new devices map no sgs2?

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so if it has samsung's name on it you are saying they dont make any money? Let me spell this out for you both the gs2 and the prime(supposedly) are made by samsung which means if they can wait a few extra months and release a phone that will sell more since those who wanted the gs2 didnt get a chance to get it will get it. It's simple why make 2 phones when you can make 1 and sell twice as many. It is all about making money and what they feel will sell the most.
I think you're looking wayyyy too far into this. They're both Sammy phones, and likely they have similar profit margins for Samsung. If anything, considering that the Prime is a Google phone, it might even be a smaller margin. As long as people buy it, they'll release it. And the SGS2 is way past being MADE, they're just tweaking it or straight up mass-producing. Do you remember how many feature phones any given manufactuer would have out at any one time? It's harder to make so many today when a VGA camera isn't a selling point anymore. Point being it's not as large of an investment to roll out another phone for them considering they have the infrastructure solidly in place.

So yeah, they could release it today and the Prime a month from now, separate them by $50 and both will sell well. A crap ton on people are eligible for an upgrade over 3 months time and people don't like to sit on an upgrade as they use crappy 2 year old phones-- few folk are like us that follow the releases this closely and will instead buy what they see in the store or heard was good from their techie friend (one of us, probably).

This phone is coming to Verizon, the question is just when.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
This is so funny I +1
read? This is how people read:

Glance at headline

Glance at pic

Type

Then when the Vigor doesn't come out this year they get mad and refer back to the original article. Fights then erupt when people like you tell them they should have read it in the first place. They quickly dismiss your logic and threaten to get the iPhone because Verizon are idiots and liars. You then try and calm them down and explain to them but they don't want to hear it. You are called a troll and told to leave.

Fights continue daily followed by mods warning people to calm down. After a few days somebody starts up a Facebook page called Vigor Mortis and types out cryptic messages about the handsets ability to inflict death upon any other handset that gets near it. People flock to the FB page and "like" it. The messages continue with dates about the birth of a killer and forums erupt with raging fights about the authenticity of the page. Bans and infractions are dolled out at an alarming pace by the mods and adminstrators. They quickly remind everyone to calm down.

Then after months of waiting, fighting, name calling and threats of getting an iPhone an obscure article appears on the front page of AC dated January 1st 2012 by Phil Nickenson: Vigor appears in Verizon inventory. Launch scheduled for February 3.

The masses rise up again and lavish Phil with love and affection. Some send nude pictures of themselves via text and emails. The launch is finally here. The masses are elated and typing OMFG and all other vulgar acronyms to express their delight. The party continues into the wee hours of the night when a man by the name of Jerry Hildenbrand drops a bomb on the forums front page.

It reads: "Samsung announces the Nexus Scorpion, the most venomous Android handset to date."

He tips his hat, flips us the bird and walks off.

The cycle of luncacy continues...............

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
read? This is how people read:

Glance at headline

Glance at pic

Type

Then when the Vigor doesn't come out this year they get mad and refer back to the original article. Fights then erupt when people like you tell them they should have read it in the first place. They quickly dismiss your logic and threaten to get the iPhone because Verizon are idiots and liars. You then try and calm them down and explain to them but they don't want to hear it. You are called a troll and told to leave.

Fights continue daily followed by mods warning people to calm down. After a few days somebody starts up a Facebook page called Vigor Mortis and types out cryptic messages about the handsets ability to inflict death upon any other handset that gets near it. People flock to the FB page and "like" it. The messages continue with dates about the birth of a killer and forums erupt with raging fights about the authenticity of the page. Bans and infractions are dolled out at an alarming pace by the mods and adminstrators. They quickly remind everyone to calm down.

Then after months of waiting, fighting, name calling and threats of getting an iPhone an obscure article appears on the front page of AC dated January 1st 2012 by Phil Nickenson: Vigor appears in Verizon inventory. Launch scheduled for February 3.

The masses rise up again and lavish Phil with love and affection. Some send nude pictures of themselves via text and emails. The launch is finally here. The masses are elated and typing OMFG and all other vulgar acronyms to express their delight. The party continues into the wee hours of the night when a man by the name of Jerry Hildenbrand drops a bomb on the forums front page.

It reads: "Samsung announces the Nexus Scorpion, the most venomous Android handset to date."

He tips his hat, flips us the bird and walks off.

The cycle of luncacy continues...............

Ha! Seriously, people need to stop and take their time to read this post. Spend any decent amount of time on these boards and you know this post is dead on and hilarious because of it.

Just love the last part as well.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I think we haven't heard anything from Samsung because theyre waiting on Apple to make an announcement on when they'll be holding their iphone5 event. Samsung is probably ready to launch the gs2 on all US carriers today if they had to, but theyre blaming one of the carriers (without pointing out which exact one to not burn any bridges) for the delay. This way, they can take the wind out of Apple's sails/sales by swooping in just ahead of them. Thats why I think the US is last to receive the GS2, because the iphone is usually released in the US/Canada first. Thats my theory at least.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I think we haven't heard anything from Samsung because theyre waiting on Apple to make an announcement on when they'll be holding their iphone5 event. Samsung is probably ready to launch the gs2 on all US carriers today if they had to, but theyre blaming one of the carriers (without pointing out which exact one to not burn any bridges) for the delay. This way, they can take the wind out of Apple's sails/sales by swooping in just ahead of them. Thats why I think the US is last to receive the GS2, because the iphone is usually released in the US/Canada first. Thats my theory at least.

Seems fairly logical to me, but I think they would sell more if they got the phone out as early as possible. Maybe their goal is to take a chunk out of Apple's sales, being willing to sacrifice some GS2 sales. I might just wait for a new HTC phone or the next Nexus since the GS2 won't seem quite so amazing next to some new phones that will (hopefully) be out soon.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems fairly logical to me, but I think they would sell more if they got the phone out as early as possible. Maybe their goal is to take a chunk out of Apple's sales, being willing to sacrifice some GS2 sales. I might just wait for a new HTC phone or the next Nexus since the GS2 won't seem quite so amazing next to some new phones that will (hopefully) be out soon.

I think that is exactly it that they want to try and hit apple in their money maker which is the iphone and they figure even if they do lose some gs2 sales they still have a good possibility to take sales away from the iphone if it comes out very close to the iphone launch. I agree the new phones look nice but once they are announced something else will be around the corner. I am going to wait and see how the sgs2 turns out if it has LTE I think it will still be a big seller and with its ease to be rooted it will have a very large dev community behind it. I mean look what the charge is getting(developer support wise) and it isnt half of what the sgs2 is.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Those speculating about the iPhone are way off base. Delaying the phone so it launches closer to the iPhone and then blaming the carriers as a strategic move? I mean really?

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Those speculating about the iPhone are way off base. Delaying the phone so it launches closer to the iPhone and then blaming the carriers as a strategic move? I mean really?

All you did was restate what we said in a question format. I mean, really.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I think that is exactly it that they want to try and hit apple in their money maker which is the iphone and they figure even if they do lose some gs2 sales they still have a good possibility to take sales away from the iphone if it comes out very close to the iphone launch. I agree the new phones look nice but once they are announced something else will be around the corner. I am going to wait and see how the sgs2 turns out if it has LTE I think it will still be a big seller and with its ease to be rooted it will have a very large dev community behind it. I mean look what the charge is getting(developer support wise) and it isnt half of what the sgs2 is.

It is a terrible strategy. Android owners on the average don't tend to be as brand conscious, but Apple fanboys have no interest in Android regardless how much the phone may resemble their iPhone...

I think they would likely hurt Apple more with an early release, so while the specter of the iPhone 5 is there, the physical presence isn't.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It is a terrible strategy. Android owners on the average don't tend to be as brand conscious, but Apple fanboys have no interest in Android regardless how much the phone may resemble their iPhone...

I think they would likely hurt Apple more with an early release, so while the specter of the iPhone 5 is there, the physical presence isn't.

But what I am saying is those that are on the fence leaning more toward the sgs2 but would get an iphone if it came out before the sgs2 if they released the sgs2 a little before the iphone or even the same time then they would get what they originally wanted rather than just something because it is out(iphone) before what they wanted in the first place.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Well how about you enlighten everyone then? Damn dude hop off your high horse people are just speculating is that ok with you?:p