07-28-2011 07:04 PM
75 123
tools
    I personally think in the first tweet that ^LM WAS referencing the GSII, not the tab. Everyone knows the Tab is 4g, its in the name, announce, and surly not worthy of a tweet, esp a "good news" tweet. Also note that the ^LM employee never tweets again, its all the ^CB and ^AC clarifying THEIR tweets. I think ^LM leaked when she/he wasn't supposed to and the other where trying to cover it up.

Now the question is; why would they try to cover that info up? This "close" to launch i would think this the perfect time to announce such a tantalizing piece of info.
    Jtav27 likes this.
    07-27-2011 12:55 PM
    I personally think in the first tweet that ^LM WAS referencing the GSII, not the tab. Everyone knows the Tab is 4g, its in the name, announce, and surly not worthy of a tweet, esp a "good news" tweet. Also note that the ^LM employee never tweets again, its all the ^CB and ^AC clarifying THEIR tweets. I think ^LM leaked when she/he wasn't supposed to and the other where trying to cover it up.

Now the question is; why would they try to cover that info up? This "close" to launch i would think this the perfect time to announce such a tantalizing piece of info.
    Exactly what I was about to say. Everyone has known the Galaxy Tab 4G is LTE, and the way he said it was as if no one knew for sure yet. Probably said something he wasn't supposed to about the GS2.
    07-27-2011 01:06 PM

You're right. Thats why I said that regardless of what they said the info will come out.

LM messed up and they are covering for him/her
    07-27-2011 01:13 PM
    Except that it's not true. Which you'd know if you read Android Central more often.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...l-sport-4g-lte
    irl Panda likes this.
    07-27-2011 01:16 PM
    I dont think theres much doubt that the phone will be 4G. The only question is what does the phone look like now? How much did they have to change to make it work.
    I agree with this. The only thing worse than a GS2 with only 3G on Verizon is if they Bing it.
    07-27-2011 01:19 PM
    Waaaaaaaaaah Wah. Roller coaster of emotions over here.

I think that saying it will have 4G and someone "slipped up" is wishful thinking. It might be right (I HOPE it is), but...

Kind of like what rkeller62 said in the Bionic rumors of how everyone dismisses later release dates and accepts earlier ones.
    07-27-2011 01:34 PM
    ^LM is probably fired now and looking for a new job......

I can't wait to find more information about this phone, the Nexus Prime and Bionic. At this point I could go for either one depending on the exact specs and when they are released.

The next 4 to 8 weeks will be exciting.
    07-27-2011 01:38 PM
    Well LM did just tweet me back saying that they don't know the release date, so can't be any confusion there with the tab. Maybe a little hope that LM knows more than the others.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-27-2011 01:42 PM
    The biggest difference between this mistweet and the last time the GSII got confused with the Tab is this:

last time some one asked about the "Samsung Galaxy S 2" and the VZW rep confused the Galaxy part and replied, thinking about the Tab. that rep clearly didn't know what the GSII was.

This time, ^LM mentioned out of the blue the name "GSII". She didn't pull the term "GSII" from a tweeter to whom she/he was replying. If there was confusion between the tab and the GSII, she still knew about the GSII prior to tweeting. Just like no one mentioned "Fascinate 2" but the rep used that term anyway, later on.

to me this means that
    A) she independently knows about the GSII and her employers didn't provide her with info. This means he/she is likely more tech savvy/informed and less likely to make a Tab/GSII mistake.
    or
    B) there is talk of the GSII within verizon, likely related to 4G and he/she honestly reported the wrong info, or the right info at the wrong time.

Either case looks to be promising.

Edit: I see now that LM was replying to @sparty569. I have not seen that tweet, but that info may invalidate my above post.
    07-27-2011 01:57 PM
    He first asked:
    sparty569
    @samsungtweets Is there anyway you can let us know if the Galaxy SII for VZW will have 4G? It will make many decisions easier if it is.

Later he RT the reply:
    sparty569
    WOAH!!! My new phone!!! RT @VZWSupport: @sparty569 Great news! The Samsung Galaxy SII will have 4G. ^LM

So it looks as though he did drop the Galaxy SII name beforehand, meaning that this could easily be a blunder and not a wonder.

My hopefulness just dropped 60 points
    07-27-2011 02:10 PM
    Except that it's not true. Which you'd know if you read Android Central more often.

Verizon: Galaxy Tab 10.1 -- not the Galaxy S II (yet) -- has LTE | Android Central
    Funny it was on droid life before it was on here. Just saying.
    07-27-2011 02:21 PM
    The only way to find out before hand is the fcc
    07-27-2011 03:37 PM
    Waaaaaaaaaah Wah. Roller coaster of emotions over here.

I think that saying it will have 4G and someone "slipped up" is wishful thinking. It might be right (I HOPE it is), but...

Kind of like what rkeller62 said in the Bionic rumors of how everyone dismisses later release dates and accepts earlier ones.
    It will be shipping as LTE compatible. He/she slipped up or actually made the mistake but in due time the info will resurface.

Those who wait for LTE verifications will celebrate soon enough.

Sent from my Droid
    hvalergir likes this.
    07-27-2011 04:27 PM
    It will be shipping as LTE compatible. He/she slipped up or actually made the mistake but in due time the info will resurface.

Sent from my Droid
    So CK you gonna snag a gs2 with lte or wait for the prime? And what is your reasoning for what you choose?
    07-27-2011 05:20 PM

Sent from my Droid
    Like I said, I'd prefer you're right and I'm wrong on this one!
    07-27-2011 05:43 PM
    So CK you gonna snag a gs2 with lte or wait for the prime? And what is your reasoning for what you choose?
    man this is such a tough call. I'm not 100% sold on the idea the Prime is coming to Verizon and I hope that info circulates and we get some more outside verification to make this choice easier.

For the sake of this conversation though lets say that it has been confirmed the Prime will drop on VZW. I will wait for it. A pure Google Experience phone is my passion.

It is going to be a tough passing the SG2 up if I'm faced with that decision. If I didn't care so much for a Nexus device I wouldn't think twice about getting the GS2 but man it is not easy to pass this phone up.

I've made no bones about it. The GS2 is the Android handset to buy. Period
    07-27-2011 06:22 PM
    man this is such a tough call. I'm not 100% sold on the idea the Prime is coming to Verizon and I hope that info circulates and we get some more outside verification to make this choice easier.

For the sake of this conversation though lets say that it has been confirmed the Prime will drop on VZW. I will wait for it. A pure Google Experience phone is my passion.

It is going to be a tough passing the SG2 up if I'm faced with that decision. If I didn't care so much for a Nexus device I wouldn't think twice about getting the GS2 but man it is not easy to pass this phone up.

I agree it is just hard to pass up a google experience phone no matter how good the other phone is. I think both will be great and especially if the gs2 has lte than it will pretty much be like a nexus just more relying on the devs to get leaks and put together roms.
    07-27-2011 07:18 PM
    I agree it is just hard to pass up a google experience phone no matter how good the other phone is. I think both will be great and especially if the gs2 has lte than it will pretty much be like a nexus just more relying on the devs to get leaks and put together roms.
    This is true. You really can't go wrong purchasing either of them.

Sent from my Droid
    07-27-2011 07:33 PM

One of my recent draws to the GS2 is the huge following its has and its only getting bigger. That means better dev support. Lots of options, will be an interesting release and I'll repeat, it will have LTE you know it and so do I.
    Friend-O likes this.
    07-27-2011 07:58 PM
    One of my recent draws to the GS2 is the huge following its has and its only getting bigger. That means better dev support. Lots of options, will be an interesting release and I'll repeat, it will have LTE you know it and so do I.
    Well the nexus line always has lots of developers so I think both of these will have lots of dev support as long as the carriers dont change the gs2 up too much so that each needs its own set of development.
    07-27-2011 07:59 PM
    Well the nexus line always has lots of developers so I think both of these will have lots of dev support as long as the carriers dont change the gs2 up too much so that each needs its own set of development.
    Would you like me to delete your shipwrestler125 account?
    07-27-2011 08:24 PM
    Would you like me to delete your shipwrestler125 account?
    You can do whatever you like that was my friends account I was using this one is mine.
    07-27-2011 08:44 PM
    I've been had by shipwrestler?

Sent from my Droid
    07-27-2011 09:14 PM
    Dang...hoodwinked

Sent from my Droid
    07-27-2011 09:15 PM
    Dang...hoodwinked

Sent from my Droid
    No i only used that now and then it was my friends account who used it most of the time I am much more laid back then him and dont get all worked up on these forums lol.
    07-27-2011 09:21 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD