Samsung Stratosphere 4G

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
They can call it the Samsung PeterGriffin as they sell their soul to Fox for all I care, as long as I'm using it within the next billing cycle.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
No one said anything about the Stratosphere 4G being the GSII. Different device and most likely the slider leaked.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like that may be the name of the device. Kellen from Droid Life tweeted that it has been all over the Verizon systems and someone else on Twitter said to look out for it. Kind of makes sense...Galaxy/"Stratosphere".

Thoughts?

The leak about the name "Function" seems kind of old now. Everyone ran with it at the time, but who knows what the phone will be called at the point.

Reactions: Broheemster

MarkAllan

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the name for the Galaxy. Typing Samsung Stratosphere into Yahoo gets you articles about Samsung sending Galaxy S 2's to the stratosphere with a space balloon in Japan recently.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Plus the telescopes that bloggers have been getting in galaxy s2 boxes. You guys may be onto something here. I sure hope so anyway.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Droid Life's Kellex DOES mention the GSII when a follower prods him and the other "tipster" asking, "Is that the GSII" and Kellex says something along the lines of "More than likely yes". It's all there in public twitter timelines. Could it be that hideous slider? Sure. But my money is on the GSII.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Mark is correct. This is from June 23rd. This just got a lot more interesting

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...re-on-July-15th-just-to-prove-a-point_id19797

Reading a little bit too much into this, don't you think? Lol. Right now the codename is 'Function', we know that. Now, it's been said that Verizon's GSII could bear the name 'Fascinate II' and it further confirms that with a slip up Verizon made on Twitter naming the GSII the Fascinate II. Also, I'm willing to bet the the Stratosphere wont be a retail name period. Its probably just a codename for that slider.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Reading a little bit too much into this, don't you think? Lol. Right now the codename is 'Function', we know that. Now, it's been said that Verizon's GSII could bear the name 'Fascinate II' and it further confirms that with a slip up Verizon made on Twitter naming the GSII the Fascinate II. Also, I'm willing to bet the the Stratosphere wont be a retail name period. Its probably just a codename for that slider.

Sent from my ThunderBolt
Lol some random accessory site said Function a few months back. That was the only reference EVER.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol some random accessory site said Function a few months back. That was the only reference EVER.

That and the fact that Samsung filed the names 'Attain', 'Function', and 'Within' months ago in the US We all know the Attain is AT&T, the Within is Sprint and the Function is Verizon. Also, I saw the tweet, didn't say that was it. He said "No one is a 100% sure...". He didn't way it was or wasn't. So he himself hasn't an idea.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The Function/Attain may also be the Sliders. We know there are Galaxy varients on the carriers (leaked slider pics from both VZW and AT&T)

No mention that the Galaxy S's are these handsets only a guess.

Did Samsung Just Trademark the US Galaxy S II Variants?

You know, this thread got me thinking, so how did we find out the names of the US SGS2 variants again? So I looked back, and remembered THIS. All the news came from the same leaked image from Wireless Xcessories Group, which included a picture of a case that we now know won't fit the supposed Sprint variant. The news caught on and I guess it's been generally accepted that those were the names ever since.

I can buy the idea that the case image was just a placeholder, but why was this particular online retailer privy to this information? Or did they just make an educated guess based on Samsung's trademark filings?

Hmmmmm ...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante