Nexus ______. October.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This is very interesting news especially if it comes to Verizon and our REAL 4G network. Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

4G is 4G. It has been said before that what is out right now Wimax/LTE/HPA+ or what ever Tmo is running is considered 4G. And soon that wouldn't be fast enough because the faster we can download the bigger the files will get and the longer they will take to download....

Unless they were already preparing for it( i hope they were) It might not comes to Sprint first. Only because of the LightSquared deal . Sprint might want there Phone to have both Wimax and Lte in them.
I don't thing Phil will put something out there that he himself felt was a lie. I'm pretty sure he trust his source good enough to post this. But it doesnt pan out there is always some new phone coming out and some to wish/want/wait for lol.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
4G is 4G. It has been said before that what is out right now
I don't thing Phil will put something out there that he himself felt was a lie. I'm pretty sure he trust his source good enough to post this. But it doesnt pan out there is always some new phone coming out and some to wish/want/wait for lol.

Agreed. I don't see Phil as the type who reports mere rumors as fact, if Phil is putting it out there then he must think it has some truth to it.

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope the BGR report is true and the top manufacturers all get ICS halo devices! I am not a fan of Samsungs plastic feel, I've been spoiled by my Legend. HTC metal unibody nexus with ICS would be epic!

NoLife

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: All this Nexus stuff

Its a rumor, no sources suggest who will manufacture the next nexus, however I think it will be Samsung.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Come on guys.. y'all know the drill

take it with a grain of salt.. forum admin or not

This. I think if Phil had something real, he'd post it on the front page :p

Next Nexus: Made by Samsung -___-

Samsung Romania Twitter

Specs:
Super AMOLED HD (1280 x 720)
Android 4.0

Obviously, Samsung says it was done by an outside source, but it seems realistic enough. Sadface, I want an HTC..

What is with calling ICS 4.0? I haven't seen any good reason for it to be called such. So far, it seems like a minor feature release for tablets, so it get's a .x bump for them, maybe 3.3. For phones, it is a huge release, but 3.3 is a full point jump for phones, indicating it as such. So far, ICS doesn't look like it is to honeycomb what eclair was to donut or honeycomb was to gingerbread.'

And now I'm hungry.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

My moneys on LG. Moto, Samsung, and HTC all have had their day in the sun. LG has not. Besides, with the Optimus 2X and the Optimus 3D, they seem to be putting a lot of work on the high end. Finally, they have worked with OMAP before, the chipset I'd bet on being in the next Nexus.

That said, I want it to be samsung. I would love to see even a qHD Samoled+ display. If the 720p rumors are true...:-$

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Contract ENDS in Oct for me. iPhone (me me me me me, yay!) or a Prime? Nexus ______, will have to do, cause if I wake up singing I'm always on my mind )me me me me( shoot me.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I second Eman I believe LG is next. But it really all breaks down to the price the OEM can give google, so theoreticly it could be another Sammy being the fact that they make most of their own hardware in house.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
4G is 4G. It has been said before that what is out right now Wimax/LTE/HPA+ or what ever Tmo is running is considered 4G.

Yea I know....I was just busting balls. All of it falls under "4G" now. We won't see what was supposed to be the REAL 4G (1gHz per second download speed) for some time though.

Even still, I haven't seen anything close to how fast Verizon is. That 700mHz is a special frequency.

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea I know....I was just busting balls. All of it falls under "4G" now. We won't see what was supposed to be the REAL 4G (1gHz per second download speed) for some time though.

Even still, I haven't seen anything close to how fast Verizon is. That 700mHz is a special frequency.

1 gHz per second seems blazing fast...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Don't you mean 1gbps? haha if it were 1gHz per second, then that would make up for a REALLY fast processor :)

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I didn't think frequency had anything to do with it. Does it? Someone please enlighten me, because I don't know much about bands and frequencies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463