VZW GS2 the Thinnest 4G Smartphone? Sounds Like It!

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Definitely sounds like the GS2 over a Bionic, that's for sure. Sounds pretty nice, especially if it has LTE. Lingering concern is the VZW release date.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE for this to come out in, say, August, but I really don't have my hopes up for a release until the holiday season. I don't know why, but I just have a feeling. When the Bionic hits in August, I am giving my Charge back to Costco. Who know? I could just sell the Bionic for the GSII if it really is LTE and all that jazz.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a gs3 more than a gs2. Maybe VZW is testing the waters to see if that's what people would want giving Sammy time to produce one if it did wellin the focus group. 30% more pixels kevlar frame and lte packed in with smaller chips artificial intelligence and smaller frame all sounds next gen to me.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a gs3 more than a gs2. Maybe VZW is testing the waters to see if that's what people would want giving Sammy time to produce one if it did wellin the focus group. 30% more pixels kevlar frame and lte packed in with smaller chips artificial intelligence and smaller frame all sounds next gen to me.

Yeah I highly doubt those are the specs for the GS2. If they are, we aren't seeing it until next year.

I think it's more likely that it's either an SGS3, a Nexus device, or some other Samsung variant.

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
It didn't mention android in those documents. Just saying maybe those rumors of wp7 are true? Lets hope not.

I hope not. This SGS2 roller coaster ride is making me a little sick....all the loops and turns ...I think I am ready to get off this ride.... but I do not want to wimp out.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's sounds all amazing, but ismit even possible? The documents indicates it's 4G and you can take it around the world, which gives me the impression it's global and all that in a quarter inch design? That's crazy, the technology isn't fully there. I mean, they might be able to pull it off, but I would not be cheap, at all. This seems too far fetched. But if Verizon wants to prove me wrong, go right ahead. :)

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
If all this is true this phone would be a MONSTER.

But I'm now beginning to think that this isn't describing a particular phone that is built yet. Too much there which is above current tech (LTE + 1/4 inch thickness??). At this point I think not expecting all of this will prevent a big let down.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I will also say this, if this is the S2 then Moto better pray that no announcements are made soon announcing a late August launch before the Bionic is released. Sounds like a sales killer for them.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Guys. Seriously. I hate to burst your bubble, but there's no way this is the S2 unless it's delayed until technology that doesn't exist yet is developed. Line up all the specs. It's not a phone that's even on the horizon for this year.

My god I wish this was a phone coming out soon, but it's not. Not a chance.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Guys. Seriously. I hate to burst your bubble, but there's no way this is the S2 unless it's delayed until technology that doesn't exist yet is developed. Line up all the specs. It's not a phone that's even on the horizon for this year.

My god I wish this was a phone coming out soon, but it's not. Not a chance.

Start clapping your hands and say "I do believe this is the S2! I do! I do!". :D

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
it also says it has 11 bands. I just think with everything they are saying they are just seeing what people want I think the tech just isnt there yet and maybe this is what would be the gs3 from samsung or new nexus? Even that seems like a long shot if the new nexus is coming out in november just seems like that is too much in one package for such a new tech(LTE)