08-05-2011 10:56 PM
97 1234
tools
    So there goes the Within. Function and Attain look to be something else.

Sent from my Droid
    Stratosphere!

And I just said Thursday because that seems to be the day Verizon likes to announce/release things lately. We'll see.
    08-02-2011 05:46 PM
    BGR is reporting that Sprint's SGSII will be launching in Sept and will be called the Epic Touch 4G

Sprint's Galaxy S II dubbed 'Samsung Epic Touch 4G,' launches in September

I guess that's one carrier out of the running for the Samsung-stated August stateside release of the SGSII! Crossing my fingers that VZW will be the first!
    That squares with all the talk going on over on the Sprint forum. The Photon came out on July 30, therefore the S2 will come out in September. It's getting closer!
    08-02-2011 05:59 PM
    I will be quite shocked if they announce the Galaxy this month on Verizon.

If they do this has been kept under wraps Apple style. I've heard or seen nothing other than it is LTE. Strange.......
    08-02-2011 06:01 PM
    Samsung did drop another phone on the FCC, but it was GSM and it lacked any "4g" hardware...
    08-02-2011 06:01 PM
    Rules of this thread.

1. Somebody needs to talk to a rep and write about how they were told that it is dropping this month on a certain day.

2. Another person must verify said date with their own story of how the straight faced rep suddenly smiled when asked the question if it was coming out at that time and said "I'm not sure"

3. At least one story of a neighbor or cousin who won't reveal anything except that its coming soon.

4. We need one good conspriacy theory that makes absolutely no sense to anyone except for the person that wrote it.

(4a. At least one person needs to agree with the theory and say its possible)

And finally #5 and this is most important.

5. If the projected date is past August EVERYONE must pounce and call it nonsense and any dates that are in August EVERYONE must rally around it ( All posts MUST reflect an August release as very probable.)

Following erroneous twitter and FB pages is not mandatory but highly encouraged. For those wondering, Myspace is another acceptable news source.

Sent from my Droid

You're just full of jokes today
    08-02-2011 06:04 PM
    Samsung did drop another phone on the FCC, but it was GSM and it lacked any "4g" hardware...
    Are you referencing this? I'm not sure we know if it's 4G or not.
    08-02-2011 06:06 PM
    There was a GS-E2230L today through the FCC, but it's just a candybar phone.
    08-02-2011 06:17 PM
    Sprints GS2 launching in Sept. Thought Samsung said August for all US carriers....
    08-02-2011 06:18 PM
    Samsung didn't say August for all US carriers, they just said it's coming to the US market in August. That means it could be on just one carrier.
    Friend-O and Stang68 like this.
    08-02-2011 06:21 PM
    I could see this being kept under wraps since there was so much going on with the apple lawsuit so that could be a reason they didn't have many leaks because they were tied up with legal battles and didn't want apple to have another product to try and ban from being sold. Just my take on it.
    08-02-2011 06:25 PM
    Samsung didn't say August for all US carriers, they just said it's coming to the US market in August. That means it could be on just one carrier.
    i see. hopefully vzw releases their gs2 in aug then
    08-02-2011 06:32 PM
    i see. hopefully vzw releases their gs2 in aug then
    It was speculated that verizon would get the gs2 first but we will see if that pans out.
    08-02-2011 07:55 PM
    It was speculated that verizon would get the gs2 first but we will see if that pans out.
    To be fair it wasn't speculated. A tech journalist said he received info that it was launching first on VZW.

Sent from my Droid
    08-02-2011 09:41 PM
    They can call it the Samsung PeterGriffin as they sell their soul to Fox for all I care, as long as I'm using it within the next billing cycle.
    As long as the default ringtone was Peter's laugh I'd buy it!!
    08-03-2011 07:41 AM
    Somewhat off topic, but related, I am kinda fed up with phone manufacturing companies in general. What ever happened to being upfront and honest with your customers? I am all for the rumor mill and keeping things super secret while you are in production, but I really dislike this practice of keep things super secret right up until they all of a sudden announce: "Hey you know that new phone that you have been waiting for for 8 months?? It launches in 15 seconds!"

I don't understand how it hurts a cell phone company to disclose key information to its buyers once the phone is already finalized. Instead of the whole "sometime in August" release why not something a bit less vague. Why can't they tell us if it will be 4G? Release pictures? All of these things would do a better job IMHO of building hype for a phone and wouldn't hurt them one bit. It would also keep people loyal to their company and insure buyers who are looking more down the line. If they released all of the information on the SGSII two-three weeks ago then people would be locked into buying it instead of getting frustrated and just looking further down the road.

The way these companies act these days it makes me think of those awful girls you remember from high school who would just lead guys on for the fun of it. Its just sad really, they don't seem to have very much respect for sanity of those actually purchasing their device
    They just dont want to kill sales of what they already have available. Also, its pretty easy for something to go wrong and things get delayed. They dont want to get you excited about a new device, preventing you from buying whats currently available, then have the new device end up not even coming out at all.

Sprints GS2 launching in Sept. Thought Samsung said August for all US carriers....
    They said the first one in August and the rest within a month. So if the first one drops on August 31st they have until October 1st to make good on that promise .

I think it makes sense that stratosphere is the GS2 (the whole telescopes and launching it into the stratosphere business..). I also think (and hope) that the QWERTY slider is it, though there is not much evidence to support that. The model number reported to be on the slider (SCH-i405) also doesnt really point to it being a GSII variant but model numbers are easily faked in the about screen. But that QWERTY is coming soon and would it make sense for two new Sammy phones to drop so close to each other?
    08-03-2011 08:13 AM
    To be fair it wasn't speculated. A tech journalist said he received info that it was launching first on VZW.

Sent from my Droid
    Alright than rumored to come first to vzw.
    08-03-2011 08:16 AM
    I think it makes sense that stratosphere is the GS2 (the whole telescopes and launching it into the stratosphere business..). I also think (and hope) that the QWERTY slider is it, though there is not much evidence to support that.
    If it has a keyboard I wouldn't considered it a GS2. A keyboard totally changes the phone. I'm excited for a GS2 type of phone, not a better version of the Droid series.
    08-03-2011 08:16 AM
    If it has a keyboard I wouldn't considered it a GS2. A keyboard totally changes the phone. I'm excited for a GS2 type of phone, not a better version of the Droid series.
    It wont be the GS2, but it would be a GS2 variant. As in the rest of the hardware is the same. Look at what sprint did to the original galaxy. Thats the way carriers do things here. They each want their own unique version. But they are all still variants of the GS. The same thing will happen to the GS2.

VZW needs a better QWERTY without this locked bootloader nonsense. There will enough candy bar options to make your head spin soon enough (Bionic, Nexus Prime, ect). Just give us one good QWERTY.
    08-03-2011 08:21 AM
    The lack of any sign for either the GS2 or a midrange QWERTY slider or anything at all from samsung does not point to a release of anything any time soon. No FCC filing.. No MAP..
    08-03-2011 08:25 AM
    If this does end up being the SGSII and it releases tomorrow or the following week then I think the pentagon needs to bring in Samsung as an outside consultant on how to keep secrets. They clearly have their information on lockdown where the pentagon seems a been leaky
    08-03-2011 08:52 AM
    If this does end up being the SGSII and it releases tomorrow or the following week then I think the pentagon needs to bring in Samsung as an outside consultant on how to keep secrets. They clearly have their information on lockdown where the pentagon seems a been leaky
    If there is some kind of announcement tomorrow I still think were 3 weeks away. You're right, no way is there an imminent release on the way. That's just wishful thinking.
    08-03-2011 09:06 AM
    The only thing I'm thinking is that maybe VZW requested confidentiality on the FCC filing whereas Sprint and AT&T didn't. But I just can't reason that. Mehh.
    08-03-2011 09:10 AM
    The only thing I'm thinking is that maybe VZW requested confidentiality on the FCC filing whereas Sprint and AT&T didn't. But I just can't reason that. Mehh.
    I would love to believe that but AFAIK that has never happened before. FCC filings have always been found about a month in advance. Anybody know what the shortest time there has been between FCC filing and release?

If there is some kind of announcement tomorrow I still think were 3 weeks away. You're right, no way is there an imminent release on the way. That's just wishful thinking.
    What evidence is there to an announcement tomorrow? Is this just from that tweet about "in two sunsets" or is there more?
    08-03-2011 09:13 AM
    I would love to believe that but AFAIK that has never happened before. FCC filings have always been found about a month in advance. Anybody know what the shortest time there has been between FCC filing and release?

What evidence is there to an announcement tomorrow? Is this just from that tweet about "in two sunsets" or is there more?
    I think that is pretty much all we have to go on. Its pretty hard to determine which twitter accounts are legitimate and which ones are not. It just seems a bit strange to me because I would be somewhat surprised if the VZW version doesn't come out in August. We already know the sprint version is pushed to september and we know that at least one version has to come out in August. It's just very weird that we don't have a FCC filing. Realistically couldn't they release the phone the day after the FCC filing? Im sure that the phones are all ready to go so I don't see why they would have to wait around much longer after it gets approved.
    08-03-2011 09:18 AM
    Guys the twitter was a joke lol. It was in relation to that mdb twitter thing that was going around.

Sent from my Droid
    08-03-2011 09:18 AM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD