Nexus ______. October.

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
IMO, I would say that the order of carriers who will get this phone (from most definite to least definite) is:
1. Sprint (look at their relationship with Google)
2. T-Mobile (the last two Nexuses have been on this network)
3. AT&T (Nexus One was officially released for bands on this carrier, but the Nexus S had to be imported with their 3G bands)
4. Verizon (for all the reasons mentioned by everybody else, although I would agree that Google is probably riding them hard, and that there is a good chance of this Nexus Prime getting on Verizon (hopefully with LTE!))

This guy might have nailed #4 well before Uncle Jerry.
And has this always been a sticky? If not y now?

Last edited:

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
well, that order may have to be revised. the SCH-i515 just cleared bluetooth certification, and it's listed as a CDMA phone - so, VZW or Sprint. also, as has been noted, the "SCH" model prefix is the same as was used for the Droid Charge - another indication for VZW. couple this with Phil's confirmation (and others) that it's coming to VZW, i think we're looking at a VZW release.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That could be for a GSM device. There will be both CDMA and GSM versions of the Prime. Different model numbers for the variants of the device. Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
That could be for a GSM device. There will be both CDMA and GSM versions of the Prime. Different model numbers for the variants of the device. Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I mentioned this yesterday, but P3Droid says one model number is for Vodafone and the other is for Verizon.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this yesterday, but P3Droid says one model number is for Vodafone and the other is for Verizon.

I think we are saying the same thing, well sort of. I believe that Vodafone uses GSM frequencies and we all know Verizon is a CDMA/LTE carrier. So I think that we are both right in a sense. :cool:

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
has phil ever been wrong? no offense, still kinda new here.

Phil knows his stuff. He is usually spot on. If his is unsure of the source i don't think he would post it.

A few months ago, he did say the Bionic was coming in July. And we all can see that it'll be coming out 9/8, a few months later. I'm not really taking a jab at Phil as what he said may have been overcome by events, particularly in the case of the Bionic with everything that went on with it. But, I just want to put some persective in this as things do happen and the info that he provides may be spot on when he receives it, but may in the long run end up being off due to various events unforeseen at the time (e.g., testing takes longer, device issues, etc.).

Reactions: crzycrkr

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
A few months ago, he did say the Bionic was coming in July. And we all can see that it'll be coming out 9/8, a few months later. I'm not really taking a jab at Phil as what he said may have been overcome by events, particularly in the case of the Bionic with everything that went on with it. But, I just want to put some persective in this as things do happen and the info that he provides may be spot on when he receives it, but may in the long run end up being off due to various events unforeseen at the time (e.g., testing takes longer, device issues, etc.).

Understandably true but if they didn't go and drop it to then redesign it , Most likely it would have been out July. :0)

Alucardsyco

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but BMX stated on twitter, "Final software almost ready n shipping to hardware partners. Code monkeys get work done.." I would assume a month to finalize code/build product/ month to test. So I'd say probably a mid November launch for the Nexus Prime if the software he is speaking of does turn out to be ICS.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Original Droid launched on October 17th, 2009. My money's on it launching right around that 2-year contract renewal time with a big media marketing blitz to go a long with it.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought that the original Droid launched in early November. The sixth jumps out to me for some reason.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The Original Droid launched on October 17th, 2009. My money's on it launching right around that 2-year contract renewal time with a big media marketing blitz to go a long with it.

But doesn't Verizon allow upgrades on 2-yr contracts at the 20-month mark? If so, then those should already be eligible to upgrade.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
The OG dropped in Oct, making people who got it on release eligible to upgrade in June. That's why many people speculated that the Bionic would come out in July.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Just because people have upgrades available, doesn't mean everyone notices, let alone wants to do it immediately. We are all enthusiasts, we count down the days lol.

Im looking at mid-late October. Be nice to have it in time for Halloween....Then Id be used to it for the holidays

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
But doesn't Verizon allow upgrades on 2-yr contracts at the 20-month mark? If so, then those should already be eligible to upgrade.

This.

Plus the marketing for the Droid started in October but the phone actually launched on November 6.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

I bought the OG Droid they day it came out and I was eligible for an upgrade in mid-July. I still haven't upgraded my phone because there wasn't a great phone available in July or August. Looks like I'm skipping the Bionic as well.