I've been using "Shiny" OTA-Like JWR66V Android 4.3 for VZW Galaxy Nexus (Toro) ROM for the past week now. So far it has made my GN a much better phone. It's faster all around. Especially the animation and the rotation. I'd recommend everyone give it a shot. Besides who knows when Verizon will allow Google to release an official 4.3 for our GNs.

Link -

[ROM][AOSP][4.3](7/25/13) "Shiny", OTA-Like, Stock Android 4.3 JWR66V - No bugs! - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

-cm-
    08-01-2013 11:40 PM
    I'm on the same ROM. I got it the first night and there were some issues, but the one I got the next day is pretty solid. No complaints here at all, I really like this update.
    08-01-2013 11:50 PM
    I've been on the same ROM past few days. Speed has been great but my data has been dropping to 3g and not going back to 4g until I switch to CDMA and back to LTE in mobile network settings. Happens a couple times a day. I flashed new bootloader but didn't flash radios.

And boots take forever or I have to wipe cache and dalvik to get it to boot.
    08-02-2013 12:35 PM
    Ive been running 4.3 for the past few days using JDX's AOSP+ ROM. Runs perfect. Super fast and smooth. Has given new life to our aging GN. Partly the best part is TRIM, preventing any of the Terrible slowing down our phones constantly experienced after awhile.

Posted via Android Central App
    ccm435 likes this.
    08-02-2013 09:13 PM
    Ive been running 4.3 for the past few days using JDX's AOSP+ ROM. Runs perfect. Super fast and smooth. Has given new life to our aging GN. Partly the best part is TRIM, preventing any of the Terrible slowing down our phones constantly experienced after awhile.

I agree with the TRIM support. This will be huge for our internal storage data. I have the 32GB model, and can tell you speed has already been improved. I used to get massive slow downs using an app called Xiia Live (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidLivePlayer) to stream the Shoutcast radio stream I've been running for about 10+ years now (Home - AvRack Radio). After running that app post 4.3 it hasn't shown one sign of slow down. It'll run that app all day long and not get hot, or require a reboot like it would many times running that APP 4.22 and before.

I am running the latest version of Shiny OTA (rooted) and am loving it. What would you say the difference is in the ROM you're running and Shinny if any? Also would you mind posting a link to the one you used for that ROM.

Thanks

-cm-
    08-04-2013 01:11 AM
    I'm on 4.3 using PA 3.96 and the latest Golden Kernel. So much better than 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-13-2013 08:53 AM
    How do you flash that ROM? I'm sorry, I'm new to all this and I just Rooted yesterday.

08-13-2013 11:16 AM
    CM 10.2- Love it.
    08-14-2013 03:50 PM
    After waiting patiently for 4.1 and 4.2 I did not want to go through the hassle of watching all the other nexus devices getting the update, so I finally flashed my first custom rom. It's been awesome, and combined with root (why not?) and Google wallet I can't believe that I spent 18 months unrooted and waiting for Verizon to come through :-)

08-19-2013 03:22 PM
    Been running PA3.99 for a couple days now and am happy with the little extras like halo, pie controls, and hybrid properties. Unfortunately there has been a huge disadvantage for me using data. watched my battery drain 15% in about 3 minutes using either chrome browser or standard. tried tweaking things around with voltage control til FC or reboot became the issue. not sure if the radios are a problem (FK01 / FK02) and need to be updated or if it's just me and this specific install. Really liked what PAC-man ROM is doing for others, but that one was completely unstable on my device and i don't think there is a whole lot of attention being paid to toro builds these days.

Hope to find more threads like this one to avoid additional wasted time. sifting through the pages can be tiresome. That being said, if anyone else wants to give those a try:
    PAC-man: PAC-man Rom
    ParanoidAndroid (PA): [4.3/JSS15J+JWR66Y] AOSPA PARANOIDANDROID 3.99 (23.Aug) | HALO 2.0 (Video inside), Freeze-free 4.3 - xda-developers
    08-27-2013 07:45 AM
    Been running PA3.99 for a couple days now and am happy with the little extras like halo, pie controls, and hybrid properties. Unfortunately there has been a huge disadvantage for me using data. watched my battery drain 15% in about 3 minutes using either chrome browser or standard. tried tweaking things around with voltage control til FC or reboot became the issue. not sure if the radios are a problem (FK01 / FK02) and need to be updated or if it's just me and this specific install. Really liked what PAC-man ROM is doing for others, but that one was completely unstable on my device and i don't think there is a whole lot of attention being paid to toro builds these days.

