Need help, stuck in cwm recovery on Verizon Galaxy Nexus

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I searched all over for a fix and cannot find any help.

So i picked up my gnex in which I havent used in some time and decided I wanted to flash the latest 4.4 aokp nightly.

I pasted the zip file along with gapps zip file on my sd card, updated to latest version of clockworkmod (v6.0.2.3)

Did factory data reset, reset cache partition, wiped dalvic cache

tried to Install zip from sd card and I get message e: error in /sdcard/0/aokp_toro_kitkat_nightly_2014-02-08.zip (status 7) Installation aborted.

So now I am stuck. Phone will not boot back into last version I had installed and like a moron I deleted the last rom off my sdcard before i started.

I should also note that the phone is not recognized by my pc when I plug it in. I tried to sideload a different rom but It seems to not see phone even tho it makes a noise when connected. I do not know if usb debugging is activated.

Please help I dont want to have to use phone as paper weight. Thanks!!!

maurlife

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I remember having something similar happen to me. I was able to use Wug's toolkit to flash a stock recovery, then a stock ROM.
Wug's gives you 3 choices of drivers to install on your pc. Maybe one of them will work? Has to be a way to activate USB debugging without a ROM. The switch is in the ROM, so perhaps it's reset by default?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk