Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 is stuck in recovery mode. Please help

Abhi88

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, My Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 is stuck in recovery mode as I was trying to root it. I have ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.0.2. It doesnt show the boot loader. just the google logo screen or recovery mode screen. Does it mean the phone is bricked? If so, is there a way it can be unbrick? Apologies for my ignorance. Please Help. TIA

Abhi88

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
This is what I did..

I have tried to unlock and root my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the following steps :

Download: GalaxyNexusRootMac.zip Here

Step 1: Download the link above
Step 2: Extract the zip file and move the extracted folder into "Downloads" folder
Step 3: Open Terminal and type:

cd Downloads
cd GalaxyNexusRootMac
./fastboot-mac oem unlock

Step 4: Plug your phone via microUSB and enter into bootloader mode (Press volume up, volume down, and power button until you feel a vibration)
Step 5: Press volume up and power button to select "Yes" (It says may void warranty, don't worry because you can always lock the booloader if you want)
Step 6: Go back to Terminal and type:

Type for GSM:
./fastboot-mac flash recovery GSM_recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-maguro.img

Step 7: Enter into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode (First enter into Bootloader Mode then press volume up twice and power to select "Recovery")
Step 8: Select "Reboot System Now" using volume and power buttons.
Step 9. Once your phone has finished rebooting Go back to your computer and go to "Downloads > "GalaxyNexusRootMac" and transfer "CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip" into internal Sd card phone.
Step 10: Enter into "Bootloader Mode" (Power off phone, hold down volume up, volume down, and power button until you feel a vibration)
Step 11. Press volume up 2x (twice) and power button to select "Recovery"
Step 12. Select "Install Zip from Sdcard" > "Choose Zip from Sdcard" > Select
"CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip".
Step 13. Choose "Yes" > Go Back > Reboot System Now

Found these instructions at the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1790399

My phone is now stuck in recovery mode.

I have tried doing some troubleshooting with my little knowledge:

Perform Wipe data/Factory reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress) and choose Yes on next screen to confirm the action. Then perform Wipe Cache Partition and once again hit Yes to confirm.
Return to CWM recovery main menu and select Mounts and Storage > Format / data and click Yes on next screen to confirm.
From the main menu of CWM recovery, go to Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache. Then hit Yes on next scrand messed up the whole situation.

It currently shows:
ClockWorkMod Recovery v5.8.0.2
-reboot system now
-
-
-
-
Standard options

I'm using a Mac and have no idea what to do now. Please help.This is my first attempt at doing something like this. Apologies for any lame input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18