Hope to find more threads like this one to avoid additional wasted time. sifting through the pages can be tiresome. That being said, if anyone else wants to give those a try:
    PAC-man: PAC-man Rom
    ParanoidAndroid (PA): [4.3/JSS15J+JWR66Y] AOSPA PARANOIDANDROID 3.99 (23.Aug) | HALO 2.0 (Video inside), Freeze-free 4.3 - xda-developers
    The battery issues seem to be related to 4.3 itself. As nexus user's with the stock update seem to have been experiencing the same problems. That's why I have been avoiding upgrading to 3.99 from 3.69. Even though I have an extended battery, I still don't want the battery drain.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Scott13M likes this.
    08-27-2013 08:07 AM
    I'm still on mmuzzy's 4.2.2 French vanilla ROM. Works great. But I've been looking at 4.3 ROMs over at XDA and RootsWiki. Since my phone is working well, I'll wait until they settle in more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    08-28-2013 11:53 AM
    I know different phones seem to act differently, but mine is running smoother with the 4.3 rom from rootzwiki than I've had it yet! Battery life imo is the best I've had it as well.

08-29-2013 07:20 AM
    I know different phones seem to act differently, but mine is running smoother with the 4.3 rom from rootzwiki than I've had it yet! Battery life imo is the best I've had it as well.

Same. My phone is like a new phone with 4.3 Shiny OTA. I don't know if its the TRIM cleaning helping the speed of the onboard storage, or what. I just know i'm glad to be using the latest and greatest on a phone that still works fine with everything I throw at it. It may not have 8 cores, and 10 GPUs, but it plays every game, and runs every app I've tossed on it perfectly. Yeah load times are a little slower than my Nexus 10 tablet, but the tech hardware is also two years older. That being said it isn't much slower.

-cm-
    08-29-2013 08:31 PM
    Crazy. I was just replying and my phone rebooted! I guess it is trying to tell me it wants 4.3. Anyway, thanks for the reports.

ccm435 likes this.
    08-30-2013 12:09 AM
    Update: I installed the latest Golden Kernel ([KERNEL] Golden Kernel | 1.7 | 3.0.94+ | | Galaxy Nexus > XDA). Along with Shiny OTA my phone is getting better battery life then ever, and is super fast! I recommend people checking that out as well.

-cm-
    Scott13M likes this.
    08-31-2013 02:13 PM
    I loaded CM 10.2, but it has issues with data handoffs. 4G is good, but nothing when the phone says 3G. This post makes it sound like it is a 4.3 thing that won't be fixed until we get new radios from VZW.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 10.2 - Nightly / M-Series / Stable Release (Aug)
    Are you folks on other 4.3 ROMS seeing any issues? And, yes, I did a full wipe.
    09-05-2013 09:26 PM
    Absolutely no issues for my phone (sorry, I know that doesn't help). I think my phone really likes the rootzwiki shiny rom...

Windfrenzy likes this.
    09-05-2013 10:04 PM
    The 3g and 4g handoff seems fine on the 9/4 nightly. The only issue is having to sign in to Amazon appstore every time you open it. That's supposed to be fixed in 9/8, but I'm good for now on this one.

09-09-2013 10:56 PM
    well i decided instead of getting a new phone right now id give 4.3 roms a shot. have shiny stock 4.3. ok so far. my stock launcher crashed a bunch of times but it seems to be stabilizing. Ill see how the next few days go.
    09-13-2013 08:15 PM
    Running Shiny 4.3, I'm not in a hurry to replace my phone anymore. My first ROM, wish I'd done this sooner
    09-18-2013 06:27 PM
    I've used Shiny 4.3 since day 1 and haven't had any issues...been great for me!!!
    09-20-2013 11:22 PM
    Only been on CM 10.2 for 3 days. Running great.

I have a new battery theory. I'm using my GN as a pocket device. It's on airplane mode wifi on. I'm approaching 70hrs and my battery is at 30%! When my GN was a daily driver I barely got 20hrs per charge.
    The radios have been a nightmare from day one.
    09-26-2013 10:33 AM
    Installed/Upgraded to Shiny 4.3.1, great googly moogly! Quicker, Even better than I thought possible.
    Upgraded SU, Installed Golden Kernel, Installed Willijay all-in-one for 4.3.1
    Did it to the wife's phone as well, first words "this thing is quicker"
    This is not your fathers Galaxy Nexus anymore!!!
    10-20-2013 08:44 AM