LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

Alucardsyco

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Earnings released. LCD and semicon were poor, but mobile division lifted up other divisions' losses due to popularity of GS2.

They also mentioned, in order to compete with iPhone 5, they will release GS2 with LTE around iPhone release.

GS2 release in the US is around iPhone release, and sprint and ATT devices are 4g confirmed (though different from LTE). Hopefully VZW will get LTE!!
Your post had conflicting statements in it, care to fix?

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
i don't see any contradictions. sprints 4g is wimax. att is hspa+ and LTE. verizons is strictly LTE. from what he said about the earnings call and if the sgh-i777 is the att gs2 it doesn't have LTE so that pretty much means that verizon's is more than likely to have LTE

Last edited:

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
i don't see any contradictions. sprints 4g is wimax. att is hspa+ and LTE. verizons is strictly LTE. from what he said about the earnings call and if the sgh-i777 is the att gs2 it doen't have LTE so than that pretty much means that verizon's is more than likely to have LTE

If this is the case, it makes sense for Verizon to release their GSII variant first and with LTE. It's Samsung's biggest contender against the iPhone.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
This confirms that the Verizon variant is going to have LTE. That is what I'm reading, correct? That would also make it appear that they are aiming for a September launch of their LTE enabled GS2.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The fact that it hasn't shown up in the FCC doesn't really mean much. It could mean that they asked the file to be private till a specific date. Really, the fact that we haven't seen it at the FCC kinda makes you wonder that it will have LTE, which could be the reasoning for it being private. Also, rumors point the Bionic to launch early September. So if the Galaxy S II isn't here by the 12th, that means a) it won't have LTE and is coming late August or b) it could launch mid to late September after the Bionic and right before the iPhone 5. Really though August 11th is a solid date to consider when you look at what's coming very soon.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The fact that it hasn't shown up in the FCC doesn't really mean much. It could mean that they asked the file to be private till a specific date. Really, the fact that we haven't seen it at the FCC kinda makes you wonder that it will have LTE, which could be the reasoning for it being private. Also, rumors point the Bionic to launch early September. So if the Galaxy S II isn't here by the 12th, that means a) it won't have LTE and is coming late August or b) it could launch mid to late September after the Bionic and right before the iPhone 5. Really though August 11th is a solid date to consider when you look at what's coming very soon.

Gahh. Damn you apple. I wanted it in early August and now ill likely have to wait. /madface

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, with Moto confirming a September Bionic launch it will be a race to see who's first ... Sammy Gal S2 or the Bionic.

With as close as the launches will be, I'll more than likely defer to the S2.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Earnings released. LCD and semicon were poor, but mobile division lifted up other divisions' losses due to popularity of GS2.

They also mentioned, in order to compete with iPhone 5, they will release GS2 with LTE around iPhone release.

GS2 release in the US is around iPhone release, and sprint and ATT devices are 4g confirmed (though different from LTE). Hopefully VZW will get LTE!!

Okay, trying to decipher this. I know people had said it was contradictory before, so let's try to clear this up:

• Samsung said they were going to release an LTE version of the GS2.
  • We have already seen the Sprint (WiMax) and ATT (GSM) versions of these phones. Neither of which contain LTE.
  • Of those carriers, only ATT would be a realistic consideration to release an LTE GS2, and even then at this point that's a stretch considering their LTE network is essentially non-existant.
  • That means that if they are going to release an LTE version of the GS2 it would have to be on Verizon (or in another country altogether).
  • So therefore, the presumption is that the Verizon GS2 will have LTE

Is that the working logic?

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay, trying to decipher this. I know people had said it was contradictory before, so let's try to clear this up:

• Samsung said they were going to release an LTE version of the GS2.
  • We have already seen the Sprint (WiMax) and ATT (GSM) versions of these phones. Neither of which contain LTE.
  • Of those carriers, only ATT would be a realistic consideration to release an LTE GS2, and even then at this point that's a stretch considering their LTE network is essentially non-existant.
  • That means that if they are going to release an LTE version of the GS2 it would have to be on Verizon (or in another country altogether).
  • So therefore, the presumption is that the Verizon GS2 will have LTE

Is that the working logic?

That's the logic, however, I haven't actually seen where Sanjay says anything about an LTE SGS2. I probably just missed it, though.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
That's the logic, however, I haven't actually seen where Sanjay says anything about an LTE SGS2. I probably just missed it, though.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering too. I think it would have been exploding by now if he did say it. I'm curious if he said "4G" and not LTE. We know they are having a 4G version of the GS2 (WiMax), so that doesn't really say anything about ATT.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Also just because they say they will release an LTE GSII doesn't mean it will be part of an initial launch. Verizon could launch a 3G Fascinate II and then release an LTE one later in the year. As much as I would love a 4G GSII it just seems unlikely given the Droid Charge just came out in May which has the screen of the Galaxy S II but with the internals of the original S.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest issue here is that Sanjay Jha from Motorola claimed the Bionic will be the first dual-core LTE phone and it is coming in September. To me that means either the GSII is hitting in August and will be 3G or it is coming after the Bionic in September and will be LTE. Either way...boo.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the biggest issue here is that Sanjay Jha from Motorola claimed the Bionic will be the first dual-core LTE phone and it is coming in September. To me that means either the GSII is hitting in August and will be 3G or it is coming after the Bionic in September and will be LTE. Either way...boo.

I don't think a Motorola exec would have any inside information about when a Samsung product was coming out...