10-08-2011 10:55 AM
177 12345 ...
tools
    Verizon Contract ENDS in Oct for me. iPhone (me me me me me, yay!) or a Prime? Nexus ______, will have to do, cause if I wake up singing I'm always on my mind )me me me me( shoot me.
    07-12-2011 09:59 PM
    I second Eman I believe LG is next. But it really all breaks down to the price the OEM can give google, so theoreticly it could be another Sammy being the fact that they make most of their own hardware in house.
    07-13-2011 06:04 AM
    Hope my Evo can make it 3 more months.
    07-13-2011 10:51 AM
    4G is 4G. It has been said before that what is out right now Wimax/LTE/HPA+ or what ever Tmo is running is considered 4G.
    Yea I know....I was just busting balls. All of it falls under "4G" now. We won't see what was supposed to be the REAL 4G (1gHz per second download speed) for some time though.

Even still, I haven't seen anything close to how fast Verizon is. That 700mHz is a special frequency.
    07-13-2011 11:56 AM
    Yea I know....I was just busting balls. All of it falls under "4G" now. We won't see what was supposed to be the REAL 4G (1gHz per second download speed) for some time though.

Even still, I haven't seen anything close to how fast Verizon is. That 700mHz is a special frequency.
    1 gHz per second seems blazing fast...
    07-13-2011 02:13 PM

Don't you mean 1gbps? haha if it were 1gHz per second, then that would make up for a REALLY fast processor
    07-13-2011 02:20 PM

I didn't think frequency had anything to do with it. Does it? Someone please enlighten me, because I don't know much about bands and frequencies.
    07-13-2011 02:39 PM
    Don't you mean 1gbps? haha if it were 1gHz per second, then that would make up for a REALLY fast processor
    Doesn't gHz already mean 1 billion cycles per second?
    Scottish and Officerpolabear like this.
    07-13-2011 02:41 PM
    Doesn't gHz already mean 1 billion cycles per second?
    Then it would be velocity! (or acceleration i forgot). You know when it's (unit of distance) per second per second?
    07-13-2011 08:41 PM
    I didn't think frequency had anything to do with it. Does it? Someone please enlighten me, because I don't know much about bands and frequencies.
    The higher the frequency, the less penetration (i.e. building and what not).
    07-13-2011 08:42 PM
    All I know is as my wishlist I want:

- Body of an HTC device
    - Internals and display of the best Samsung has to offer
    - 1900mAh or more battery
    - 4" high res display
    - Verizon 4G LTE

Thats not to much to ask for right?
    tehsusenoh likes this.
    07-13-2011 08:47 PM
    Well Motorola never actually had a chance at a Nexus device. They usually get dibs at major OS releases first. Seems the next version is Android 4.0, which many consider a major release. I think BGR's original report on Samsung making a Nexus branded device, but other manufacturer releasing their own stock devices shortly after across all carriers is most likely going to happen. It happened with Honeycomb, and could possibly happen with all major releases from this point on. So many believe Verizon wont get the next Nexus, but I'm pretty confident Verizon subscribers will get a pure Google experience.
    07-13-2011 08:56 PM
    So many believe Verizon wont get the next Nexus, but I'm pretty confident Verizon subscribers will get a pure Google experience.
    I have to agree. We wont get a "nexus", that much is pretty solid. But a Droid with pure google? Id consider that a near certainty.
    07-15-2011 02:20 PM
    I hope that bgr's report is correct. The specs are beast and this is my next phone for sure. I am switching to sprint from verizon to get this. Aaron kasten got some new info on the next nexus. He knows a guy that has been 100% in the past and says the next nexus is being made by samsung and its being looked at verizon right now
    Here what he sAaron Kasten - Jul 11, 2011 - Public
    It's Prime Time!

Remember that old VZW contact that showed me the Incredible before anyone knew what it was (http://twitpic.com/16ic9q)? What about the Merge, remember when I shared pictures of Verizon's first world phone before anyone else(http://www.androidguys.com/wp-conten...-Verizon-6.jpg Or how about the time I told you the next dessert name Google would use was honeycomb a month before anyone made it official (Honeycomb is up next after Gingerbread Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy).

Well I ran into this awesome person again, and in passing got some interesting bits of Android deliciousness to share with you (please keep in mind we are way early in the life cycle of launching this device and things could change).

The Nexus Prime is real, and while that may not be the name at launch that is what they are calling it right now. The Nexus Prime is currently being looked at by Verizon, does that mean they will get it? I can't say for sure but it certainly would seem like it. The device is currently sporting a dual core processor, I do not know the chipset manufacturer yet but hope I get more info soon. Contrary to the rumors I saw earlier today, this device is manufactured by Samsung, with a target launch date of sometime in October.

There you have it. Nothing ground breaking, but some information from a source that has proven 100% correct in the past. I am sorry if you feel I am adding to the heap of rumors, that is not my intention. My goal is to help put out the wildfire of rumors surrounding this device.
    Collapse this postaid
    07-16-2011 09:43 AM
    I could see Google going with LG cuz of the tri dual technology. About 10 months after debuting at ces, they probably have it set up nicely on their handsets...
    07-17-2011 01:24 AM
    I could see Google going with LG cuz of the tri dual technology. About 10 months after debuting at ces, they probably have it set up nicely on their handsets...
    Samsung will make the nexus prime
    07-17-2011 10:15 AM
    I was testing you to see if you were paying attention and you passed...well done.
    The rest of you failed miserably.

