07-28-2011 07:04 PM
75 123
tools
    No i only used that now and then it was my friends account who used it most of the time I am much more laid back then him and dont get all worked up on these forums lol.
    but they busted you for having the same IP.........

Did ship come over and use your computer to log on?
    07-27-2011 10:51 PM
    Since we're on the topic of prime vs gs2, can someone tell me what the advantages of having vanilla over a skinned device are (besides getting faster software updates). I actually think a skin improves the phone's functionality...Correct me if I'm wrong.
    07-27-2011 10:54 PM
    but they busted you for having the same IP.........

Did ship come over and use your computer to log on?
    He is my bro so yeah we share the same computer.
    07-27-2011 11:05 PM
    Since we're on the topic of prime vs gs2, can someone tell me what the advantages of having vanilla over a skinned device are (besides getting faster software updates). I actually think a skin improves the phone's functionality...Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Some dont like skins because they slow the phones down compared to a vanilla device although most would never notice the difference if they never had a vanilla device.
    07-27-2011 11:05 PM
    He is my bro so yeah we share the same computer.
    ahhh..... well welcome aboard. Great to have you here.
    07-27-2011 11:13 PM
    I will agree with you on your assessment of the skin adding functionality. The problem I have with them is that they can be plain ugly. The new Blur is certainly better looking in my opinion but still lacks polish. The new touchwiz appears to be leaps and bound better than 3.0 but I can't comment much more on it because I haven't used it.

But yeah I will agree they do add more functionality.

Sent from my Droid
    07-27-2011 11:53 PM
    Some dont like skins because they slow the phones down compared to a vanilla device although most would never notice the difference if they never had a vanilla device.
    At the very least I think Touchwiz 4.0 has proven this false. I, myself, find the newest version of Moto's UI to be pretty zippy as well. The skins are becoming improved thanks to more efficient coding and better hardware.
    07-28-2011 02:51 AM
    I don't mind the skinned UIs so much as the bloatware. I hate the fact I can't decide on what apps I choose to keep or remove from my phone.
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    07-28-2011 03:28 AM
    I have a funnyittle feeling that the leaked Sammy LTE slider is gonna be our GS2. I bet that the specs that were leaked with it are not right.

Sent from my MOTOROLA CLIQ XT using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 12:31 PM
    Why was CK banned? He seemed to be a legitimate source of scraps of info on the vzw sgs2.
    07-28-2011 01:09 PM
    At the very least I think Touchwiz 4.0 has proven this false. I, myself, find the newest version of Moto's UI to be pretty zippy as well. The skins are becoming improved thanks to more efficient coding and better hardware.
    I agree but he asked and that is what most people would say without really knowing that it isnt necessarily the skin slowing the phone down since the sgs2 has no lag whatsoever with touchwiz. It is all about how they code it and the hardware to handle it.
    07-28-2011 01:10 PM
    I am hoping that we get some actual news on either the Galaxy S II or the Nexus Prime soon. I would love to have some concrete news on either.

I am also curious as to why CK was banned. Seems like it came from nowhere.
    07-28-2011 01:14 PM
    I am hoping that we get some actual news on either the Galaxy S II or the Nexus Prime soon. I would love to have some concrete news on either.

I am also curious as to why CK was banned. Seems like it came from nowhere.
    I know he hung around the bionic forums and some people didn't like him there but who knows I agree it did seem to come from out of left field.
    07-28-2011 01:47 PM
    He was banned? That would suck, he was always helpful with answering questions and great with keeping discussions going.
    07-28-2011 01:52 PM
    No kidding, he was keeping these threads alive. Bring him back!
    07-28-2011 01:57 PM
    Probably just a temporary ban for CK...a slap on the wrist, if you will.
    07-28-2011 02:28 PM
    folks, let's get this thread back on topic
    07-28-2011 03:00 PM
    hmm quiet day... I myself like it when the forums are abuzz with new finds. even fake ones provide me with enough entertainment to track down and verify them myself. Today we got the SGSII email signup.

yawn
    07-28-2011 03:25 PM
    hmm quiet day... I myself like it when the forums are abuzz with new finds. even fake ones provide me with enough entertainment to track down and verify them myself. Today we got the SGSII email signup.

yawn
    7 pages later, I'm just hoping it was a Freudian slip.

All I know if my current phone is on it's last leg, so this thing needs to land stateside soon or I'll have to get something else. I'll be posting a picture of the pathetic thing in the contest, I feel like I might have a good shot at winning it. Heck, it might not be a GSII but I'd be thrilled with a Droid 3!
    07-28-2011 03:52 PM
    Thats why I'm just getting the 10.1 tab.
    Sheesh we will see what things will be........
    07-28-2011 04:21 PM
    So because this day was kind of slow I decided to try my hand at FCC snooping. I had heard that the site was ridiculously hard to use, but that is a massive understatement. Does anyone know how to actually find anything useful on this site?

I decided to start with just finding the released sprint phone details to learn how the site works and I wasn't even able to find that. I had the ID number and the product number and even with both of those I was never able to find the documentation on the sprint version of the SGSII. How the **** does that site work?
    milkshed27 likes this.
    07-28-2011 04:23 PM
    He was banned? That would suck, he was always helpful with answering questions and great with keeping discussions going.
    Nah knowing my bud he is scoping out hot chicks at some low key coffee shop on Sunset here in So. Cal.
    07-28-2011 04:25 PM
    Nah knowing my bud he is scoping out hot chicks at some low key coffee shop on Sunset here in So. Cal.
    Ha! Oh that crazy CK.
    07-28-2011 04:47 PM
    Well maybe aug is more likely since the bionic is now known to not be coming until sept.
    07-28-2011 04:54 PM
    Since we now know that the tweet was a mistake, I'm closing this thread.
    07-28-2011 07:04 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD