10-08-2011 10:55 AM
177 1234 ...
tools
    everyone who bought the nexus s 4g knew they were buying older tech.
    it should not be a surprise to anyone if sprint gets another nexus this year.
    Seven2k likes this.
    07-11-2011 06:05 PM
    everyone who bought the nexus s 4g knew they were buying older tech.
    it should not be a surprise to anyone if sprint gets another nexus this year.
    Yeah my thoughts exactly.Nexus S 4g on sprint was the dark horse now everyone wants one. I had to buy mine on a deal from CL.
    07-11-2011 06:15 PM
    I would not be surprised at all if Google bought Sprint. There has already been rumors swirling for months and the two companies are pretty much in bed with each other.

-nexus s coming to sprint
    -sprint and google voice integration
    -google selecting Kansas city as the birthplace for their super high speed Internet (KC is home of sprint. This is just me guessing, but I can't imagine it was coincidence.)

As a resident of KC, only the immortal words of Bart Scott can describe my feelings.... CANT WAIT
    07-11-2011 06:17 PM
    I would not be surprised at all if Google bought Sprint. There has already been rumors swirling for months and the two companies are pretty much in bed with each other.

-nexus s coming to sprint
    -sprint and google voice integration
    -google selecting Kansas city as the birthplace for their super high speed Internet (KC is home of sprint. This is just me guessing, but I can't imagine it was coincidence.)

As a resident of KC, only the immortal words of Bart Scott can describe my feelings.... CANT WAIT
    Sprint, RIM. Google going to be very busy over the next couple of years. No wonder they didn't up their bid for the Nortel patents, they need the money. LOL
    07-11-2011 06:19 PM
    Phil, can you substantiate or are you just steering the pot??
    07-11-2011 06:24 PM
    I'm spending $_____ in October.
    deviouslylost and tehsusenoh like this.
    07-11-2011 06:56 PM
    as someone who owns a bit of sprint stock I would give my left pinky toe for that buyout!! but I doubt we'll see it. it would cause a lot of problems with Google's relationship with other carriers and even manufacturers.
    07-11-2011 07:08 PM
    Come on guys.. y'all know the drill

take it with a grain of salt.. forum admin or not
    07-11-2011 07:28 PM

A little salt never hurts. But keep in mind that Phil is not only a forum Administrator, but also the editor of the AndroidCentral blog and a writer of many of the stories you can read on our front page. From my own observations, his sources are reliable.

Sent from my Nexus S
    07-11-2011 07:49 PM
    Here is to hoping. I'd love for Sammy to make it honestly. I've used just about every high end android phone but for some reason the nexus s is my favorite. Just overall feel of it is amazing.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    07-11-2011 09:01 PM
    Here is to hoping. I'd love for Sammy to make it honestly. I've used just about every high end android phone but for some reason the nexus s is my favorite. Just overall feel of it is amazing.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Definitely, Samsung's superior hardware and Google's support make a killer combo.
    07-11-2011 09:12 PM
    I am very interested in a pure google phone to the point where I flashed a rom on my Charge to make it as close to a Nexus S as possible.

This is very interesting news especially if it comes to Verizon and our REAL 4G network.

But what does this mean for the U.S. release for the Galaxy S II? It won't be out till spring of next year if this Nexus Prime rumor is true.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    07-11-2011 09:26 PM
    That is all.
    Phil,

I'm not sure if I love you or hate you at this point.
    LegendarySoul likes this.
    07-11-2011 10:15 PM
    If it's the fabled Nexus Prime with 720p resolution I'm all over it.
    07-12-2011 12:21 AM
    Nexus______. October.
    -
    The new Nexus Underscore.

Wow, they are really getting desperate for new handset names, jeez.

-
    tehsusenoh, LewD1 and blaqbird like this.
    07-12-2011 12:58 AM
    -
    The new Nexus Underscore.

Wow, they are really getting desperate for new handset names, jeez.

-
    Maybe they'll announce a partnership with My______, too. Put an underscore button on the phone?
    dcvanderbush likes this.
    07-12-2011 09:50 AM
    Next Nexus: Made by Samsung -___-

Samsung Romania Twitter

Specs:
    Super AMOLED HD (1280 x 720)
    Android 4.0

Obviously, Samsung says it was done by an outside source, but it seems realistic enough. Sadface, I want an HTC..
    07-12-2011 01:18 PM
    Samsung has good innards, wish it would have an HTC exterior finish though. Big battery and bring it on!
    07-12-2011 02:01 PM
    So what's going on with the next Nexus, is it Sammy or HTC? I am honestly confused.
    07-12-2011 03:13 PM
    This is very interesting news especially if it comes to Verizon and our REAL 4G network. Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    4G is 4G. It has been said before that what is out right now Wimax/LTE/HPA+ or what ever Tmo is running is considered 4G. And soon that wouldn't be fast enough because the faster we can download the bigger the files will get and the longer they will take to download....

Unless they were already preparing for it( i hope they were) It might not comes to Sprint first. Only because of the LightSquared deal . Sprint might want there Phone to have both Wimax and Lte in them.
    I don't thing Phil will put something out there that he himself felt was a lie. I'm pretty sure he trust his source good enough to post this. But it doesnt pan out there is always some new phone coming out and some to wish/want/wait for lol.
    07-12-2011 04:23 PM
    4G is 4G. It has been said before that what is out right now
    I don't thing Phil will put something out there that he himself felt was a lie. I'm pretty sure he trust his source good enough to post this. But it doesnt pan out there is always some new phone coming out and some to wish/want/wait for lol.
    Agreed. I don't see Phil as the type who reports mere rumors as fact, if Phil is putting it out there then he must think it has some truth to it.
    07-12-2011 04:30 PM
    I hope the BGR report is true and the top manufacturers all get ICS halo devices! I am not a fan of Samsungs plastic feel, I've been spoiled by my Legend. HTC metal unibody nexus with ICS would be epic!
    07-12-2011 07:00 PM
    Its a rumor, no sources suggest who will manufacture the next nexus, however I think it will be Samsung.
    07-12-2011 08:58 PM

This. I think if Phil had something real, he'd post it on the front page

Next Nexus: Made by Samsung -___-

Samsung Romania Twitter

Specs:
    Super AMOLED HD (1280 x 720)
    Android 4.0

Obviously, Samsung says it was done by an outside source, but it seems realistic enough. Sadface, I want an HTC..
    What is with calling ICS 4.0? I haven't seen any good reason for it to be called such. So far, it seems like a minor feature release for tablets, so it get's a .x bump for them, maybe 3.3. For phones, it is a huge release, but 3.3 is a full point jump for phones, indicating it as such. So far, ICS doesn't look like it is to honeycomb what eclair was to donut or honeycomb was to gingerbread.'

And now I'm hungry.
    07-12-2011 09:55 PM
    My moneys on LG. Moto, Samsung, and HTC all have had their day in the sun. LG has not. Besides, with the Optimus 2X and the Optimus 3D, they seem to be putting a lot of work on the high end. Finally, they have worked with OMAP before, the chipset I'd bet on being in the next Nexus.

That said, I want it to be samsung. I would love to see even a qHD Samoled+ display. If the 720p rumors are true...
    07-12-2011 09:59 PM
177 1234 ...