08-13-2011 04:17 PM
56 123
tools
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...confirmed.html

I'm getting soooooo excited! Bye, bye Bionic! Hellooooo GS2!

Discuss!
    EggoEspada likes this.
    07-22-2011 08:05 AM
    My main concern is still release date. I can't hold out much longer.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    07-22-2011 08:22 AM
    Definitely sounds like the GS2 over a Bionic, that's for sure. Sounds pretty nice, especially if it has LTE. Lingering concern is the VZW release date.
    07-22-2011 08:24 AM
    I don't know. Sounds too good to be true.
    07-22-2011 08:57 AM
    Fingers crossed!
    07-22-2011 09:40 AM
    I would LOVE for this to come out in, say, August, but I really don't have my hopes up for a release until the holiday season. I don't know why, but I just have a feeling. When the Bionic hits in August, I am giving my Charge back to Costco. Who know? I could just sell the Bionic for the GSII if it really is LTE and all that jazz.
    07-22-2011 10:04 AM
    Sounds like a gs3 more than a gs2. Maybe VZW is testing the waters to see if that's what people would want giving Sammy time to produce one if it did wellin the focus group. 30% more pixels kevlar frame and lte packed in with smaller chips artificial intelligence and smaller frame all sounds next gen to me.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    07-22-2011 10:16 AM
    Sounds like a gs3 more than a gs2. Maybe VZW is testing the waters to see if that's what people would want giving Sammy time to produce one if it did wellin the focus group. 30% more pixels kevlar frame and lte packed in with smaller chips artificial intelligence and smaller frame all sounds next gen to me.
    Yeah I highly doubt those are the specs for the GS2. If they are, we aren't seeing it until next year.

I think it's more likely that it's either an SGS3, a Nexus device, or some other Samsung variant.
    07-22-2011 11:04 AM
    All over this one friend o....its a no brainer. Best android phone on the planet

Sent from my Droid
    Friend-O likes this.
    07-22-2011 11:17 AM
    All over this one friend o....its a no brainer. Best android phone on the planet

Sent from my Droid
    It didn't mention android in those documents. Just saying maybe those rumors of wp7 are true? Lets hope not.
    07-22-2011 11:35 AM
    It didn't mention android in those documents. Just saying maybe those rumors of wp7 are true? Lets hope not.
    I hope not. This SGS2 roller coaster ride is making me a little sick....all the loops and turns ...I think I am ready to get off this ride.... but I do not want to wimp out.
    07-22-2011 11:41 AM
    It's sounds all amazing, but ismit even possible? The documents indicates it's 4G and you can take it around the world, which gives me the impression it's global and all that in a quarter inch design? That's crazy, the technology isn't fully there. I mean, they might be able to pull it off, but I would not be cheap, at all. This seems too far fetched. But if Verizon wants to prove me wrong, go right ahead.
    07-22-2011 11:59 AM
    250 thousand Apps is a dead giveaway for android.
    Friend-O likes this.
    07-22-2011 12:13 PM
    If all this is true this phone would be a MONSTER.

But I'm now beginning to think that this isn't describing a particular phone that is built yet. Too much there which is above current tech (LTE + 1/4 inch thickness??). At this point I think not expecting all of this will prevent a big let down.
    07-22-2011 12:31 PM
    If this isn't the S2 and is a phone in the works...then I think I know which phone I will be selling my S2 to get
    07-22-2011 12:40 PM
    I will also say this, if this is the S2 then Moto better pray that no announcements are made soon announcing a late August launch before the Bionic is released. Sounds like a sales killer for them.
    Friend-O likes this.
    07-22-2011 12:44 PM
    Guys. Seriously. I hate to burst your bubble, but there's no way this is the S2 unless it's delayed until technology that doesn't exist yet is developed. Line up all the specs. It's not a phone that's even on the horizon for this year.

My god I wish this was a phone coming out soon, but it's not. Not a chance.
    ninjataint likes this.
    07-22-2011 01:15 PM
    Guys. Seriously. I hate to burst your bubble, but there's no way this is the S2 unless it's delayed until technology that doesn't exist yet is developed. Line up all the specs. It's not a phone that's even on the horizon for this year.

Start clapping your hands and say "I do believe this is the S2! I do! I do!".
    07-22-2011 01:25 PM
    it also says it has 11 bands. I just think with everything they are saying they are just seeing what people want I think the tech just isnt there yet and maybe this is what would be the gs3 from samsung or new nexus? Even that seems like a long shot if the new nexus is coming out in november just seems like that is too much in one package for such a new tech(LTE)
    07-22-2011 01:37 PM
    Start clapping your hands and say "I do believe this is the S2! I do! I do!".
    Right?

Don't get me wrong. I want more than anything for this to be the SGS2, and for it to launch next Tuesday. It's just not true.
    07-22-2011 01:50 PM
    Right?

Don't get me wrong. I want more than anything for this to be the SGS2, and for it to launch next Tuesday. It's just not true.
    07-22-2011 02:05 PM

it also says it has 11 bands. I just think with everything they are saying they are just seeing what people want I think the tech just isnt there yet and maybe this is what would be the gs3 from samsung or new nexus? Even that seems like a long shot if the new nexus is coming out in november just seems like that is too much in one package for such a new tech(LTE)
    *hands over ears* La la la la la la la la la la la la!!!!
    07-22-2011 02:05 PM

Can somebody post up a good eye roll pic for me lol.

Sent from my Droid
    07-22-2011 02:59 PM
    Let us look at the silver lining. Even if this isn't the S2, at least Verizon seems to be taking steps to get a hold of another uber phone. Most times we would have been reading about this phone in some other carriers documents and we would be complaining about how yet another amazing phone was going elsewhere and we wouldn't see it on Verizon until a year later.
    rickhamilton620 and f150fan like this.
    07-22-2011 03:34 PM
    Can somebody post up a good eye roll pic for me lol.
    The Thunderbolt had 4 radios in it and was 0.56" thick, how in the world do you think that a phone is going to have "11 antenna" in it and be 0.25" thick?

(Yes, I know the TB was party that thick due to the large PCB, but the Charge is 0.46" with less radios)
    07-22-2011 03:44 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD