I dont know anything about this website or how much to even trust this rumor but it does make you have some hope atleast.....

Verizon could be first carrier to get Samsung Galaxy S II - Los Angeles Gadgets | Examiner.com
    nrk and DashShiron like this.
    07-25-2011 11:44 PM
    That's all fine and dandy... but the biggest question above all is it going to be 4G LTE?
    This is going to be a major factor for a majority of the populous.
    07-26-2011 12:01 AM
    That's all fine and dandy... but the biggest question above all is it going to be 4G LTE?
    This is going to be a major factor for a majority of the populous.
    Yeah I know, i live in a 4g area but I might get this anyways. I think it will have 4g though.
    07-26-2011 12:11 AM
    August does line up with the rumor that it would be stateside by then but an august 12th release? Hmmmmm...sounds a little soon. Then again stranger things have happened.

Thanks brother for the info
    07-26-2011 12:31 AM
    I'm callIng BS. Why the hell would the CDMA version be out before the GSM?
    I'm calling myself an analyst and I say ATT will get it first as early as Aug 9.
    >_>
    07-26-2011 12:40 AM
    I'm callIng BS. Why the he'll would the CDMA version be out before the GSM?
    I'm calling myself an analyst and I say ATT will get it first as early as Aug 9.
    >_>
    AT&T is filling up quickly with their upcoming Android line-up. I say it's quite possibly accurate seeing all the movement on At&T's end with all the other handsets.I do see your point though.........
    07-26-2011 12:48 AM
    Within a week, or possibly in the same week as the Bionic? I don't buy it, but I'm sure stranger things have happened. Call me a skeptic, but I don't see a carrier releasing two top tier smartphones in the same month. Would be cool if they did though. I'm excited to see this phone officially hit US soil, regardless of the carrier.
    07-26-2011 12:57 AM
    Within a week, or possibly in the same week as the Bionic? I don't buy it, but I'm sure stranger things have happened. Call me a skeptic, but I don't see a carrier releasing two top tier smartphones in the same month. Would be cool if they did though. I'm excited to see this phone officially hit US soil, regardless of the carrier.
    There's a difference between a phone be available for release and being released. My guess is that the GS2 will be ready by the 12th. It's up to VZW to fit it into their schedule. If the Bionic comes out in a couple of weeks expect the GS2 to be released on the 25th.

One other thing to speculate about... if the Bionic comes out first we won't hear a peep about if GS2 is 4G. It's in VZW/Motorola's best interest to keep that fact hidden. Let's face it, if the GS2 is 4G the Bionic has an uphill battle ahead of it. This might also be the reason the phone is coming to VZW first.
    07-26-2011 08:54 AM
    AT&T’s Galaxy S II Will Have Slide-Out QWERTY, Pictures Inside

AT&T's SGSII just popped up with a qwerty keyboard. Good news since we should, hopefully, see Verizon's pop up sometime soon. Looks like it's going to look an awful lot like the Fascinate.
    07-26-2011 09:13 AM
    Wow, this is great news... until I got to the slider part...

EDIT: just want to add really hope this phone is rocking 4G.
    07-26-2011 09:22 AM

Well if it's like last launch, only one carrier will get the slider. (sadly...)
    07-26-2011 09:28 AM

I think it's safe to assume Verizon's won't have a qwerty if we're getting an LTE variant of the Epic 4G

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    07-26-2011 09:29 AM
    I think it's safe to assume Verizon's won't have a qwerty if we're getting an LTE variant of the Epic 4G
    True, but the Epic, while good, won't nearly be as good as the Attain will...
    07-26-2011 09:52 AM
    Crossing my fingers at this point, I just need either the Bionic or GSII to come out before I head back to school and I'll be happy.
    07-26-2011 09:57 AM
    That's cause the Bionic isn't coming next month. Chances aare it'll be early September for that.

Back on topic, this makes sense in some ways. A big factor of why this is releasing first on Verizon is due to the open slot the iPhone 5 has left. This is a huge opportunity for Samsung to go head to head with Apple.

Sent from my ThunderBolt
    07-26-2011 10:16 AM
    I hope we get it 1st seeing as last galaxy s we were last..
    And plz plz no slider!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2011 01:06 PM
    With no FCC approval of a Verizon version though it does seem more and more unlikely that Verizon will get the SGSII first. It would make sense also for Verizon to be the last carrier to get the phone. If they are trying to pack LTE into the device, the Verizon version will require more changing then the other two versions.
    07-29-2011 01:17 PM
    I hope we get it 1st seeing as last galaxy s we were last..
    And plz plz no slider!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Slider slider slider...sorry, couldn't resist.
    07-30-2011 12:37 AM
    With no FCC approval of a Verizon version though it does seem more and more unlikely that Verizon will get the SGSII first. It would make sense also for Verizon to be the last carrier to get the phone. If they are trying to pack LTE into the device, the Verizon version will require more changing then the other two versions.
    I agree that and the fact that usually they go pretty close to 1 year intervals on sequels(yes I know not all came a year later) and since the fascinate came out in sept last year it would make sense for it to come out then. I wish it would come sooner but not getting my hopes up.
    07-30-2011 08:09 PM
    That's cause the Bionic isn't coming next month. Chances aare it'll be early September for that.

Back on topic, this makes sense in some ways. A big factor of why this is releasing first on Verizon is due to the open slot the iPhone 5 has left. This is a huge opportunity for Samsung to go head to head with Apple.

Sent from my ThunderBolt
    I agree but maybe they will release the slider to kind of fill in aug until the iphone and bionic come out in sept.
    07-30-2011 10:03 PM
    I have never had a phone with a slider, I think it would be a nice change. All else fails I would just use Swype. Not sure how many of you are Skinny jean hipsters, but my pockets are big enough to carry a slider if ned be.
    eksplosions and MasterGiraffe like this.
    07-31-2011 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD