Insider update

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
A complete redesign is not required and I think that's what you are not understanding. The GS2 doesn't have to go from where it is now to the size of the Droid 2. We are talking a slight change but a change nonetheless.

Sent from my Droid

I wasnt the one who said it would need a complete redesign I was just replying to the person who said it would lol. I am agreeing with you IT WONT NEED A COMPLETE REDESIGN.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I wasnt the one who said it would need a complete redesign I was just replying to the person who said it would lol. I am agreeing with you IT WONT NEED A COMPLETE REDESIGN.
The words complete redesign is not what I posted. I said different all around. This means size, camera, locations of things, and likely the home button. Don't put words in my mouth.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes sir that would be my guess as well. No thicker than the Charge.

Sent from my Droid
When you think about it, it could be thinner. The Charge was being developed for a CES announcement. This leads me to believe a LTE GSII could be thinner than the Charge.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just want this phone to come out already 4g on verizon so I can stop looking for new everyday, at least until the Nexus Prime gets closer.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The words complete redesign is not what I posted. I said different all around. This means size, camera, locations of things, and likely the home button. Don't put words in my mouth.

Oh my bad different all around. Same as complete redesign but if you want to say different all around then by all means say it that way.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Odd how people get "upset" at the possibility and rumors of an LTE capable GS2 on Verizon's network. What's that about?

It's about the Bionic fanboys who are terrified of the possibility that their beloved phone, which they've been waiting on seemingly forever, may be deemed inferior to the GS2 almost immediately. ;)

C'mon, buddy...it's not a stretch to say that "different all around" could easily be interpreted as "complete redesign". Nobody is trying to put words in your mouth. You just weren't very clear on exactly what you meant in your initial post. :)

Reactions: redraider133

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It's about the Bionic fanboys who are terrified of the possibility that their beloved phone, which they've been waiting on seemingly forever, may be deemed inferior to the GS2 almost immediately. ;)

C'mon, buddy...it's not a stretch to say that "different all around" could easily be interpreted as "complete redesign". Nobody is trying to put words in your mouth. You just weren't very clear on exactly what you meant in your initial post. :)

Thank you I didn't mean to put words in anyone's mouth that is just how it read to make it seem like that. And I agree I can see some very angry bionic fanboys when the gs2 comes out with lte and its unlocked bootloader and better screen I can only imagine what will happen. Then again they will be in denial like all the iphone fanboys lol.

CanUFeelIt

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you I didn't mean to put words in anyone's mouth that is just how it read to make it seem like that. And I agree I can see some very angry bionic fanboys when the gs2 comes out with lte and its unlocked bootloader and better screen I can only imagine what will happen. Then again they will be in denial like all the iphone fanboys lol.

For making fun of iphone fanboys you sound very similar to one of them.

Oh, and Bionic "fanboy" here..I could care less if GS2 comes in 4G ;)

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
For making fun of iphone fanboys you sound very similar to one of them.

Oh, and Bionic "fanboy" here..I could care less if GS2 comes in 4G ;)

I had an iphone 4 for like 2 weeks didn't like it. If you are getting the bionic then why are you on here? Of course you don't care because you and many others are probably the ones who think their phones are the best no matter what. The thing is there is always something better and to each their own so if thats what you like then by all means grab one I am sure it will be a good phone hopefully it doesnt have many bugs when it launches.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

My apologies for not being more clear in my quick reply. I was wrong to assume everyone would know that each carrier would change the phone a little bit and my broad statement could be interpreted differently. My only point was they will change the design slightly, they could change it to fit LTE as they changed it for sprints version, but the question still remains if they did put LTE in or not. I'm getting the device regardless it just depends on how bad Verizon changes it on whether I get their version or Sprint's.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
-
Ahhhhhh!! Well that makes sense. I couldn't understand why some people would get so upset about the possibility. I was like "WTH is that all about?"

Another thing that people like to toss around. The catchphrase "Binged" lol. Number one who cares. That gets stripped right out if you don't want it. Takes all but 3 minutes. Secondly its a stupid search engine. I spend maybe .00000000034 minutes a year on searching things on my handset. It can be yahoo for all I care lol.

Binged sminged.......trivial

Sent from my Droid

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
-
Ahhhhhh!! Well that makes sense. I couldn't understand why some people would get so upset about the possibility. I was like "WTH is that all about?"

Another thing that people like to toss around. The catchphrase "Binged" lol. Number one who cares. That gets stripped right out if you don't want it. Takes all but 3 minutes. Secondly its a stupid search engine. I spend maybe .00000000034 minutes a year on searching things on my handset. It can be yahoo for all I care lol.

Binged sminged.......trivial

Sent from my Droid

I agree especially since the bootloader will be unlocked it will take nothing to remove bing. I think people are just trying to nit pick because everything about this phone is getting such great reviews they dont really have anything else to try and say is bad about the phone. Now until it reaches verizon that could be a different story but if they leave it alone then if all they have to say is bad is bing that is saying something about the quality of the phone.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

You can ask CK, I'm a huge fan boy for the Bionic but I am waiting till the gs2 and Bionic are out before deciding which to buy. I'm just hoping gs2 is lte. If so, it won't be hard to decide which one I want. I am new to the gs2, so if it's confirmed to have lte, my bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Correct redraider and that's assuming it even ships with Bing. I think that contract is up if I'm not mistaken anyhow.

Sent from my Droid

CanUFeelIt

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I had an iphone 4 for like 2 weeks didn't like it. If you are getting the bionic then why are you on here? Of course you don't care because you and many others are probably the ones who think their phones are the best no matter what.

Easy killer! I plan on buying the GS2 regardless of 4g since the moment the Bionic was delayed. The only way I switch back to the Bionic now is if Verizon turns the GS2 into a slider/does something to really turn me off.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
A complete redesign is not required and I think that's what you are not understanding. The GS2 doesn't have to go from where it is now to the size of the Droid 2. We are talking a slight change but a change nonetheless.

Sent from my Droid

They would have to completely redesign the PCB, just like they're having to do for WiMax. (and the WiMax chip is a lot smaller than any available LTE chip)

If you want LTE, you're going to have to deal with a device at least as thick as the Charge.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If you noticed he never said that this chip would be in the SGSII. He said he had no knowledge of that. All he said was that his source told him that it would have LTE. Realistically all anyone is doing is speculation so I don't see how the speculation for it being LTE equipped is any less valid then your speculation that it will not. Neither one has solid ground to stand on at the moment.

Also, we already know that Samsung did a redesign of the phone to fit in WIMAX. No one is saying that the WIMAX chip is the same size as the LTE chip, but they are more similar in size then you would think. All people are saying is that since Samsung did a redesign of the phone to fit WIMAX I see no reason why they couldn't do it for Verizon. It makes sense considering how much time they have had since the phone was originally released.

Go take a look at the PCB for the Charge. The LTE chip takes up more space than the Hummingbird and CDMA chip COMBINED. While I don't doubt that Samsung has the capability to redesign it to accomodate the LTE chip, the question is whether they would WANT to do it, since it would require a lot of compromises that would make the Verizon Galaxy SII a simply 'good' handset instead of an amazing one.

I don't see them making those compromises. Instead, I see them choosing to wait until the second generation LTE chips are available.