Are you getting the Nexus Prime?

Are you getting the Nexus Prime?

• Total voters

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait and decide between the Nexus Prime and the HTC Vigor. From what I've heard, they'll both be on Verizon with 4.6" HD screens and 1.5 GHz dual-core processors. Need more info to choose between the two. 4.6" may be too big of a screen, but I'd definitely like to try one out for a year or so. Not much reason to consider the Bionic with these bad boys on the Verizon horizon, which I suspect is why this info has been leaked. Timing is not that crucial to me 'cause my 37 Mbps ThunderBolt works great for the time being.

mtcowdog

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait and see. Screen size might be too big, and I will want to see what ICS brings to the table. I'm done drooling over hardware; I need a mobile device that is tightly integrated into a usable package.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
If it's available on verizon, though with the track record they've had i'm not getting my hopes up.

I just like the idea of a nexus device, I wanted and waited for the nexus one (which eventually got replaced by the incredible) and I'm quite envious of my freinds on sprint who have the nexus s. I have no doubt google/whoever their partner is will come up with something great. it will look good, and have innovative, if unused, features (i'm looking at you NFC). Look at what's hot in japan, that seems to be something google really likes (QR codes, and again, NFC).

I just hope verizon's incarnation doesn't get pushed back into oblivion like n1

edit:
concerning screen size, I thought I would never want anything with a larger than 4" screen just because the phone gets so bulky. I hate the evo and droidx in the hand, but newer devices fit the large screen on a smaller frame. lg rev and my freind's inspire both feel really nice. when you conciter the removal of capacative buttons, a 4.6" screen could easily fit into the same device. Though with too small of a bevel the digitizer seems to become vulnerable (has anyone seen an aria older than 2 months without a shattered screen?) gorilla glass could counter this problem though.

Last edited:

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Like most, I'm gonna have to wait and see what comes of it. I'm going to be taking my service to AT&T in November...so hopefully we'll know by then IF this phone is even coming to AT&T, if it isn't there already.

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
If it comes to Verizon and is 4G, i'm definitely buying it. No 4G means i'll go with the Vigor instead.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting to see the number of people who are saying "If it comes to my network". This is largely a US thing since you have 4 incompatible networks, whereas most of the rest of the world uses GSM and thus all phones work on all networks. That being said, I would hope that there is at least 1 CDMA variant of this phone or maybe a verizon LTE version. 1 amazing phone on as many networks as possible would give whoever makes it the chance to outsell the iPhone and take away the last bragging rights the fruity fanboys have.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
As long as verizon doesn't try to take away my unlimited data plan to get a nexus prime I'm in. All nexus devices have free hotspot built in, so there is no way verizon will like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez