Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

jeremyashburn

Aug 18, 2011
www.senukeunderground.com

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know anything about this 4chan guy? The guys at Droid Life are questioning the source. Who knows anything about the source?

4Chan allows anonymous posting of information. Basically, anyone can post anything about anything. Highly unreliable source but as I mentioned in another post, I will take any information I can get on this device.

tipslon

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
not saying a whole lot, but at the very least, it was posted on /g/ and not /b/ so it could have been a lot less reliable.......

edit: had to re-write to not offend /b/'s legion

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I call bull. One report they are saying it's running gingerbread because ICS isn't available yet. Now all of a sudden it was running ICS? Also like they mentioned ICS is Gingerbread 2.3 plus Honeycomb 3.0 so how can the number be 2.4? Also why would Verizon want the Samsung chip VS the TI chip? I think now they are just making this crap up either web hits, or for some idiot to be able to brag about his made up info, on made up specs made the web news. Also, why the hell would a Samsung employee sit down with some random guy to talk about this phone? Why??? For what purpose? I call bull! Not going to lie the "specs" of the "SGSIII" sounds amazing more reason it's probably more bull!!

Last edited:

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I call bull. One report they are saying it's running gingerbread because ICS isn't available yet. Now all of a sudden it was running ICS? Also like they mentioned ICS is Gingerbread 2.3 plus Honeycomb 3.0 so how can the number be 2.4? Also why would Verizon want the Samsung chip VS the TI chip? I think now they are just making this crap up either web hits, or for some idiot to be able to brag about his made up info, on made up specs made the web news. Also, why the hell would a Samsung employee sit down with some random guy to talk about this phone? Why??? For what purpose? I call bull! Not going to lie the "specs" of the "SGSIII" sounds amazing more reason it's probably more bull!!

on the whole, i think you're right - it's a load. but, some of the assertions cause me some pause. for example, the idea that ICS might be numbered 2.4. i remember months ago when the ICS name leaked, it was suggested at that time that even though it was coming after HC, it would have a 2.4 number. so, that's not completely out of whack.

as for the chip, we've all been working under the assumption that it would be a OMAP chip, because of Google's announcement that TI was its preferred chip partner. but, that announcement just came recently, and (if Google is to be believed) the Nexus has been under development for almost a year now. so, it would be reasonable to assume that Sammy chose its own chip initially, and it may not have been possible to switch over to Google's "preferred" chip.

so, some of this stuff is entirely possible. but, it is also something that could have just been made up using the rationale i did. the thing that speaks most to me is the way in which this guy leaked the info - that, more than anything, just reeks of being unreliable.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
and now P3droid just tweeted: "no there is no np for vzw" WTH?!?!! i'm assuming this is in follow up to his info/belief that whatever device is coming to vzw, it won't be vanilla android. rather discouraging...

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
and now P3droid just tweeted: "no there is no np for vzw" WTH?!?!! i'm assuming this is in follow up to his info/belief that whatever device is coming to vzw, it won't be vanilla android. rather discouraging...

I think it is because VZW will get the Droid version of the phone. I still think it will be stock ICS, but come with some bloat.

I think it will be like the OG Droid. Stock with some bloat. That is my .02.....

Alucardsyco

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just to make sure no one missed it, the following is part of the poem that @tfleming223 has given.

"While things that go bump in the night, surely give you a fright, It?s all in good fun as I share treats and panda fun. So Instead of filling your belly with candies, jellies and other hollows eve fare, Perhaps your palate will cast a ballot, for an ice cream sandwich instead."

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure no one missed it, the following is part of the poem that @tfleming223 has given.

"While things that go bump in the night, surely give you a fright, It?s all in good fun as I share treats and panda fun. So Instead of filling your belly with candies, jellies and other hollows eve fare, Perhaps your palate will cast a ballot, for an ice cream sandwich instead."

Interesting, so basically late October perhaps? I wonder if Halloween is on a Thursday haha.

schwartzman93

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
"While things that go bump in the night, surely give you a fright, It?s all in good fun as I share treats and panda fun. So Instead of filling your belly with candies, jellies and other hollows eve fare"

Im guessing this line means and announcement on Halloween

"Perhaps your palate will cast a ballot, for an ice cream sandwich instead"

and this line means a release date of November 8th, because that is the day voting will take place this year

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet