I just found the Function on a mobile speed test site.

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Vz navigator probably...but why pay that and other monthly fees when their are free and/or one time pay apps that works just as good.

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Vz navigator probably...but why pay that and other monthly fees when their are free and/or one time pay apps that works just as good.

There aren't any other GPS apps on feature phones. Remember that I have an enV Touch, not a nice Android phones. We have BREW. Old tech that they still have to use for those without Android.

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The wait is absolutely killing me!

Just like the wait of the tbolt.........man im hoping I did not just curse this thing..

"verizon, if you mess this one up it will be two super hyped devices under your flagship that you tanked.... look let samsung do all the work, just put your name on it and package it for us to buy. No need to make any changes to make the device unique....leave it alone, if you really feel the need to put your stamp on it then make the battery cover red or something".

I am expecting the function to not be as thin as the other sgs2 phones because of the lte radio. I am hoping that samsung follow up the charge with another good lte device.

Last edited:

Elite Busido

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You think having the OG Droid for 2 years is bad?

Imagine getting this enV Touch and having the Droid come out less than 2 weeks later. The pain.

zhrba.png

I'm not paying for it, my parents do. Verizon also phased out the early upgrades for new contracts, so that's not an option after this upgrade.

Like I said. Buy it RETAIL. Sell your old phone. That's has ZERO to do with your contract or any upgrades.
And yea I know they got rid of one year upgrades I've done CS for a while, say the upgrade is 250. One year would have probably been at around 320. S2 is 650 retail right. Sell your current phone and pay the difference. Which should be around 1 year pricing If it was still around + no new contract.
Then the next year you'll be up for an upgrade. Sell that phone and use the upgrade. Profit(i think?)

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Like I said. Buy it RETAIL. Sell your old phone. That's has ZERO to do with your contract or any upgrades.
And yea I know they got rid of one year upgrades I've done CS for a while, say the upgrade is 250. One year would have probably been at around 320. S2 is 650 retail right. Sell your current phone and pay the difference. Which should be around 1 year pricing If it was still around + no new contract.
Then the next year you'll be up for an upgrade. Sell that phone and use the upgrade. Profit(i think?)

Also, I can't switch carriers (parents). So I can't buy an S2 retail, or any other GSM phone. I am stuck on Verizon. That's why I'm in the Function forums and not the regular forums! And who in their right mind would buy an enV Touch? Besides, we keep them so that if a phone breaks, we have something we can activate for a replacement. My brother is on his 3rd replacement (don't ask about how he loses and breaks things).

My parents won't buy retail. It just doesn't please them to see that price for a phone; They're used to subsidized contract phones.

Now that we've sufficiently hijacked the thread, how about that Function?

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Aw damn that's right GSM, forgot. Soz. Like I said I was an csr for vzw, don't always know what I'm talkin about :D

I walked into a Verizon reseller in Michigan yesterday and asked if they had the Droid 3 in stock so I could show it to my mom. They told me that it wasn't out yet. I said it came to stores on the 14th, they said no, that was online. To which I said that was the 7th online. They then said that the release date would be the 28th, and I walked out.

eyqLV.png

On a side note, they had a whole room of a strip mall, and only one tiny table in the center with 15 feet of space left and right, then one desk 25 feet back from that. And the table was 25 feet from the door.

And that table had 4 phones, but 6 more empty holders for phones.

In short, I'm not going back.

Elite Busido

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I walked into a Verizon reseller in Michigan yesterday and asked if they had the Droid 3 in stock so I could show it to my mom. They told me that it wasn't out yet. I said it came to stores on the 14th, they said no, that was online. To which I said that was the 7th online. They then said that the release date would be the 28th, and I walked out.

eyqLV.png

On a side note, they had a whole room of a strip mall, and only one tiny table in the center with 15 feet of space left and right, then one desk 25 feet back from that. And the table was 25 feet from the door.

And that table had 4 phones, but 6 more empty holders for phones.

In short, I'm not going back.

Word of advice. Authorized dealers can look like a direct store. I've talked to so many people that got screwed over because of that. Even if it says verizon on the sign and nothing but verizon is inside. They dont have to go by verizons returned policy and what not, you could have been a victim :3

Which is why they said the 28th, that was a indirect store. 2 weeks after official release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance