I just found the Function on a mobile speed test site.

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
I was doing a speedtest on my phone (enV Touch), and the first result that came up SHOCKED ME.

The fastest phones on Verizon Wireless

The number one fastest phone on the list is the Samsung Function! And it hasn't been announced yet! I'll be tipping this off to PH in just a moment.

Screenshot:

With speeds like this, how can it not be on LTE?

Also, just browse through the phones that are on there. Just a quick scrolling reveals the Hercules, and a few other jewels.

My original post is over at the Android Forums: General Samsung Function found on Geekaphone Speedtests - Android Forums

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
where do you see the hercules and that? Also you do realize they have the htc trophy as a different phone. Lets hope that this means some more info will leak.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol....FINALLY someone noticed. Its a special 3G radio that enables LTE speeds. Yeah its in beta right now.

Sent from my Droid

What? Are you saying these results are from Verizon's CDMA network? I don't see how that's possible. Then again, I never knew about SVDO till the Thunderbolt came out,

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, Geekaphone (where the screen came from) with some disappointing news:

Geekaphone .@gigotrendz We looked into the Samsung Function, its not real, sorry! It was mostly Motorola Xoom users misidentifying themselves

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What? Are you saying these results are from Verizon's CDMA network? I don't see how that's possible. Then again, I never knew about SVDO till the Thunderbolt came out,
not anymore....they just tweeted this

"We looked into the Samsung Function, its not real, sorry! It was mostly Motorola Xoom users misidentifying themselves"

seems quite a jump from a tablet to a handset and then to a whole other manufacturer. How do you misidentify yourself that bad? Let me run the test.

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
not anymore....they just tweeted this

"We looked into the Samsung Function, its not real, sorry! It was mostly Motorola Xoom users misidentifying themselves"

seems quite a jump from a tablet to a handset and then to a whole other manufacturer. How do you misidentify yourself that bad? Let me run the test.

Shoot.

Some devices do not correctly identify, so you can contact them and state what device you are using.

Dang it internet, why do you taunt me?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ran the test and it didn't identify my phone but when I clicked submit device another page popped up. It said something to the effect that the test thinks I'm using the Motorola Droid (I am). I was on wifi because it couldn't do the upload test and it correctly identified road runner. It also recognized the browser (obviously)

So unless the test mistakes the Xoom for a device that doesn't technically exist yet or users mistaking their Xoom 's for the Samsung Function something is off.

Perhaps some peeps were playing a joke.

Sent from my Droid

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
ran the test and it didn't identify my phone but when i clicked submit device another page popped up. It said something to the effect that the test thinks i'm using the motorola droid (i am). I was on wifi because it couldn't do the upload test and it correctly identified road runner. It also recognized the browser (obviously)

so unless the test mistakes the xoom for a device that doesn't technically exist yet or users mistaking their xoom 's for the samsung function something is off.

Perhaps some peeps were playing a joke.

Sent from my droid

or it's a conspiracy.