Nexus ______. October.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I see that not all HTC phones are built like that, but look at the 3d and the sensation. Sensation has unibody build, and both have soft touch paint. When HTC tries, its beautiful what is produced. If they were to do the nexus prime, this is the type of build we'd be looking at.

The build on the 3d does not impress me either. Reminds me too much of the og EVO. I'll agree on the unibody builds. As soon as Sprint sees one of those , I'll probably be back on the HTC bandwagon

dcvanderbush

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not to be a party pooper, but if the phone is due to be launched in just a couple months, wouldnt the mfgr decision probably have been made already? Tooling for parts as intricate as those in our devices takes time, and even more so testing would probably start soon as well...? Just a couple of thoughts.

Sent with Tapatalk from my Epic 4G

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think microsoft paid Verizon $500 million to Bing up a lot of phones. But since it's Google's phone the big G won't allow Bing, BUT I would think that Verizon would tell Google, "Microsoft paid us, so you should too. " and Google will laugh and take the Nexus elsewhere.

If it does come to Verizon, it will not have LTE. Google would want a second generation LTE antenna so it would be more power efficient, but we haven't seen such a thing outside of Krait by Qualcomm. Samsung wouldn't use Krait, they'd use their Exynos. So if Samsung is making it for sure, it won't have LTE.

I would want to see HTC using the Krait soc. But again, it won't come to Verizon. Plus, Verizon is too greedy to not bloat its phones. It thinks bloat is profitable in the long run, but it should just offer a debloated and unlocked phone for $50 more and it'd make way more money.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Aegis

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is in November, so I am hoping I'll have plenty of options. If the new Nexus phone is one of them, it'll probably be on the top of my list. I've wanted to get a Nexus phone ever since I heard Verizon was going to get the Nexus One, but I'm sure most of you know how that turned out. Hopefully they don't screw the proverbial pooch here.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think microsoft paid Verizon $500 million to Bing up a lot of phones. But since it's Google's phone the big G won't allow Bing, BUT I would think that Verizon would tell Google, "Microsoft paid us, so you should too. " and Google will laugh and take the Nexus elsewhere.

If it does come to Verizon, it will not have LTE. Google would want a second generation LTE antenna so it would be more power efficient, but we haven't seen such a thing outside of Krait by Qualcomm. Samsung wouldn't use Krait, they'd use their Exynos. So if Samsung is making it for sure, it won't have LTE.

I would want to see HTC using the Krait soc. But again, it won't come to Verizon. Plus, Verizon is too greedy to not bloat its phones. It thinks bloat is profitable in the long run, but it should just offer a debloated and unlocked phone for $50 more and it'd make way more money.

It was said to have LTE so why would they take it out just for verizon? Also verizon isnt going to try and tell google they need to pay them that is hilarious you think that. Microsoft has 1 phone on verizon how many android's are on verizon? yeah clearly there is a reason microsoft is paying to get bing put on phones and google isnt. What about the iphone? Or is that special and you will make an excuse why verizon didnt bloat that up? The reason verizon didnt get the first 2 nexus is because they werent really selling that well but now that verizon sees there is a higher demand for them they will be more open to it. I mean one unbloated phone isnt going to kill them when they load up all the others.

Reactions: ejaymd11

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It was said to have LTE so why would they take it out just for verizon? Also verizon isnt going to try and tell google they need to pay them that is hilarious you think that. Microsoft has 1 phone on verizon how many android's are on verizon? yeah clearly there is a reason microsoft is paying to get bing put on phones and google isnt. What about the iphone? Or is that special and you will make an excuse why verizon didnt bloat that up? The reason verizon didnt get the first 2 nexus is because they werent really selling that well but now that verizon sees there is a higher demand for them they will be more open to it. I mean one unbloated phone isnt going to kill them when they load up all the others.

You misread everything I wrote and you were antagonistic. Nice job.

I meant that with Microsoft paying Verizon to put Bing on Android phones, Verizon has more incentive to strong arm even Google with carrier terms with respect to the device. (eg bloatware).

Verizon can't do that with Apple because other companies would beg to sell the iPhone given the consumer demand for it. So there's precedent in Apple's favor at work.

And yes, the number of people who even know about the Nexus phones let alone demand it like they would the iphone is much smaller.

Selling "well" is relative. If the projected sales volume isn't attractive, it doesn't matter how well it sold say, compared to the last version.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You misread everything I wrote and you were antagonistic. Nice job.

I meant that with Microsoft paying Verizon to put Bing on Android phones, Verizon has more incentive to strong arm even Google with carrier terms with respect to the device. (eg bloatware).

Verizon can't do that with Apple because other companies would beg to sell the iPhone given the consumer demand for it. So there's precedent in Apple's favor at work.

And yes, the number of people who even know about the Nexus phones let alone demand it like they would the iphone is much smaller.

Selling "well" is relative. If the projected sales volume isn't attractive, it doesn't matter how well it sold say, compared to the last version.

No I wasn't being antagonistic I was stating a few points. Like I said none of the droid line phones got bing they usually stuck bing on phones that didnt sell that well or weren't truly high end( revolution sales are awful) Just saying Verizon didn't need the iphone as they were competing with their droid line up so yeah every other carrier may want to sell it but it's not like verizon is tmo or sprint where they are losing customers left and right.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Tl;Dr
I did see some concerns with sprint selling another nexus so soon after the nexus s. Well they've already dropped the price to $30 on their website for an upgrade (my best friend just bought one yesterday) so i wonder if they're making room for another google-laden device.

As far as big red is concerned, I'm jaded but hopeful.

At&t used to have a monopoly, i really doubt the us government will let them eat t-mo

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I really hope Sprint is making room for the new Nexus. If they don't get it, I'm totally screwed because I don't want to deal with Sense ever again. Touchwiz doesn't look as heavy but I really want to try vanilla android. I have to keep in mind the rule that I wanted to set for myself, "no changing carriers to get a phone." :D

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
agreed cggeek.... I have never found the need to leave Sprint and i am being rewarded every year with an Anniversary discount and being able to upgrade to a new phone. I hope they do get it and first lol. Just to stick it to the top dogs V and A for not forking up the cash or what ever is needed to get this thing to market first. lol

Glitch4583

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've gotta say, I'm really torn. I'm on the Charge right now, not happy with it. I hope solid info on this sucker comes out soon 'cause I have a toss-up between the Bionic and the SG2 for vzw. What to do...

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
With the notion that VZW is not getting the S2, do you think that lends more credence to the Prime in October? My thought is that they did not want the S2 to come out and a month or so later a better phone from the same manufacturer comes out. Just some food for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol