LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

dc1225

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I check in here about every 2 weeks for new release updates...jesus criminity I am getting too old for this...I don't know how you guys do it.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Then again this is google we are talking about they usually are pretty good with dates like that. It's not like the carriers who can be hit or miss with dates(bionic is perfect example)

A rumored date isn't the same as an official one no matter who's making the phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
That's correct, but it was Winston that I was talking about and he works for VZW talking about VZW. He said not to ask because he wouldn't give anymore info than that.

I believe he's saying there will be 4 more Motorola LTE devices. 5 including Bionic. He doesn't work for Verizon, he works for Moto and speaks only about Moto product. He's essentially echoing what Sanjay said.

Sent from my Droid

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe he's saying there will be 4 more Motorola LTE devices. 5 including Bionic. He doesn't work for Verizon, he works for Moto and speaks only about Moto product. He's essentially echoing what Sanjay said.

Sent from my Droid

I thought he worked as an engineer for VZW on the tower side of it. Oops. I retract my previous statements.

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
If it was to come out in August and that's a BIG IF, wouldn't it come out on the the 11th or maybe the 18th because if and when the Bionic arrives on Sept 1st they would start pre-orders for it on Aug 25th, wouldn't Verizon want a two week gap between phones? just pure speculation.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If it was to come out in August and that's a BIG IF, wouldn't it come out on the the 11th or maybe the 18th because if and when the Bionic arrives on Sept 1st they would start pre-orders for it on Aug 25th, wouldn't Verizon want a two week gap between phones? just pure speculation.

Bionic probably won't come until mid September they said September don't get your hopes up for the first. Usually when they just say a month it will be mid-end of month.

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What I don't get about these release dates is how come Verizon doesn't seem to be considering the elephant in the room, the iP5. They have two great devices in the GSII and the Bionic that are seemingly going to be released around the same time frame as the iP5. I really don't understand why they would release all three devices around the same time. If I were verizon I would be spreading these releases out as much as possible in order to maximize profits. The way I see it is either the GSII comes out some time in August or it will be coming out AFTER the Bionic. I honestly don't see why the GSII would go head to head with the iPhone because we all know Verizon's marketing team has the attention span of a goldfish...

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What I don't get about these release dates is how come Verizon doesn't seem to be considering the elephant in the room, the iP5. They have two great devices in the GSII and the Bionic that are seemingly going to be released around the same time frame as the iP5. I really don't understand why they would release all three devices around the same time. If I were verizon I would be spreading these releases out as much as possible in order to maximize profits. The way I see it is either the GSII comes out some time in August or it will be coming out AFTER the Bionic. I honestly don't see why the GSII would go head to head with the iPhone because we all know Verizon's marketing team has the attention span of a goldfish...

Because verizon makes money as long as phones are sold and they will be sold if the iphone sells 10 million and the gs2 sells a million they are still making money. They aren't an oem so they don't have loyalty they know the iphone will sell a ton so that is all they care about.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Because verizon makes money as long as phones are sold and they will be sold if the iphone sells 10 million and the gs2 sells a million they are still making money. They aren't an oem so they don't have loyalty they know the iphone will sell a ton so that is all they care about.

Yeah I agree. What it comes down to is there is there are a total number of phones that Verizon is going to sell in the next quarter say. If that ends up being 10 mil iPhones 5 mil SGSII and 5 mil Bionics they don't care because they sold 20 mil phones. That would be identical to them selling 20 mil iPhones and none of the other two. They make pretty much the same amount of money either way.

It does drastically impact the cell phone manufacturers. What I really don't understand is why Samsung didn't bust their *** to get this phone out way earlier. There is a HUGE fanboy crowd behind the iPhone. It will definitely outsell the SGSII and the Bionic even though it will most likely be a far inferior phone. People will buy it solely because its an iPhone. It kinda makes no sense to me that Samsung didn't put this into overdrive and push really hard to get this out maybe end of July. Then again it's possible that it couldn't be helped.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree. What it comes down to is there is there are a total number of phones that Verizon is going to sell in the next quarter say. If that ends up being 10 mil iPhones 5 mil SGSII and 5 mil Bionics they don't care because they sold 20 mil phones. That would be identical to them selling 20 mil iPhones and none of the other two. They make pretty much the same amount of money either way.

It does drastically impact the cell phone manufacturers. What I really don't understand is why Samsung didn't bust their *** to get this phone out way earlier. There is a HUGE fanboy crowd behind the iPhone. It will definitely outsell the SGSII and the Bionic even though it will most likely be a far inferior phone. People will buy it solely because its an iPhone. It kinda makes no sense to me that Samsung didn't put this into overdrive and push really hard to get this out maybe end of July. Then again it's possible that it couldn't be helped.

Well since verizon is in bed with apple now maybe verizon said they cant release it until a certain date which is why it seems like it is taking so long when other carriers are getting leaks and what not for their version of the sgs2. It wouldn't surprise me and maybe that has something to do with why the bionic isnt launching until sept maybe they are launching the iphone early sept and the bionic late sept. I mean it just seems strange to sit on 3 great phones just because of the iphone. I mean those who want an iphone get an iphone and most android people would not get an iphone so it wouldnt matter if they released the iphone and another android on the same day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon