Samsung Fascinate Retired at Verizon, New Device Ready to Take its Place? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I also noticed when looking at the VZW store that it was no longer listed. Are we staring at the imminent release of its replacement?

Samsung stated they wanted to release the GSII in the US this month and my gut agrees with them...LTE or not, I think its coming...
    08-03-2011 04:49 PM
    I feel like Samsung/Verizon have been playing games with my heart the last few months. As soon as a promising bit of news comes in, even an official tweet or two, nothing ever comes of it.

</3
    08-03-2011 05:08 PM
    I know Sprint has already put the word out that Fascinate's brother/sister phone the Epic 4g on the EOL (End of life) in October so this would sound about right for the Fascinate.
    08-03-2011 05:09 PM
    http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/03...onic-and-more/

I'm leaning towards the Stratosphere 4g being the GS II for VZW.
    08-03-2011 05:29 PM
    I really don't see Verizon releasing two highly anticipated LTE devices on the same day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-03-2011 05:31 PM
    If this is anything like the Inc2 launch, the wait should be over soon. When the Inc1 was discontinued, the Inc2 came in a few weeks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-03-2011 05:34 PM
    I really don't see Verizon releasing two highly anticipated LTE devices on the same day.

It's suicide for Motorola.
    08-03-2011 05:35 PM

Bionic may just be pre-order on that day. It has a Level 1 launch designation (just guessing thats what it is though )

Regardless, I don't see VZW holding up their release schedule for the Bionic. That would be a poor business decision.
    08-03-2011 05:43 PM
    you cant forget about the 4g blackberry being launched then too lol
    08-03-2011 06:24 PM
    you cant forget about the 4g blackberry being launched then too lol
    What a joke of a phone to have. 4g LTE radio in a bb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-06-2011 11:41 AM
    What a joke of a phone to have. 4g LTE radio in a bb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well for business use you cant beat the email and security. I used to own blackberry's but would never get another I am just saying this is a nice touch for those who like blackberry.

Also, if it is indeed going to be the fascinate 2 it doesn't make sense for it to be the slider that was shown awhile back since the original didnt have a keyboard and usually sequels they don't add keyboard's to.
    08-06-2011 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD