Nexus ______. October.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Remember, upgrades are available 4 months before the end of contract date.

You'd be surprised he many people don't realize that they can upgrade earlier or even after 12 months. Plus, they usually don't run out to buy a phone right away if they're content with their phone. The Nexus Prime could convince others who haven't already upgraded to the Droid 3 or iPhone or just haven't realized their upgrade yet.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You'd be surprised he many people don't realize that they can upgrade earlier or even after 12 months. Plus, they usually don't run out to buy a phone right away if they're content with their phone. The Nexus Prime could convince others who haven't already upgraded to the Droid 3 or iPhone or just haven't realized their upgrade yet.
Tried saying this earlier. Totally agree.

Were geeks and count down the days. Id say 80% of customers have NO IDEA when they can upgrade or not, or even what that means....

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Still looking for some more details. Bionic is getting very tempting....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I think the Bionic is old news now. Seems like so many phones are right around the corner. I read though that if there is indeed a "Droid Prime" that it would be coming with touchwiz. If that's the case Samsung can keep it!! They suck when it comes to updates.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the Bionic is old news now. Seems like so many phones are right around the corner. I read though that if there is indeed a "Droid Prime" that it would be coming with touchwiz. If that's the case Samsung can keep it!! They suck when it comes to updates.

So you have a Samsung Phone already? If the Droid Prime comes with TWz then its not going to be a Nexus phone.. If it is coming with TWz 4.0 It will a better improvement from the past. Sammy can't be that bad. 5 million+ people will the GSII and alot more getting the us version would agree with me on that...

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
So you have a Samsung Phone already? If the Droid Prime comes with TWz then its not going to be a Nexus phone.. If it is coming with TWz 4.0 It will a better improvement from the past. Sammy can't be that bad. 5 million+ people will the GSII and alot more getting the us version would agree with me on that...

Didn't someone say that the Droid Prime is NOT the next Nexus? I think it was another BGR article. Surprised no one else read it, or everyone is ignoring it.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Didn't someone say that the Droid Prime is NOT the next Nexus? I think it was another BGR article. Surprised no one else read it, or everyone is ignoring it.

Nope. The BGR article referred to the device as the Droid Prime. There's nothing official at this point.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope. The BGR article referred to the device as the Droid Prime. There's nothing official at this point.

Yes, I'm aware of that, I've been preaching that through all these threads on the next Nexus. My point is that now its been suggested more than once that the Prime is not the new Nexus but just another flagahip Android phone, and everyone is ignoring that. The Nexus is highly unlikely to carry the Droid name. For all we know, all the rumors have been started about this phone and not the next Nexus.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm aware of that, I've been preaching that through all these threads on the next Nexus. My point is that now its been suggested more than once that the Prime is not the new Nexus but just another flagahip Android phone, and everyone is ignoring that. The Nexus is highly unlikely to carry the Droid name. For all we know, all the rumors have been started about this phone and not the next Nexus.

I think all of the references though started from the original BGR article. So, it might just be that reference getting propagated now through other articles. Either way, I treat pretty much everything as speculation (as is the nature of this forum). I actually don't care whether it's a "Droid" Prime or "Nexus" Prime. I'm much more interested in the hardward associated with it.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I think all of the references though started from the original BGR article. So, it might just be that reference getting propagated now through other articles. Either way, I treat pretty much everything as speculation (as is the nature of this forum). I actually don't care whether it's a "Droid" Prime or "Nexus" Prime. I'm much more interested in the hardward associated with it.

Again, I agree. I've been saying that all along and have questioned BGR's "reporting." The difference with me is I do care. I want a Nexus, not some bloatware laden Droid

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Again, I agree. I've been saying that all along and have questioned BGR's "reporting." The difference with me is I do care. I want a Nexus, not some bloatware laden Droid

If it comes with the rumored hardware and ICS I will take it and de-bloat it myself. No big deal.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Best reasons to have a nexus:

1. No bloatware
2. If Android updates, you get it first and you get it period.

Nomenclature? Does it really matter?

Reactions: crzycrkr

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I have had enough of these phones with their crap skins. They ruin android more than they help.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
like others have said, and as i have said, i don't really care what they call it. i wouldn't mind it being called the Droid Prime, as that would add some instant marketing to the device. what i do care about is, regardless of the name, that it be a pure Google/vanilla Andy device, or at least an unlocked bootloader.

that being said, i'm a little confused by recent news. the Sammy GT-i9250 and SCH-i515 have both now received BT and wifi certifications (DROID Prime Receives WiFi Certification, Nexus Prime Jumps Into Bluetooth SIG - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog). both of these are thought to be the Prime, but the SCH-i515 being the VZW device, and the GT-i9250 being Vodafone device. my question is: if these are the same devices, but for different markets, why would the Vodafone device need US wifi and BT certification??

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
like others have said, and as i have said, i don't really care what they call it. i wouldn't mind it being called the Droid Prime, as that would add some instant marketing to the device. what i do care about is, regardless of the name, that it be a pure Google/vanilla Andy device, or at least an unlocked bootloader.

that being said, i'm a little confused by recent news. the Sammy GT-i9250 and SCH-i515 have both now received BT and wifi certifications (DROID Prime Receives WiFi Certification, Nexus Prime Jumps Into Bluetooth SIG - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog). both of these are thought to be the Prime, but the SCH-i515 being the VZW device, and the GT-i9250 being Vodafone device. my question is: if these are the same devices, but for different markets, why would the Vodafone device need US wifi and BT certification??

Good question. Maybe it's not the Vodafone version, but the version for the other carriers?

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
yeah, but that doesn't make much sense either. the GS2 was just announced for every carrier other than vzw, and the Sammy Prime would seem to be very similar to the GS2 - why would Sammy release 2 very similar devices right at the same time?? maybe the "hook" is the fact that it's a Nexus, and the GS2 isn't, but that doesn't seem right, either. i'm just not sure how to square the info on these two....

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

I really don't think it will be a pure Google device if it has the Droid branding. But I could be wrong. I also don't see Google allowing a Nexus to be renamed by a carrier, but again could be wrong. I still think the most likely possibility is that the Droid Prime and the next Nexus are 2 completely different phones and the rumors have been getting mixed up between the two because of that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC