Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Well well well, thanks Verizon!!!! Got a call last night at 6PM from Radio Shack. They just received an email to push the date back for the Nexus and did not give a release date. WTF!!! They are still holding the phone for me, but do not know when they can sell it to me...good business strategy

Maybe for that Radio Shack, but too much is pointing to tomorrow for this to worry me.

protonchain

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
You know last week we had everything was pointing to the 9th. Now we have everything pointing to the 15th.

I think, I'm going to stop worry about this waiting and needless betting on what date the phone is going to come out.

Otherwise I think it'll kill me.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If it ain't tomorrow, they sure are getting ready for nothing. Them phones are out there.

IMAG0103.jpg

eikphoto

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I got a phone call from a corporate vzw store asking me if I was still interested in gnex. I called the guy weeks ago and left my number with him. He told me to come in tomorrow and pick it up. So I called another store and the rep said that no official wordbut to stop in tomorrow. Nothing new here folks and it feels like we are beating a dead horse button would be refreshing to have it out. I'm in chicagoland area btw.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
People are creating rumor threads like none other today. Might be a good idea to steer clear of them until tomorrow...it seems some stores are positive its dropping, some aren't. All we can do is wait and see. My guess is yes.

davebuck

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am not going to make up the fact that the regional Verizon Store CALLED ME at 1pm today to let me know that I should come in tommorrow to pick up the new Samsung phone after noon tomorrow:-!:cool:

samsuck

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just finished calling seven VZW corporate stores here in Houston.

5/7 told me the phone is coming out tomorrow. I got one of them to let me in on the off-contract pricing.
This bad boy will be $649.99 off contract. They also allowed me to make an appointment for tomorrow to come get it

Reactions: thedeceiver

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
This is crazy, called two stores (both corporate) in Chicago south burbs, one said no launch date or news, the other said they have a store wide meeting Friday morning, and that could be related to the Nexus launch, and took my name and number.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Meh ... FWIW my company's corporate rep replied to my email today questioning tomorrow's rumored release stating that it is doubtful it will be released tomorrow because she can not see it in the system yet. Not sure what system she uses, but she stated that her system should allow her to make corporate orders the day before release so her customers get the device on release day.:(

SchroederNexus

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I called the Verizon 800 # to see if I could get hooked up with that ch4Ge discount or whatever that they were offering in the midwest. No luck applying it in NJ or any other promos for that matter. The rep was really nice. As I was hanging up I asked about the Nexus, told her I didn't want to go to the store for nothing tomorrow. She told me it wasn't in her system but she'd sign me up for a text alert when more info was available.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The forum has been totally overrun with people creating duplicate threads. That's a good sign the release is almost here.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I walked by my local Verizon Store on the way home from the eye doctors. I looked in and the manager came to get me and said that the phone was on the FED EX truck for delivery today and that he just got a call that gave him the OK to sell the phone on the 15th. He said I could come back and see it but that he couldn't sell it until the 15th.

Told him I would come back on the 15th and then he told me that he would be there first thing in the morning. Also said he has ordered more than the usual number of phones because there are all ready people that want it.

It must be close because the Verizon help web site has been updated with a virtual help application that shows you how to navigate the phone.

So...we will see what tomorrow brings.

anon(191558)

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just called the Downtown Washington DC VZ store. They confirmed that yes, the are selling it tomorrow, and yes, it will be available first thing in the morning.

:D

blueshoes9001

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm sitting here reading through every GN post and trying to stay positive about Thursday and my phone rings... It's one of the many Verizon stores I had left my name at.

He says they just got word it is on for Thursday and he said he is holding one for me... I won't hold my breathe but first call I have every received back so far.

Central Valley...

Jorgasm209

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm sitting here reading through every GN post and trying to stay positive about Thursday and my phone rings... It's one of the many Verizon stores I had left my name at.

He says they just got word it is on for Thursday and he said he is holding one for me... I won't hold my breathe but first call I have every received back so far.

Central Valley...

What store? I called the Stockton Corp Store earlier and got the standard "no official release date" mantra. Not that I am doubting you.. but I might have to exchange my "Rent-a-Razr" at the store you are referring to if they are green lighting there. :)

blueshoes9001

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue in Stockton...that is where I am at...not one word about Thursday or stock I could find...

Anyway...

Elk Grove Verizon
Ion (not sure how to spell his name)
or
His direct line is 916.628.2514

Has about 20 on hand and about 5-7 reserved already for Thursday...

Good Luck!

Edit: Corrected Phone number....sorry about that....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol