available RAM tends to always be over 100MB, whereas with AOKP my available RAM was frequently 20-40MB, which I think attributed to all of the lag.

I am missing two features from AOKP though.:
  1. I used to always use FastCharge but it appears that it's not built into the kernal that LiquidSmooth uses. I am considering switching kernals (i.e. LeanKernel or FrancoKernal) but my concern is that it will slow the device down again.
  2. Torch (flashlight) accessible from the power menu

Has anyone switched kernals or gotten FastCharge to work without problems? It's a big deal to me because I have the Mobi dock for the Galaxy Nexus and it stupidley only charges the phone with a trickle USB charge despite being plugged into a standard 120v electrical outlet. So if I run the DayDreams clock overnight, my phone will barely charge.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Like most of you AOKP had become frustrating so I started looking for alternatives, especially once 4.3 dropped. I jumped on the first ROM, the "shiny" rom. It was ok, but dropped to 3G and wouldn't go back up to 4G without switching mobile network manually. The boot would also hang occasionally and I would have to wipe cache.

So I switched to Jellybro a CM10.2 kang by Euroskank which is 4.3. I read the reviews and they seemed solid. Found it on GooManager and flashed away. Its been perfect. I did need to get a new gapps as the 4.2.2 ones cause the Keyboard to FC. Just google "android 4.3 gapps" its the top link from XDA. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=lEj2zNoZK9u-7d-p9V6zyw&bvm=bv.50310824,d.aWc

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you go to Settings, Performance, Advance there is a Fast Charge setting.
In Quick Settings you can add Torch and access with a pull down swipe.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
If you go to Settings, Performance, Advance there is a Fast Charge setting.
In Quick Settings you can add Torch and access with a pull down swipe.

Must be in the 2.9 build. I am still on 2.8 and it isn't there. That's where I looked from the beginning because that is where AOKP had it. I plan on updating once it hits 3.0.

s2s2s97

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I just installed liquid smooth and every thing is awesome except when I am updating apps on Google play it says it will take like 72 hours.... Is there something I van do to fix it???

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just installed liquid smooth and every thing is awesome except when I am updating apps on Google play it says it will take like 72 hours.... Is there something I van do to fix it???
I have that problem too when it wants to update a couple at once and I just stop the download and reboot. Then I do one at a time.