Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to recall but I think he was reffering to the model number 19250 wasn't the prime, that model is nonexistent, that the model number was i9250

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I disagree, I think sprint will be a launch partner with the Third Nexus. I can't see them pushing the phone back til '12 for dual band lte/wimax.

Miss understood/type my post. If Sprint were to hold off on the NexP then the only reason would be to introduce it with something that would be the first in the market with. The way they were first with 4G. I don't think they will wait till next year to release this beast, I hope not.. Sorry for the confusion.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Miss understood/type my post. If Sprint were to hold off on the NexP then the only reason would be to introduce it with something that would be the first in the market with. The way they were first with 4G. I don't think they will wait till next year to release this beast, I hope not.. Sorry for the confusion.
Ohh I see what you mean.

Sprint hasn't publicly said they were going to switch to LTE, have they?
I think this article was the only official thing that sprint's said. Sprint's Dan Hesse: significant 4G plans to be announced this fall -- Engadget
I think next years nexus will be LTE, along side next years iPhone (at least for sprint)

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
On a side note regarding the screen. Is anyone else concerned about the pentile screen door effect? (think photon) I hope the prime doesnt have that, that would be a dealbreaker for me if it did.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
On a side note regarding the screen. Is anyone else concerned about the pentile screen door effect? (think photon) I hope the prime doesnt have that, that would be a dealbreaker for me if it did.

is it really that bad?
its doesnt look to be that bad as a deal breaker like lets say a thunderbolt is with its horrible hardware issues?

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
is it really that bad?
its doesnt look to be that bad as a deal breaker like lets say a thunderbolt is with its horrible hardware issues?

This. People have reported great battery life gains on Droid 3 due to the Pentile display. I guess its more of a personal preference thing. I'm on the fence personally, I'll make up my mind when I see it in person. :)

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Based on what i have read it wouldn't be that bad , not even noticeable unless your really looking for it. I have had no issues looking at my Epic and this screen is going to be bigger and better so i can't see myself having issues with it.

From what i have read , I think Sprint/or some other company already has the chipset to deploy Wimax+lte together. If this part is true then all they will need is to flip the switch and poofff double 4G lol.
From what ClearWire said, was that in order to upgrade to a higher, faster WiMAx it was just a matter of software.Some people will say not true and it maybe but i know what i read and i have posted it before in one the Sprint forum threads i believe.

So maybe it will ship with all these goodies and then next year be activated. Shoot i would love it if my GSII comes like that. it would be a good phone for two years. (for my wife ) lol . I love being a primer customer...

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that the higher ppi will mean you wont be able to notice the pentile screen, if it does use the Super AMOLED HD screen

Yea thats why I'm not worrying about the pentile arrangement. The higher the pixel density, the less of a chance of anyone even noticing the pentile.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I think that the higher ppi will mean you wont be able to notice the pentile screen, if it does use the Super AMOLED HD screen
As far as I know both the original Super Amoled and the display motorola uses on the photon are both pentile, correct me if I'm wrong. However the motorola screen has that screen door effect even though it has a higher ppi than the original Super Amoled display. (960x540 on a 4.3 inch screen and 800x480 on a 4" screen). I'm less concerned because it's Samsung, probably the best screen maker in the market right now but I'm still concerned.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
BGR has exclusively learned from a close source of ours that Verizon Wireless has passed on offering the Samsung GALAXY S II in favor of something even better. We reported last week that Verizon isn’t going to sell the GALAXY S II, and we have now been told why. Apparently, “Verizon doesn’t think the Samsung GALAXY S II will be competitive with the iPhone 5 when it launches.” Instead, not only is Verizon launching the Samsung DROID Prime, a device that is sure to be the new flagship Android phone ahead of the holidays, but the company will have the handset as an exclusive. The DROID Prime is expected to be the first smartphone to launch with Android 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich,” and we have been told the model number is SCH-i515. According to our source, the phone should launch sometime in October. Verizon Wireless did not immediately respond to a request for comment..
Link:http://www.bgr.com/2011/08/29/verizon-wireless-exclusively-launching-samsung-droid-prime-in-october/

Reactions: drbugsmn

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea.. If you have the GS1 you know how good there screens are. I mean unless your sitting there with the screen really close looking for defects or poor picture quality ... everyone that looks at my phone says how good the screen looks and my brother who has the stupid Iphone says it looks good.

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If BGR is right I just made a fool out of myself. Still hoping for a simultaneous launch fro the Prime.

If by simultaneous you mean other carrier launches (named something else besides Droid) I PRAY you're right. I'm going to AT&T and don't want another skinned device. If AT&T doesn't get a variant of this Prime device...I may have no choice but to look at the damn iPhone (something I will avoid unless I absolutely have to).

rightontime

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
If by simultaneous you mean other carrier launches (named something else besides Droid) I PRAY you're right. I'm going to AT&T and don't want another skinned device. If AT&T doesn't get a variant of this Prime device...I may have no choice but to look at the damn iPhone (something I will avoid unless I absolutely have to).

Yeah hoping it will launch on all 4 carriers at the same time. Hoping T-Mobile gets it and none of this timed exclusive bull****

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

just curios (1) why if you are on Sprint would you go to AT&T (b) if you need to get a new phone would it be an IPhone? (3c) Sprint is unofficially confirmed to be getting the Iphone , so if you wanted it you don't need to leave Sprint...

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
After all this I am totally confused. It is pretty much confirmed that Verizon is releasing a new flagship device named the "Droid-Prime", and will come with Android 4.0 "Ice Cream"

But since this does not have the key word "Nexus" in the name, will it still be an untouched pure Android experience with zero bloatware, etc... ?

And then what about us on T-Mobile, the original "nexus" carrier, I would expect a new nexus this December like T-Mo has been releasing all the way back since 2009. Is T-Mobile getting the Nexus-Three or Nexus-S II this Fall ? T-Mobile deserves the first crack at a new Nexus device, they have been releasing that brand since they started, if T-Mo gets the shaft over Verizon, that would be like ATT not getting the iPhone5 this Fall. this Fall ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12