08-13-2011 04:17 PM
56 123
tools
    The Thunderbolt had 4 radios in it and was 0.56" thick, how in the world do you think that a phone is going to have "11 antenna" in it and be 0.25" thick?

(Yes, I know the TB was party that thick due to the large PCB, but the Charge is 0.46" with less radios)
    Don't know....I have no clue what technology is posssibly out there and I'm sure Samsung is not going to divulge that info/tech to anyone before the handset is released. They did say it's a redesign from the ground up, creating smaller components etc etc. All feasable. It's been in development since last year, I'm sure it can be done.

I can't say the info is accurate, bogus or not possible at this time. Do I think it's possible? Absolutely. Taking the over seas version and improving upon it is a real possibility. It's not like they have not had anytime to do so. I think some people are assuming that there is only one version of the GS2 that will make it's rounds around the world. Knowing Samsung they will hit the US Market with something just as spectacular as the current version. We are basically talking about a thinner phone with a slightly "better" screen (yet to be seen) nothing earth shattering BUTT an improvement. It sounds and looks to be a slightly upgraded GS2 which could in fact go by an entirely different name and still be a part of the Galaxy S series.

I think the description of the phone is done so well that people are not realizing the phone is not that huge of a departure from the original. It's improved, which it should be. People are already saying it can't compete if it's not released soon because of the iPhone dropping around September, well THIS device will compete EASILY against it. Don't think Samsung isn't aware of the iPhone being released on Verizon in the fall. They know what they are up against and they are not trying to take a backseat to Apple.

I fully expect the Function to be a huge surprise. It's just makes sense to me. EVERYONE (manufacturers) is aware of the new iPhone. HTC and LG have got some stuff coming out as well so this is not exclusive to Sammy.

I just think that HTC, Samsung and LG are doing a better job of competing against it. In closing I think this phone is a Galaxy S phone that will surprise many. Possibly a 3D phone or just an upgraded GS2 with an obviously improved screen.

edit: I'm going to say based on this new info a Q3 release won't happen. This looks like a Q4 phone. Just my opinion ofcourse
    07-22-2011 04:35 PM
    You're all wrong. If it's describing a device close to production or even being considered by Verizon, it sounds like the Nexus Prime.

Rubin allegedly loves Samsung and some of the specs don't match up to what we know about the Bionic or the SGS2, both of which have already been seen by people.

If the specs are realistic, seems like Verizon was testing reception of the Nexus Prime, even if spec sheet isn't yet fina.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    07-22-2011 07:12 PM
    You're all wrong. If it's describing a device close to production or even being considered by Verizon, it sounds like the Nexus Prime.

Rubin allegedly loves Samsung and some of the specs don't match up to what we know about the Bionic or the SGS2, both of which have already been seen by people.

If the specs are realistic, seems like Verizon was testing reception of the Nexus Prime, even if spec sheet isn't yet fina.

Really, this seems more plausible. They did say Verizon was looking into the Nexus, maybe they're testing to see how consumers react to these features and if they should carry it or not.
    07-22-2011 07:16 PM
    CK - I agree with a lot of what you said, I do think if they're making revisions you could see a very powerful phone coming out. I really hope that it ends up being 4G. I also hope it comes out soon. I'm just worried about both of those, because I really like this phone. I don't think the new iPhone is as scary to some people as some give it credit for. Then again, it might effect the release date.

That being said, there's still a certain amount of physical limitations. A phone that is 0.25 simply cannot have 11 antenna on it at this point in time. While I agree there are a good amount of innovations (and I believe LTE technology will miniaturize relatively quickly) it's not there yet.
    07-22-2011 08:35 PM
    I hope not. This SGS2 roller coaster ride is making me a little sick....all the loops and turns ...I think I am ready to get off this ride.... but I do not want to wimp out.
    You think this is bad? Try hanging on the Merge roller coaster from October of 2010 til about a month ago.

Let us look at the silver lining. Even if this isn't the S2, at least Verizon seems to be taking steps to get a hold of another uber phone. Most times we would have been reading about this phone in some other carriers documents and we would be complaining about how yet another amazing phone was going elsewhere and we wouldn't see it on Verizon until a year later.
    Yep, the specs look like this'll be a powerful phone, whatever it is.
    07-22-2011 10:04 PM

Its clearly not the Bionic but to say its the Nexus Prime is nothing more than pure speculation. Truth of the matter is it could be any number of handsets at this point and we can't rule out any of them.

We are all trying to put together this puzzle but we are missing several pieces and without them the puzzle will never be complete. I think the best guess right now is that its the 3D based off of both docs/leaks.

Sent from my Droid
    07-22-2011 11:22 PM
    Okay, I just thought I'd take the liberty of breaking down all the feature this mysterious phone (obviously made by Samsung though) has.

1800mAh Battery
    DLNA
    11 antennas
    Dual core clocked at 1.2GHz
    4G with Mobile Hotspot
    Cloud Storage (?)
    Android Market
    8MP camera with HD video recording
    FFC (?)
    Global Support
    127grams light
    Quarter inch thick and rugged
    4.3" Super AMOLED 'Advanced' display
    Black Kevlar detailed with lines of diamond- cut spun chrome

And in software:
    Launch camera directly from lock screen
    'Intelligent customization' - creates shortcuts to certain apps for certain moments (maybe profiles?)

Sounds way beyond the GSII. Even if its not the GSII, I'd be happen to know if it was just real. They can call it whatever they want.
    07-23-2011 12:26 AM
    And in software:
    Launch camera directly from lock screen
    'Intelligent customization' - creates shortcuts to certain apps for certain moments (maybe profiles?)

Sounds way beyond the GSII. Even if its not the GSII, I'd be happen to know if it was just real. They can call it whatever they want.
    Sounds like it could use GPS location to launch the apps when you arrive at a certain place, kinda like
    Tasker but for everyday people. (easier, simplified UI, etc)

That would be a lot cooler than profile support, as that's not new at all.
    07-23-2011 12:52 AM
    What's the point of a focus group for something like this?

"How would you like to have THE BEST PHONE EVER?!?"

"The focus group really responded to that spec sheet, Bob."

Also, couldn't some of these wacky things just be marketing hyperbole? Most of what they say is very similar to the GSII, but a bit inflated. And the copy is pretty amateur.
    Friend-O likes this.
    07-23-2011 02:56 AM
    @ butler360 - You just cracked me up!
    07-23-2011 07:33 AM
    What's the point of a focus group for something like this?

"How would you like to have THE BEST PHONE EVER?!?"

"The focus group really responded to that spec sheet, Bob."

Also, couldn't some of these wacky things just be marketing hyperbole? Most of what they say is very similar to the GSII, but a bit inflated. And the copy is pretty amateur.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I laugh out loud but I agree. I was saying in another thread that I was part of a focus group for a friend. The product did in fact exist and they asked us how we would describe it if we were trying to market it. They also had copy similiar to this but obviously geared toward that product and asked us line by line to check off agree,strongly agree, disagree or strongly disagree in reference to the accuracy of the description.

One line item mentioned an ingredient and its chemical make up and we were all like "huh?"

It was an entirely different product but non the less I think the purpose of these things is the same. To see how a consumer reacts to your product and its marketing material as a whole. 11 radios and its thickness may not even be accurate but the consumer may not even bat an eyelash over that and just say "yeah I agree with that. Its really thin and the reception is awesome I couldn't kill off the signal and the call quality sounded perfect"

I think the product exists its just a question of what is it.

Sent from my Droid
    07-23-2011 09:20 AM
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I laugh out loud but I agree. I was saying in another thread that I was part of a focus group for a friend. The product did in fact exist and they asked us how we would describe it if we were trying to market it. They also had copy similiar to this but obviously geared toward that product and asked us line by line to check off agree,strongly agree, disagree or strongly disagree in reference to the accuracy of the description.

One line item mentioned an ingredient and its chemical make up and we were all like "huh?"

It was an entirely different product but non the less I think the purpose of these things is the same. To see how a consumer reacts to your product and its marketing material as a whole. 11 radios and its thickness may not even be accurate but the consumer may not even bat an eyelash over that and just say "yeah I agree with that. Its really thin and the reception is awesome I couldn't kill off the signal and the call quality sounded perfect"

I think the product exists its just a question of what is it.

Sent from my Droid
    First CK congrats on .

Here is my feeling.... dont get all hyped up. Set money aside incase but I would not go around and post that on other blogs and forums as gospel. Does it seem to good to be true, yes but at one time so was flying. I hope it does turn out that way or atleast close to it, because that mean vzw does care about other devices other than the fruit. Because the first wave of lte phones were, eh. The fact that the charge will be the best lte device when people were complaining about it be overpriced sort of shows where we are at here. The tbolt did not turn out like we thought because of software issues and the amount of people who were big on the tbolt now turning on htc is increasing by the day with each poor update.
    07-23-2011 10:05 AM
    First CK congrats on ****....

Here is my feeling.... dont get all hyped up. Set money aside incase but I would not go around and post that on other blogs and forums as gospel. Does it seem to good to be true, yes but at one time so was flying. I hope it does turn out that way or atleast close to it, because that mean vzw does care about other devices other than the fruit. Because the first wave of lte phones were, eh. The fact that the charge will be the best lte device when people were complaining about it be overpriced sort of shows where we are at here. The tbolt did not turn out like we thought because of software issues and the amount of people who were big on the tbolt now turning on htc is increasing by the day with each poor update.
    Charles I've been around too long to take anything as Gospel

These are simply my thoughts based on what limited info we have. Like I was saying until we get more info all we can do is do our best to try and put everything together and even then it doesn't mean anything.

I do think Samsung has something up their sleeve for a US release and I'm leaning towards an "improved" Galaxy S II of some sort. Who knows though just a thought.

Sent from my Droid
    07-23-2011 11:30 AM
    This dream phone sounds lik the GS2 and the Evo 3D and the Bionic all created into one super hot phone
    SGS2+Evo 3D+Droid Bionic= Apocalypse
    Friend-O likes this.
    07-23-2011 12:51 PM
    This dream phone sounds like the GS2 and the Evo 3D created into one super hot phone
    SGS2+Evo 3D= Apocalypse
    fixed that for you
    07-23-2011 01:02 PM
    Why did you take the bionic out?
    07-23-2011 02:02 PM
    Because CK hates LTE. :P
    07-23-2011 02:47 PM
    Didn't quite fit the analogy properly

Sent from my Droid
    07-23-2011 03:41 PM
    It wasnt an anology and I post what I want
    07-23-2011 09:04 PM
    It wasnt an anology and I post what I want
    My bad I thought the mash up of 3 phones equaling the apocalypse was an analogy.

And now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Sent from my Droid
    07-23-2011 09:27 PM
    Lol CK is odd but itssome of a good odd
    07-23-2011 10:28 PM
    I resemble that backhanded compliment you junkie

Sent from my Droid
    07-23-2011 11:00 PM
    So could the documents been referring to the Nexus Prime?
    07-26-2011 04:43 PM
    So could the documents been referring to the Nexus Prime?
    Very possible. I think it just may to be quite honest.

Sent from my Droid
    07-26-2011 04:49 PM
    Very possible. I think it just may to be quite honest.

Sent from my Droid
    I agree since I would think google would try to make one device that could work on all of the carriers hence the 11 bands they talk about. And since sprint and at&t are going to be rolling out their own lte networks it would cover all of those+ verizon and whatever else bands they need to put in it. I just hope verizon actually gets a nexus I think if they do it will sell more than any phone they have ever had.
    07-26-2011 06:07 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD