I thought these articles might be interesting....

Tegra 2 Samsung Galaxy S II Coming to Canada, USA

Says it will be LTE; oh man decisions....

Verizon: Samsung To Blindside Motorola Droid Bionic With LTE Galaxy S2?
    07-06-2011 08:42 AM
    I thought these articles might be interesting....

Tegra 2 Samsung Galaxy S II Coming to Canada, USA

Says it will be LTE; oh man decisions....

Verizon: Samsung To Blindside Motorola Droid Bionic With LTE Galaxy S2?
    I don't put any credence into the sources listed for the GSII being LTE. They lists two sources -- Phone Arena's spec page on the GSII and the long ago "leaked" roadmap. Well, the spec page itself has no source, and IMO is just pure speculation. And the leaked roadmap was from back in March and has already been debunked. It looked like someone got on Excel, made a table, took a screenshot, and sent it out.

The GSII may very well come out with LTE. And if it does, it'll surely take much of the Bionic's thunder. But, I just don't think the article's sources are anything that even add to that possibility.

Also, I'm not shooting the messenger here. I'm just trying to put it all in perspective, particularly for those that haven't seen the articles before or are just starting to look at the GSII.
    07-06-2011 08:56 AM
    I'm new to following a phone that I want, so sorry if I sound dumb. But, typically what is the timeline once a phone passes through the FCC to be released?
    07-06-2011 09:19 AM
    Also, I'm not shooting the messenger here. I'm just trying to put it all in perspective, particularly for those that haven't seen the articles before or are just starting to look at the GSII.
    Thanks for keeping it real; thats what these forums are all about. Trying to figure out whats going on
    DolfanCole likes this.
    07-06-2011 09:46 AM
    So any recent news on a possible release date? I am a moto loyalist, but this phone seems too good to pass on,especially if LTE. I would really like to compare this and the Bionic in person.
    07-06-2011 10:08 AM
    So any recent news on a possible release date? I am a moto loyalist, but this phone seems too good to pass on,especially if LTE. I would really like to compare this and the Bionic in person.
    Not that I've seen. The latest speculation was late July/early August. However, with the Bionic rumored to be July 28/Aug. 4, I doubt that will happen. If the Bionic rumor is true (or close), I wouldn't expect the GSII until late August at the earliest.
    allan1313 likes this.
    07-06-2011 10:16 AM
    No news yet, but if this phone does indeed come with an LTE radio, I would bet money that we don't see it before October.
    07-06-2011 10:18 AM
    No news yet, but if this phone does indeed come with an LTE radio, I would bet money that we don't see it before October.
    Why do you think we wouldn't see it before October?? They have had plenty of time to reconfigure it with LTE. It's been out since April overseas right? The only reason they would wait until October is the iPhone. Let's hope for at least some FCC leaks with an LTE radio.
    07-06-2011 10:23 AM
    interesting
    07-06-2011 10:24 AM
    Why do you think we wouldn't see it before October?? They have had plenty of time to reconfigure it with LTE. It's been out since April overseas right? The only reason they would wait until October is the iPhone. Let's hope for at least some FCC leaks with an LTE radio.
    Because its coming to vzw and we know that (1) They like to give a phone that 14 day period of advertising and sells so to try to limit returns (2) They are normally the last to get big releases for devices. The fascinate was one of the last Samsung Galaxy device to get released and part of it was vzw putting their stamp on it, which turned out to be a bad thing. With that said att and tmobile still haven't gotten it either so I am curious to see what days they post as the official release day for their galaxy s 2 devices.
    07-06-2011 11:42 AM
    Please be 4G...please be 4G...please be 4G...please be 4G...
    07-06-2011 11:58 AM
    I bought my Charge at Costco on the 24th, giving me roughly 80 days for this thing to drop so I can swap them out. Come on BIG RED!
    07-06-2011 01:34 PM
    I bought my Charge at Costco on the 24th, giving me roughly 80 days for this thing to drop so I can swap them out. Come on BIG RED!
    Well best case scenario; is this. U can do a trade in with VZ I put my charge in there just to see what I would get and it came back at 215 trade in. So best case if u don't feel like trying to sell it via ebay. U can always trade it in. Heck I am looking at selling my DC for 200.00 paying the etf. And buying on a new contract. They changed the rules but left us freaks some room in the game
    07-06-2011 01:41 PM
    Well best case scenario; is this. U can do a trade in with VZ I put my charge in there just to see what I would get and it came back at 215 trade in. So best case if u don't feel like trying to sell it via ebay. U can always trade it in. Heck I am looking at selling my DC for 200.00 paying the etf. And buying on a new contract. They changed the rules but left us freaks some room in the game
    that doesn't sound like a very good plan as that will likely terminate your unlimited plan
    07-06-2011 05:03 PM
    that doesn't sound like a very good plan as that will likely terminate your unlimited plan
    Nah if u upgrade to a smartphone u are good, besides they wont mess with long term customers.
    Recent incident with me I bought my g/f a DC and I inquired about her getting an unlimited plan and her employee discount. They said with unlimited no discount.
    I am currently on a fam share 3000 min plan, and mind u they use to post having a 4000 min plan.
    They still have it tucked away for long term customers, so they switched me to the family share 4000 min. They can do what the desire. So I'm thinking they won't mess with their long term customers
    07-06-2011 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD