08-01-2011 11:57 PM
213 ... 23456 ...
tools
    CK, If the rumor is true about Nexus Prime coming to VZW would you still get the S2 or the Nexus?
    Nexus...
    07-26-2011 11:46 AM
    Nexus...
    atta boy! the Prime certainly has jumped to the top of my list...
    07-26-2011 12:28 PM
    Do we really think Vzw will "allow" a nexus device on their network that they can not control?
    07-26-2011 12:30 PM
    Do we really think Vzw will "allow" a nexus device on their network that they can not control?
    I could see it, they do so with iPhone, and they have very limited control over Windows Phone 7 handsets.
    07-26-2011 12:32 PM
    I have not kept up with those rumors. When is that supposed to come out?
    07-26-2011 12:34 PM
    I have not kept up with those rumors. When is that supposed to come out?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...xus-prime.html

07-26-2011 12:41 PM
    Yes, if Google pays them enough. They let the Motorola Droid and Motorola Xoom on their network. Only thing they control on those devices are pricing and contribute to the update process.

Added note: I'd most likely pass on the Nexus Prime if it has a 4.6" display. That's just too much. It better have an HD display if its going to be that big. That would make consider it again.
    07-26-2011 01:03 PM
    Yes, if Google pays them enough. They let the Motorola Droid and Motorola Xoom on their network. Only thing they control on those devices are pricing and contribute to the update process.

Added note: I'd most likely pass on the Nexus Prime if it has a 4.6" display. That's just too much. It better have an HD display if its going to be that big. That would make consider it again.
    it will supposedly have super amoled hd screen. but, don't forget that they are eliminating the soft menu/home/back/search buttons and incorporating them into the screen. so, the space taken up by those buttons can be subsumed into the screen, and the physical dimensions of the device won't change noticeably.
    07-26-2011 01:30 PM
    I am wondering who is the manufacturer for this Nexus? LG is next in line and they are not favorable on my list of good phone manufacturer.
    07-26-2011 01:35 PM
    I am wondering who is the manufacturer for this Nexus? LG is next in line and they are not favorable on my list of good phone manufacturer.
    There is no line. So far every major phone manufacturer has sent in a prototype candidate for the Nexus Prime. LG and Sony Ericcson are at the bottom of the barrel. My guess is Samsung or HTC. Aside from this rumor, last I heard was that the manufacturer still hasn't been picked. Also, each prototype has different specs. Take this with a huge grain of salt for now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    07-26-2011 01:42 PM
    atta boy! the Prime certainly has jumped to the top of my list...
    can't pass up a Nexus device. Plus Samsung is making it. What more could I ask for.

My wait continues. This is becoming the story of my life. I swear Husker I SHOULD be purchasing something this year. All signs point to it....
    07-26-2011 01:54 PM
    Samsung..........

BTW keep an eye on LG. They are going to surprise many.
    07-26-2011 01:55 PM
    Wow, this throws a wrench into everything. I would hate having to wait until October, but this phone basically has everything I love about the S2 and then adds onto it. Only thing I didn't like about the specs is it look likes the cameras, both front and back, took a bit of a hit.

I think a big factor for me might be whether the S2 has LTE or not. I might also just get the S2 and sell it after the prime comes out, but it seems silly to take the financial hit for such a short time.
    07-26-2011 02:10 PM
    Samsung..........

BTW keep an eye on LG. They are going to surprise many.
    Revolution would have been a nice phone had it not been Binged.
    07-26-2011 02:30 PM
    07-26-2011 02:45 PM
    can't pass up a Nexus device. Plus Samsung is making it. What more could I ask for.

My wait continues. This is becoming the story of my life. I swear Husker I SHOULD be purchasing something this year. All signs point to it....
    *knock on wood, for chrissake; knock on wood!!!!!!!! if the Prime doesn't come out this year, it will be because CK jinxed it...

i haven't paid much attention because Nexus devices have never been on VZW - but, i'm assuming that the developer support for Nexus devices is pretty stout???
    07-26-2011 02:50 PM
    Well, that certainly makes the mid-August rumors more feasible.
    07-26-2011 02:51 PM
    They followed up that FB post with the following one a couple minutes ago:

That's why we're pleased to announce 4G LTE Verizon Wireless and Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1!
    Lame. :\
    07-26-2011 03:04 PM
    They followed up that FB post with the following one a couple minutes ago:

Lame. :\
    Lame indeed. Android and me just got a Samsung Galaxy SII box, inside was a small looking glass... Also, it appears AT&T is getting a non-qwerty version as well.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...medium=twitter
    07-26-2011 03:10 PM
    Android and me just got a Samsung Galaxy SII box, inside was a small looking glass...
    Wait, what?
    yankdez likes this.
    07-26-2011 03:31 PM
    Wait, what?
    Keep watch for the next generation Galaxy S | Android and Me

An annoncement must be close. Samsung is building a lot of hype this week and at this point, I'm pretty sure Samsung is behind these leaks. We have had like 4 or 5 'leaks' this past week or so, most of them being today.
    07-26-2011 04:40 PM
    Yup looks like a release is very soon

Sent from my Droid
    07-26-2011 04:48 PM
    *knock on wood, for chrissake; knock on wood!!!!!!!! if the Prime doesn't come out this year, it will be because CK jinxed it...

i haven't paid much attention because Nexus devices have never been on VZW - but, i'm assuming that the developer support for Nexus devices is pretty stout???
    Yes it is not to mention unlocked and always getting the latest updates before everyone else.
    07-26-2011 06:04 PM
    Keep watch for the next generation Galaxy S | Android and Me

An annoncement must be close. Samsung is building a lot of hype this week and at this point, I'm pretty sure Samsung is behind these leaks. We have had like 4 or 5 'leaks' this past week or so, most of them being today.
    That box is kind of crazy. What's the point?
    07-26-2011 06:08 PM
  25. Droid
    This is BS!! Why is VZW dragging their feet. There are more choices on other carriers for phones. It sucks. If there service wasn't so good I would jump ship.

I say asked and answered.
    07-26-2011 06:45 PM
213 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD