@VZWSupport confirms LTE in SGS2 on VZW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So CK you gonna snag a gs2 with lte or wait for the prime? And what is your reasoning for what you choose?
man this is such a tough call. I'm not 100% sold on the idea the Prime is coming to Verizon and I hope that info circulates and we get some more outside verification to make this choice easier.

For the sake of this conversation though lets say that it has been confirmed the Prime will drop on VZW. I will wait for it. A pure Google Experience phone is my passion.

It is going to be a tough passing the SG2 up if I'm faced with that decision. If I didn't care so much for a Nexus device I wouldn't think twice about getting the GS2 but man it is not easy to pass this phone up.

I've made no bones about it. The GS2 is the Android handset to buy. Period :)

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
man this is such a tough call. I'm not 100% sold on the idea the Prime is coming to Verizon and I hope that info circulates and we get some more outside verification to make this choice easier.

For the sake of this conversation though lets say that it has been confirmed the Prime will drop on VZW. I will wait for it. A pure Google Experience phone is my passion.

It is going to be a tough passing the SG2 up if I'm faced with that decision. If I didn't care so much for a Nexus device I wouldn't think twice about getting the GS2 but man it is not easy to pass this phone up.

I agree it is just hard to pass up a google experience phone no matter how good the other phone is. I think both will be great and especially if the gs2 has lte than it will pretty much be like a nexus just more relying on the devs to get leaks and put together roms.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree it is just hard to pass up a google experience phone no matter how good the other phone is. I think both will be great and especially if the gs2 has lte than it will pretty much be like a nexus just more relying on the devs to get leaks and put together roms.

This is true. You really can't go wrong purchasing either of them.

Sent from my Droid

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

One of my recent draws to the GS2 is the huge following its has and its only getting bigger. That means better dev support. Lots of options, will be an interesting release and I'll repeat, it will have LTE you know it and so do I.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
One of my recent draws to the GS2 is the huge following its has and its only getting bigger. That means better dev support. Lots of options, will be an interesting release and I'll repeat, it will have LTE you know it and so do I.

Well the nexus line always has lots of developers so I think both of these will have lots of dev support as long as the carriers dont change the gs2 up too much so that each needs its own set of development.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Since we're on the topic of prime vs gs2, can someone tell me what the advantages of having vanilla over a skinned device are (besides getting faster software updates). I actually think a skin improves the phone's functionality...Correct me if I'm wrong.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Since we're on the topic of prime vs gs2, can someone tell me what the advantages of having vanilla over a skinned device are (besides getting faster software updates). I actually think a skin improves the phone's functionality...Correct me if I'm wrong.

Some dont like skins because they slow the phones down compared to a vanilla device although most would never notice the difference if they never had a vanilla device.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I will agree with you on your assessment of the skin adding functionality. The problem I have with them is that they can be plain ugly. The new Blur is certainly better looking in my opinion but still lacks polish. The new touchwiz appears to be leaps and bound better than 3.0 but I can't comment much more on it because I haven't used it.

But yeah I will agree they do add more functionality.

Sent from my Droid

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Some dont like skins because they slow the phones down compared to a vanilla device although most would never notice the difference if they never had a vanilla device.

At the very least I think Touchwiz 4.0 has proven this false. I, myself, find the newest version of Moto's UI to be pretty zippy as well. The skins are becoming improved thanks to more efficient coding and better hardware.

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the skinned UIs so much as the bloatware. I hate the fact I can't decide on what apps I choose to keep or remove from my phone.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a funnyittle feeling that the leaked Sammy LTE slider is gonna be our GS2. I bet that the specs that were leaked with it are not right.

Sent from my MOTOROLA CLIQ XT using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol