View Poll Results: Are you getting the Nexus Prime?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, yes, yes!

115 72.33%
  • No, SGSII all the way!

7 4.40%
  • No, some other phone

4 2.52%
  • Eh, I'll wait and see what's out/on the horizon

33 20.75%
08-24-2011 12:14 AM
30 12
tools
    Are you getting the Nexus Prime, 3, or whatever else it may be called?
    07-31-2011 02:41 PM
    If it comes to sprint....HELL YES!
    LegendarySoul likes this.
    07-31-2011 02:49 PM
    It's way too early to say. I need to see some firm details first. Also, the 4.6" size has me worried. I know people are saying that it will retain the size of a 4.3" screen phone but... I have my doubts about how that will really work, and even 4.3" is pushing the limits of how big a phone should be in my opinion. Basically, I just need to see it first.

Plus, I may be going the prepaid route when my AT&T contract is up anyway so it may be a moot point for me.
    07-31-2011 03:55 PM
    If its available on Verizon and LTE, then yes.
    07-31-2011 03:58 PM
    It's way too early to say. I need to see some firm details first. Also, the 4.6" size has me worried. I know people are saying that it will retain the size of a 4.3" screen phone but... I have my doubts about how that will really work, and even 4.3" is pushing the limits of how big a phone should be in my opinion. Basically, I just need to see it first.
    This. It's like (to me) the people saying they'll get an iPhone 5 when there's (virtually) no news about it at all. I (sorta) understand it, though I think it's silly. Though I guess we have tidbits about the Nexus 3/Prime.

I probably wouldn't get it anyway - I think even 4.3" is too big for my taste. Personal preference. I'm waiting for some solid news wrt pricing and release date on the Kingdom/Hero 4G.
    07-31-2011 04:19 PM
    The iphone 5 is more real than the Nexus Prime. The iphone will be out in Sept, but not necessarily on the carrier you want.

The next Nexus will be out eventually, but who knows when or what it will be named.

I'd still like to have it though.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g
    07-31-2011 04:34 PM
    If it comes to verizon than yes.
    07-31-2011 06:15 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...ml#post1146789

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-31-2011 06:18 PM
    If google gives us some solid information would be awesome.
    07-31-2011 06:38 PM
    i'd rather wait and see, go and play with the display model, when it's out, look at reviews, blah blah blah.
    yeah, i don't go by what the store reps or verizon reps tell me anymore, half the time they go by scripted drivel to make the phone sound better then it is.
    07-31-2011 09:05 PM
    I want to see what kind of overhaul the UI goes through first. The clean, catchy look of the HTC apps for the calendar, clock, lockscreen, etc. are one of the big reasons I like my DInc. I've played around with Cyanogenmod, but stock Froyo and Gingerbread just aren't as appealing to me.

Now, if the UI gets a major redesign and looks more like a high-end experience and less like a college computer science project, I'll be all over that.

(Please don't flame me. I just don't think that the UI of many stock apps is very professional or polished, sorry)
    07-31-2011 09:13 PM
    I am certainly going to pay close attention to this phone....

My upgrade is early September, which means the Bionic, GS2, and this phone are my main options:

Each has my interest, and I will almost assuredly get one of the 3.

Prime: Has my interest as for all intents and purposes it appears to be a GSII with a bigger screen, is going to be LTE , and has stock Android. This lines up perfectly with my needs/desires on paper. It will need certain things for me to be serious about the phone, however. It can't come out after October, because I'm tired of my BB Storm after my D1 died, and simply won't wait that long. Also of consideration is the feature on the GSII to tone down the color saturation, which the Amoled Screens annoy me with. Finally, I really need to hold this thing as a 4.6 screen might just be too big, when I feel that 4.3 is already pushing it, even if one of the main things I will use the phone for is watching movies/videos during my train commute. Also battery life on a 4.6 is a big concern. Finally at least enough storage space to rival the GSII

GSII: This is my #1 choice at the moment, barring the Prime being released in a timely fashion, or this phone not being LTE. If this phone is LTE confirmed, and the Prime releases at the same time, it will mostly come down to the likeability of the 4.6 screen

Bionic: I don't like the pentile screens. They're too washed out, and -I- can see the pixilation on solid colors. That said, if the GSII does not come with LTE, and the Prime isn't around until Xmas, I will get this phone..
    07-31-2011 09:26 PM
    If it comes to Verizon!
    Gotta get my ice cream!

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
    [X] Motorola Xoom: Stock Root 3.2
    Tapatalk
    07-31-2011 09:42 PM
    I am waiting to see what will be the full Specs. I will get this phone If the Sammy makes it and If its pretty much the same/better then the GSII. If it is coming out around Oct... December is a little to late with the holidays in the same month. Maybe next year i would be able to get a 3rd line then I'll get it.

Big reason for this is i would be looking into getting a Tablet and next year I think would be the time to get one with Quad core coming. I would then give this Phone to my wife and get a GSIII or Nex4 lol...
    07-31-2011 09:46 PM
    There is a good chance that I'll get this phone. It really depends on what is out around my upgrade date. Right now, the Bionic, Dinara, and Nexus look to be prime candidates. The Nexus ranks first for me, as I've always wanted a Nexus phone. I was very disappointed when I couldn't get the Nexus One on Verizon, but I ended up with the Droid, so it wasn't too big of a tradeoff. Here's hoping Verizon can get this phone.
    07-31-2011 10:04 PM
    this time last year we all thought motorola was making the next nexus with a keyboard, Things change, so this is probably not true.
    07-31-2011 10:44 PM
    without a doubt
    07-31-2011 10:51 PM
    More than likely, but will wait to see the specs first, and whether it will work on my carrier.
    08-01-2011 04:04 AM
    When u go stock its not very appealing thats why there are themes
    I want to see what kind of overhaul the UI goes through first. The clean, catchy look of the HTC apps for the calendar, clock, lockscreen, etc. are one of the big reasons I like my DInc. I've played around with Cyanogenmod, but stock Froyo and Gingerbread just aren't as appealing to me.

Now, if the UI gets a major redesign and looks more like a high-end experience and less like a college computer science project, I'll be all over that.

(Please don't flame me. I just don't think that the UI of many stock apps is very professional or polished, sorry)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 06:01 AM

I know exactly how you feel, but I think a lot of people use their own favorite apps and widgets instead of the stock Android ones. HTC has some nice widgets, but even there, I often end up something else that I like better for a variety of reasons.
    08-01-2011 06:21 AM
    I'll wait and decide between the Nexus Prime and the HTC Vigor. From what I've heard, they'll both be on Verizon with 4.6" HD screens and 1.5 GHz dual-core processors. Need more info to choose between the two. 4.6" may be too big of a screen, but I'd definitely like to try one out for a year or so. Not much reason to consider the Bionic with these bad boys on the Verizon horizon, which I suspect is why this info has been leaked. Timing is not that crucial to me 'cause my 37 Mbps ThunderBolt works great for the time being.
    08-01-2011 06:28 AM
    Wait and see. Screen size might be too big, and I will want to see what ICS brings to the table. I'm done drooling over hardware; I need a mobile device that is tightly integrated into a usable package.
    08-01-2011 07:52 AM
    If it's available on verizon, though with the track record they've had i'm not getting my hopes up.

I just like the idea of a nexus device, I wanted and waited for the nexus one (which eventually got replaced by the incredible) and I'm quite envious of my freinds on sprint who have the nexus s. I have no doubt google/whoever their partner is will come up with something great. it will look good, and have innovative, if unused, features (i'm looking at you NFC). Look at what's hot in japan, that seems to be something google really likes (QR codes, and again, NFC).

I just hope verizon's incarnation doesn't get pushed back into oblivion like n1

edit:
    concerning screen size, I thought I would never want anything with a larger than 4" screen just because the phone gets so bulky. I hate the evo and droidx in the hand, but newer devices fit the large screen on a smaller frame. lg rev and my freind's inspire both feel really nice. when you conciter the removal of capacative buttons, a 4.6" screen could easily fit into the same device. Though with too small of a bevel the digitizer seems to become vulnerable (has anyone seen an aria older than 2 months without a shattered screen?) gorilla glass could counter this problem though.
    08-06-2011 05:57 AM
    I will be jumping ship from my DX2 unless moto pulls through with their promise to unlock our bootloaders
    08-06-2011 12:11 PM
    Like most, I'm gonna have to wait and see what comes of it. I'm going to be taking my service to AT&T in November...so hopefully we'll know by then IF this phone is even coming to AT&T, if it isn't there already.
    08-21-2011 01:23 PM
30 12