I'm reading a book on LTE and real 4g would have a peak speed of 1Gbit/s stationary and 100Mbit/s while moving fast. Even with a crowded network you'd still get amazing speeds. This will be called LTE Advanced in the future.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE
    07-18-2011 12:19 AM
    I'd rather have Samsung make the phone. They are the only manufacturer besides Apple who can make a super powerful device that's thin, has a really good display, and can last all day battery wise.

Here's what I want for the Nexus Prime:

Samsung
    4.3-4.5 Inch Super Amoled Plus
    Higher than WVGA resolution w/ HD Aspect ratio
    Dual-core processor (anything but Snapdragon)
    Super thin frame
    Best cameras on Android phones yet
    No plastic glossy finish, make it aluminum or textured at least
    Big battery
    Available on all carriers at launch. AT&T & Verizon models have 4G LTE.
    Available in white, black, and silver

It's very possible to Google to do this, but since the phone will launch AFTER the iPhone 5 (most likely), it won't have nearly as much attention (except by nerds like us). I really hope ICS ties Google TV together with smartphones and tablets so we can stream our games/videos wirelessly to our TV. I also hope they do some quality control on the Android market and get more developers on board. Honeycomb has been such a joke.
    07-18-2011 01:17 AM
    I'd rather have Samsung make the phone. They are the only manufacturer besides Apple who can make a super powerful device that's thin, has a really good display, and can last all day battery wise.

Here's what I want for the Nexus Prime:

Samsung
    4.3-4.5 Inch Super Amoled Plus
    Higher than WVGA resolution w/ HD Aspect ratio
    Dual-core processor (anything but Snapdragon)
    Super thin frame
    Best cameras on Android phones yet
    No plastic glossy finish, make it aluminum or textured at least
    Big battery
    Available on all carriers at launch. AT&T & Verizon models have 4G LTE.
    Available in white, black, and silver

It's very possible to Google to do this, but since the phone will launch AFTER the iPhone 5 (most likely), it won't have nearly as much attention (except by nerds like us). I really hope ICS ties Google TV together with smartphones and tablets so we can stream our games/videos wirelessly to our TV. I also hope they do some quality control on the Android market and get more developers on board. Honeycomb has been such a joke.
    That is what i want for the nexus prime. I want the dual core omap @ 1.5 ghz would be perfect
    07-18-2011 09:40 AM
    I want:
    -4.3 or 4.5 inch rumored Super AMOLED HD screen
    -Samsung-made
    -Tegra 3, 1.5 GHz dual core OMAP, 1.2 GHz dual core Exynos for a Samsung-made phone, 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm processor
    -dual channel memory (like the Optimus 3D)
    -HDMI out
    -All GSM/CDMA frequencies, with support for both Verizon AND AT&T LTE
    -12+ mp camera with 1080p recording
    -2+ mp front facing camera
    -NFC
    -Personally, I would prefer hard buttons, but it doesn't really matter to me
    -1GB of RAM
    -Notification light
    -HDMI Mirroring
    07-18-2011 07:37 PM
    Originally Posted by EggoEspada
    So many believe Verizon wont get the next Nexus, but I'm pretty confident Verizon subscribers will get a pure Google experience.

I have to agree. We wont get a "nexus", that much is pretty solid. But a Droid with pure google? Id consider that a near certainty.
    If Vzw has its way itll be a pure Microsoft experience, an thats why so many people believe VZW wont get a pure Google Experience. Verizon ruffles Googles feathers too much. The Droid was vanilla but, look at the Droid three with moto blur. Vzw binged up the new LG, Phil bout puked on it.
    07-19-2011 07:53 AM
    If Vzw has its way itll be a pure Microsoft experience, an thats why so many people believe VZW wont get a pure Google Experience. Verizon ruffles Googles feathers too much. The Droid was vanilla but, look at the Droid three with moto blur. Vzw binged up the new LG, Phil bout puked on it.
    so 1 phone getting binged means all their phones are going to be a microsoft experience? Come on look at all the high end phones minus the lg which isnt really high end (as shown by the poor sales) None have bing. I can see verizon getting a stock droid phone if not the nexus. Not to mention vzw doesnt make phones so they can only do so much with what a manufacturer produces. After all it is the manufacturer that makes the skins. The reason the OG droid was vanilla was that was moto's first big leap back into the smartphone market before they had blur.
    07-19-2011 09:37 AM
    they've stopped binging droids, look at X2. Even the Inc2 and Thuderbolt don't have it. If verizon really wanted a "pure Microsoft experience," they'll go with WP7, now that that's an option.
    07-19-2011 10:31 AM
    They have binged more than one phone, I can think of three off the top of my head for sure, Your right they did stop binging droids, but they also started running blur. So either way they neither are ASOP. . . . . So as I was saying the motos on VZW are not a Pure Google Experince, and VZW likes Bing on android
    07-19-2011 11:25 AM
    07-19-2011 04:15 PM
177 12345 ...