Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just fainted. The Nexus Prime on Verizon would make my year.

I'd venture to guess that spec wise it should have at least a dual core processor and 1 gig of RAM. I would not care if it were LTE or not.

droid1294

May 19, 2011
Visit site

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Awesome. Now if I can only wait long enough. I'll also have to see in person how big it is, that worries me. My DX is about perfect in regards to physical size, so I'll just have to see.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the whole Android world. Will this phone be a stripped version of Android like the Nexus S? Or will it have a UI like HTC Sense, Motoblur, etc..... ?

It's a Nexus phone, so like the Nexus One and S before it it will have pure 10% vanilla Android. No Sense, no Blur, and No Touchwiz.

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance...

The Nexus S just went on sale at Best Buy for AT&T customers, yet there is another (and improved) Nexus due out in about 3 months? Interesting timing...

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. Now if I can only wait long enough. I'll also have to see in person how big it is, that worries me. My DX is about perfect in regards to physical size, so I'll just have to see.

my guess is that since they are eliminating the hard menu/home/back/search buttons, and incorporating them into the screen, they can add more screen size without noticeably changing the physical dimensions of the device.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Duh! lol. Im soo dumb thanx!

Man this phone is going to make me leave Sprint if it doesn't come. I've been with sprint for soo long but a 4.6 inch LTE(probably) no 4g in the detroit metro area from sprint, Ice cream, super amolead(sp) is going to be the best phone known to man. I have the galaxy tab and I can't imagine all that goodness on a phone.

Clear has a tower in Sterling Hgts and Detroit(supposedly, I can't seem to connect when I go down there) but I have had 4G service around Lakeside Mall.....but u have to be outside in wide open space......it sucks, I know......:/

ahhhhhh.......going todash.........

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Awesome its coming to Verizon, but 4.6" is too much. These companies are going too far. 4.3" os as far as I'm willing to go. We're starting to enter tablet territory.

kmbauer

Aug 19, 2010
www.kmbauer.com
But what if they can fit it in the same body of the current 4.3" devices by eliminating the physical buttons and most of the bezel?

I would not be stoked if this comes to Verizon only. It is the only carrier where I get 0 coverage in my office. Hope to see a AT&T or T-Mobile version.

Awesome its coming to Verizon, but 4.6" is too much. These companies are going too far. 4.3" os as far as I'm willing to go. We're starting to enter tablet territory.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
While I'm all for VZW getting a Nexus device (ANY Nexus device), I have to see the specs on this thing. Will it be on LTE? Dual Core? How much RAM? Storage space?

Is it SAMOLED+? QHD?

Will it do my laundry and cook my dinner?

These are the important questions.

There have been various leaks of the Nexus 3/Prime. Some imply an HTC device. Others a Sammy. Still others an Intel-based (!!) phone. Google isn't going out of their way to find a manufacturer to deliver to them the best Nexus anymore - they are taking submission devices and figuring out which ones they like better and helping the chosen manufacturer deliver a better product for Google's needs.

Long story short - all of the leaks are true, but of different devices. The one that actually becomes the Nexus 3/Prime according to this thread is the Samsung, so that means (according to BGR and other leaks):

Android 4.0, a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich
1.5GHz Dual-core TI OMAP4460
Super AMOLED HD (720p 4.5"+)
4G LTE
No soft buttons
Google's first Ice Cream Sandwich phone to be manufactured by Samsung, possibly dubbed 'Nexus Prime'

This is all subject to change as well due to tweaks and component switches and such, but there is only one Samsung device in the (front)running for which mobile gets to be the third Nexus.

As far as a screen over 4.3" being too much, consider this: a 4.3" screen today comes with another 0.5" of soft buttons on the bottom. We need those soft buttons to use Android 2.3 and earlier. Those soft buttons get replaced with virtual buttons in Honeycomb and later. Thus, although the screen may be 4.5" or higher, the actual viewing space we have will still be similar to 4.3" - the extra 0.2" to 0.3" will be specifically for the Honeycomb-style soft buttons that will be available at all times.