Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeppers. Personally Id love to have it on AT&T. Id give up my infuse for in lol

I hope they release it on all carriers I think that would be the smartest thing to do. I mean if verizon will get an iphone and not be able to mess with it I think Google can get a nexus on verizon. And yes the iphone is a big seller but people buy phones on specs most of the time and what looks the best and I think if rumors are true about the next nexus it would get alot of attention when people walked into a verizon store and saw that leading to more sales from the general public.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I see people say this a lot, but my Samsung hasn't got even a little nick or scratch on it. Their actual hardware is as good as any OEM on the market. The original galaxy S line was top tier spec wise when it was launched, and the SGS 2 is filling those shoes again. So exactly how do they make 'cheappy hardware'?
I would say it's based mostly on your standards. To me the only thing quality wise I've seen so far it's the Galaxy Tab.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I disagree... HTC may make better build-quality (unibody designs, soft touch paint, not alot of plastic, etc.) on some phones than Samsung, but Sammy's internals are the best... just look at their Exynos processor (same clock speed as Qualcomm, but actually runs faster and better)
Build quality is what I'm talking about Samsung phones feel flimsy,people aren't saying it for no reason.

xsfspd

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Build quality is what I'm talking about Samsung phones feel flimsy,people aren't saying it for no reason.

Agreed! I skipped the Charge for my Bolt on build quality alone. I like Moto as well for the hardware feel and being sturdy. Hope the Prime is a solid piece unlike the cheap flimsy feeling Charge.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

And some disagree. Just because its light and made out of plastic doesn't not mean it feels flimsy to everyone. My HTC EVO felt a lot more flimsy with its cracked plastic, seperated screen, and paper thin battery door. The Nexus is a tank compared to the EVO.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Flimsy? I highly doubt you've ever used a recent Samsung Android device on that word alone.

Yeah, as I've said before, people pick them up and feel how light they are and somehow that turns into flimsy. Somehow they also equate HTC to quality eveb though the EVO had major hardware issues. I loves my EVO, but it was flimsy and fragile as hell

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, as I've said before, people pick them up and feel how light they are and somehow that turns into flimsy. Somehow they also equate HTC to quality eveb though the EVO had major hardware issues. I loves my EVO, but it was flimsy and fragile as hell
Yeah although I mostly like my EVO, I was quite turned off in regards to the build quality. I dealt with the light leakage issue, but after my charging port stopped working after 3 months, I was beyond pissed. Now I'm willing to give any other manufacturer a shot.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Yeah its funny because HTC has more issues with build quality than any other OEM I mean look at all those whose EVO screen's came apart and issues with the thunderbolt which had similar issues. I don't think because samsung uses plastic it has bad build quality I have used multiple samsung and htc and samsung has the better longevity build quality wise atleast with what I had.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
HTC's phones look and feel nice. My sis Inspire feels heavy and solid(at first) then after awhile i felt i couldn't hold it for to long or my wrist started hurting. Now this happens with my Epic too just after awhile of sitting. My wife's Evo is new so they fixed all those screen issues but still feels heavy. Sammy may not make the prettiest cases and I think that's what people are confusing with build Quality. IMO... There phones are powerful fast and solid. That's what I want out a phone.... Anything else is a perk but not necessary....

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
my main concern, is that if it's on verizon, that they will try to pull some tricks to get them to load the typical VZW Bloatware and try to get them to lock the bootloader (good luck with that, verizon)

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I love Samsung making the plastic phones. Im sorry but i prefer light phones.

yes but out of the box they feel like a cheap kids toy from wall mart. maybe i don't like holding devices that i feel like i am going to drop if i get sweaty palms, yeah, i know you can buy a rubber phone cover, but, my point still stands, ya know? most HTC phones have rubber or rubberized plastic on the back of them, the dinc did, and i know the dinc 2 has a rubber coating on the back of it.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
yes but out of the box they feel like a cheap kids toy from wall mart.

Lol, yeah kids toys that consistantly hold up better and are faster than HTC phones and their almighty build quality. Can someone please explain to me the difference between Samsung plastic ans HTC plastic? Maybe give me a logical reason why one is considered cheap and the other not? No one that is spoutng this nonsense has an explanation why. Only, "oh, well they just feel cheap." Lmao

Sent from my Transformer

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
yes but out of the box they feel like a cheap kids toy from wall mart. maybe i don't like holding devices that i feel like i am going to drop if i get sweaty palms, yeah, i know you can buy a rubber phone cover, but, my point still stands, ya know? most HTC phones have rubber or rubberized plastic on the back of them, the dinc did, and i know the dinc 2 has a rubber coating on the back of it.

Okay, at least you elaborated more. You must have added it in as I was typing my last response. Okay, so you like soft touch plastic. I wouldn't mind that on the back of Samsung either, but its not a deal breaker for me. All I know is that the plastic on the EVO rivaled the Palm Pre in cappiness, so I'll give Samsung a shot. I didn't care for the plastic at first either, but I've come to appreciate the sleekness of their phones and how sturdy they are made

Sent from my Transformer

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
And some disagree. Just because its light and made out of plastic doesn't not mean it feels flimsy to everyone. My HTC EVO felt a lot more flimsy with its cracked plastic, seperated screen, and paper thin battery door. The Nexus is a tank compared to the EVO.
The Nexus 1 is a tank compared to your Nexus.

Aegis

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
my main concern, is that if it's on verizon, that they will try to pull some tricks to get them to load the typical VZW Bloatware and try to get them to lock the bootloader (good luck with that, verizon)

I can understand the bloatware comments, but where has there been an instance where Verizon has made it known that they want locked boot loaders? Isn't that up to the phone manufacturer?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams