LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
While perusing the FCC site I found this Sammy phone that received FCC approval today

apparently rumors say that it is going to be a 3D version of the SGSII.. that seems like it would be a bit early for FCC approval of such a device. I really hope its not the Verizon version considering it doesn't have a 4G radio...

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that Samsung submitted all of the variants of the GSII they had to the FCC at once for approval and the FCC is still sorting through everything. I'm no expert on how long it takes to evaluate a device, but its hard deny that we've had a pretty steady stream of FCC approved GSII models in the past week. Hopefully one will sneak through with an LTE radio soon...

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope VZW is above Sprint in that sense and passes over the 3D gimmick. I think we'll see all the FCC filings published in the next few days, it doesn't make sense for Samsung to request one variation to be confidential and others be public.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm in the wrong place, I went to their marketcall earnings pdf and didn't se
Code:
e anything about a sgs2 with LTE. The only thing I read was due to the expanding LTE market, they were working on LTE development.

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well the earnings call isn't launch platform for them, just to give investors a heads up. The PDF is a prepared statement (I'm guessing) which might/is different than what they actually said. Everything here is pretty much speculation/reading between the lines.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm in the wrong place, I went to their marketcall earnings pdf and didn't se
Code:
e anything about a sgs2 with LTE. The only thing I read was due to the expanding LTE market, they were working on LTE development.

Yeah I just went through there earnings report and they only mention LTE three times. The first is where they say

Sales and profitability improved YoY due to demand increase led by expansion of domestic / overseas LTE network and upgrade of domestic 3G network

and the next two are when they say

Developed markets : Expect strong demand for smartphone to continue with new LTE models , etc.
LTE service expansion in US, smartphone line-up enhancement among EU carriers

To me that sounds like they want to move into LTE in the future not that they are already in the LTE market...

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that was a bit unclear. I was referring to just the SGSII with that statement. To be more clear it sounds to me like they expect their demand that was created by the charge to continue with new LTE models. That could mean the SGSII, but for some reason I just have this horrible sinking feeling that it means further down the road. I'm not sure why, but from reading the slides it sounds like he is talking more about models that are still being designed and not models that are about to be released.

Then again though it is pretty much impossible to glean that kind of information from power point slides. Sorry if that was a bit confusing.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well the earnings call isn't launch platform for them, just to give investors a heads up. The PDF is a prepared statement (I'm guessing) which might/is different than what they actually said. Everything here is pretty much speculation/reading between the lines.

I agree, but i understood people as saying that the earnings call said that there was a version of the sgs2 that was LTE.

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I see what you mean. I guess we'll see, right? My phone is just about on its last leg so just some good news would at least put my mind at ease.

I'm not religious but I'm a believer here. If Sprint can have WiMax, we can have LTE. Granted its somewhat more matured technology-wise, but everyone has to start somewhere. So why not start with what is arguably the best phone on the market and make it better?

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
While perusing the FCC site I found this Sammy phone that received FCC approval today

apparently rumors say that it is going to be a 3D version of the SGSII.. that seems like it would be a bit early for FCC approval of such a device. I really hope its not the Verizon version considering it doesn't have a 4G radio...

I did a Google search and came up on many Japanese pages. Most of them did have EDGE/GPRS(850/1900MHz) so if this phone is in this frequency, it would be att wouldn't it?

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sanjay? He's with Motorola, so why would he know about the SGS2?

I still think the at&t version will have HSPA+ but not LTE initially. Because keep in mind how marketing has perverted the terms 4G and LTE.

I think Verizon will get an LTE version AFTER the 3G version has been released. Like the Nexus S 4G.

Why? Because we haven't seen a solid low power LTE chip yet that isn't huge. So why would it debut in a phone that was developed over a year ago ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I did a Google search and came up on many Japanese pages. Most of them did have EDGE/GPRS(850/1900MHz) so if this phone is in this frequency, it would be att wouldn't it?

well the GPRS (850/1900 MHz) range is a GSM band. So that means that it could either be At&t or T-moble. That does help remove any possibilities of it being the Verizon version, which is nice.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
well the GPRS (850/1900 MHz) range is a GSM band. So that means that it could either be At&t or T-moble. That does help remove any possibilities of it being the Verizon version, which is nice.

Well, LOL that was the only thing in english. It might not be the band, but it came up on many of the search results. I shouldn't have really even said anything because it could be taken as gospel.

Last edited:

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I pray to the Android Manufacturing Smartphone Gods that there is a White Galaxy S2 / Function with LTE!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, LOL that was the only thing in english. It might not be the band, but it came up on many of the search results. I shouldn't have really even said anything because it could be taken as gospel.
Quick check of FCC and SG2 for verizon hasn't cleared the fcc officially yet(with or without LTE). In fact the only Samsung with LTE since the charge has been the Samsung Tablet. I bet we don't see Verizon version pass until mid August and released couple weeks after the iphone around the end of Sept.

Moto pushed pack Bionic due to strong droid 3 sales. I expect early Sept for bionic, mid sept iphone, late sept for SG2.

ATT and Sprint will release SG2 end of August.

Release rarely have anything to due with anything other than marketing.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

If you look at the first page of this link, it verifies it is either at&t or Tmobile due to 850/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA (If link doesnt work, go to post 144 and follow girrafe's link then click on RF exposure info 1)
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1511867

Last edited:

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I really hope that the SGSII is not put off until late September. They did say that they would release in August, and this doesn't technically break that promise because they will release some of them in August. I still feel like it would be a very poor decision on their part. People are already jumping ship on the Droid Bionic because of a rumored early September release date. A late September release date puts it way to close to things like the rumored Nexus Prime. All that does is encourage people to wait a couple more months for the prime.