VZW GS2 the Thinnest 4G Smartphone? Sounds Like It!

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Very possible. I think it just may to be quite honest.

Sent from my Droid

I agree since I would think google would try to make one device that could work on all of the carriers hence the 11 bands they talk about. And since sprint and at&t are going to be rolling out their own lte networks it would cover all of those+ verizon and whatever else bands they need to put in it. I just hope verizon actually gets a nexus I think if they do it will sell more than any phone they have ever had.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There is a prototype of the Sammy out there. Actually there were a few, and it looks like the focus group handled the Samsung (obviously)

Android and Me reported these prototypes and we now know (if it's true) which one got picked asthe next Nexus.

•Samsung with dual-core 1.5 GHz OMAP4460
•HTC with dual-core 1.8 GHz Krait Snapdragon MSM8960
•A “rather svelte” device from a “really big surprise” featuring an Intel CPU
•Sony Ericsson with dual-core 1.2 GHz Scorpion Snapdragon MSM8x60
•LG with dual-core 1.5 GHz OMAP4460

Source:AndroidandMe

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
There is a prototype of the Sammy out there. Actually there were a few, and it looks like the focus group handled the Samsung (obviously)

Android and Me reported these prototypes and we now know (if it's true) which one got picked asthe next Nexus.

?Samsung with dual-core 1.5 GHz OMAP4460
?HTC with dual-core 1.8 GHz Krait Snapdragon MSM8960
?A ?rather svelte? device from a ?really big surprise? featuring an Intel CPU
?Sony Ericsson with dual-core 1.2 GHz Scorpion Snapdragon MSM8x60
?LG with dual-core 1.5 GHz OMAP4460

Source:AndroidandMe

Lets hope some more info is leaked on which they decide to choose. I think all of them(minus HTC because of battery life) would be great for the nexus. I mean they all make good hardware and no worrying about updates since they will come straight from google. I think google is going to try and make this phone a game changer in the same way the original nexus was just with better specs than everything else out.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The way it sounds right now, the Samsung device has been chosen. Still early though so things could change I guess.

I would think if it is indeed coming out in oct or even nov they would have chosen one by now so that they can begin testing and then manufacturing the phones in time for a release.

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
broke my phone and have been living
3 months without any fone and still waiting for it

first i wanted droid x2... den i heard of SGS2...
and den saw the rumoured specs of bionic....

now its nearing and august is also ending and having thoughts for iP5 ....

argh i hate this delays.....