The Problem with the Internet

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate even posting the link because it means "they win" but there's a link bait article claiming that Verizon is releasing the GS2 next week. It doesn't even cite a source.

The smartphone which has been circulating in other countries for some time now, is predicted to make a splash in US markets when Verizon finally puts it on the shelves next week.​

USA Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date at Verizon on July 21st | Headline News

This is obviously complete nonsense, but the headline caught my attention. Sometimes I hate the internet.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha ha. Yah, I'm sure it's not true..........but, ya never know! :p

If Samsung were able to release the phone on Verizon next week without anyone leaking it's arrival that would be more impressive than keeping the Manhattan Project a secret.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
That's the date its being released in Canada on Bell. They are making a pretty bold statement but I doubt its true UNLESS Samsung and Verizon are taking a page out of Apples book and have kept this under wraps.

Good thing is we only have to wait a week to find out :)

Sent from my Droid

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
That's the date its being released in Canada on Bell. They are making a pretty bold statement but I doubt its true UNLESS Samsung and Verizon are taking a page out of Apples book and have kept this under wraps.

Good thing is we only have to wait a week to find out :)

Sent from my Droid

I think you are correct, looks like people are confused if Canada is actually part of the US...

Gingerbread-run Samsung Galaxy S2 Coming to U.S. on July 21? - International Business Times

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've read several articles from that site, by that author, regarding the SGS2 over the past month, and I quickly came to the conclusion that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I mean, just two days ago he posted an article titled "Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date Delayed for Negotiations?", then two days later he posts that it will be on Verizon shelves on the 21st. *FACEPALM* He basically takes old news that's been out on the net for awhile and tries to turn it into current news, often butchering the details.

Bottom line ... don't believe anything by that author. And yes, July 21st is when Bell Canada is releasing the SGS2, not Verizon in the US. *sigh*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance