Nexus ______. October.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'll be switching to Sprint sooner then I thought. Yes I know current rumors claim that all the major carriers will carry the next Nexus phone, but frankly I'll believe it when I see it.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know...October is a weird month to announce a phone like that.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I would have thought November or December. October works for me though. I'll be happy if its on Verizon, though I'm skeptical of that happening.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Release in October, or announcement in October?

Changes things quite a bit...

probably both. Remember, the Nexus S was announced in December, and came out about a week later. Hopefully Google will do this again, unlike some phones announced at CES and are still not out (cough cough Bionic cough)

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Any idea as to the appearance/manufacturer?

You can refer to the thread titled nexus prime under this thread. From what they are saying it will be made by Samsung. But honestly, i dont think that is 100% credible, so you never know. I hope it's Sammy. I'm a sucker for their screens

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You can refer to the thread titled nexus prime under this thread. From what they are saying it will be made by Samsung. But honestly, i dont think that is 100% credible, so you never know. I hope it's Sammy. I'm a sucker for their screens

Or it could be like BGR reported, that a few Tier 1 OEMs will get their own, but it is possible that Samsung will get the Nexus name. I mean, that's what Google did with Honeycomb. I'm under the impression now that that's one way Google will help slow fragmentation, by working with OEMs during the process of a new Android version.

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
probably both. Remember, the Nexus S was announced in December, and came out about a week later. Hopefully Google will do this again, unlike some phones announced at CES and are still not out (cough cough Bionic cough)

But if it's on Sprint...they'll announce it Oct and probably release it 2-3 months afterwards.

Google must get as much market share as it can in the Sprint realm before iOS makes its way there...

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
But if it's on Sprint...they'll announce it Oct and probably release it 2-3 months afterwards.

Google must get as much market share as it can in the Sprint realm before iOS makes its way there...

With that logic you would think they would try and get on verizon to get some market share away from IOS and not to mention with verizon having so many customers and many who want and would recommend a nexus to their friends and family.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
With that logic you would think they would try and get on verizon to get some market share away from IOS and not to mention with verizon having so many customers and many who want and would recommend a nexus to their friends and family.

Exactly. I would think that Google would be trying as hard as they could to get Verizon to pick up the next Nexus phone to combat the Verizon iPhone. Maybe Verizon doesn't think that a pure Android phone with no custom manufacturer UI won't sell? I think it would, there seems to be a large group of Verizon customers on this forum who want the Nexus Three/Prime (though we might not be reflective of the population at large), but because 99.9% of all Android phones have custom UI's I don't think we really don't know how the non phone nerd public would really respond to vanilla Android. The best was to find out would be for all four major carriers to pick up the next Nexus phones and see how they sell.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I dont think they worried to much about Verizon. the Iphone didnt sell as fast or much as they hoped. With Sprint it seems like Google is seeing how they are moving with the 4G advancement and a Wimax/LTE phone would be far more superior then a Iphone .:).. I do hope it comes out for all carriers at the same time so we can go out and get it.But Google also needs to be careful . If they go ahead and make a phone that everyone will want. How would this benifit the phone makers? It will turn out to be just like Apple. :'( ... I hope it s a Great phone and comes to Sprint first. all IMO

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
IMO, I would say that the order of carriers who will get this phone (from most definite to least definite) is:
1. Sprint (look at their relationship with Google)
2. T-Mobile (the last two Nexuses have been on this network)
3. AT&T (Nexus One was officially released for bands on this carrier, but the Nexus S had to be imported with their 3G bands)
4. Verizon (for all the reasons mentioned by everybody else, although I would agree that Google is probably riding them hard, and that there is a good chance of this Nexus Prime getting on Verizon (hopefully with LTE!))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon