08-07-2011 10:03 PM
214 1234 ...
tools
    but we need to calm down and look at the evidence ...or lack thereof
    Bingo! The people who are in the best shape right now are the ones who don't read these forums, who happens to meander into a Verizon store on September 8th and go "hey look at this sweet looking phone!".
    08-03-2011 06:39 PM
    how come theres nothing on the roadmap that mentions the nexus prime? can the pluto be it? hmmm......
    08-03-2011 06:54 PM
    how come theres nothing on the roadmap that mentions the nexus prime? can the pluto be it? hmmm......
    What was the source that the Prime was coming to Verizon?
    08-03-2011 06:58 PM
    What was the source that the Prime was coming to Verizon?
    phil himself. chek the nexus prime thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...xus-prime.html
    08-03-2011 07:00 PM
    So I guess that best case scenario is that the Prime = Pluto.
    08-03-2011 07:06 PM
    So I guess that best case scenario is that the Prime = Pluto.

No the best case scenario is that the Nexus isn't on the list... better yet, that this list is BS and the GSII is coming out this month.
    08-03-2011 07:12 PM
    No the best case scenario is that the Nexus isn't on the list... better yet, that this list is BS and the GSII is coming out this month.
    Yeah, not happening. This is a Q3 road map. ICS doesn't launch until Q4, which is when we will see Prime.
    08-03-2011 07:16 PM
    I fear you may be right. Origional name of stratosphere is aegis which is a netbook. This is probably going to be a 4g netbook.
    but it says 4g smartphone next to it so dont think its a notebook
    08-03-2011 07:19 PM
    Yeah, not happening. This is a Q3 road map. ICS doesn't launch until Q4, which is when we will see Prime.
    this goes up thru jan hence the samsung plato so its not just q3
    08-03-2011 07:20 PM
    I could see the plato being the sgs2 since it says the launch was pushed to jan and then it launch with lte. I dont think that would be smart but then again this is verizon.
    08-03-2011 07:21 PM
    Just for a moment let's assume this leak is correct and that the Stratosphere is a 4G version of the GS2. What a disaster for Motorola. What is the key selling point of the Bionic vs. the Stratosphere in that scenario?
    Great question. Bionic has webtop capabilities so that will be it's selling point. Docks etc etc. Some people don't want all that stuff so the Stratosphere and other phones can take its place.

I think that added expense of all the accessories and such will kill sales for the Bionic. That's why I think the Atrix was a dud. The mentality "I don't need that " will make most consumers move onto the next phone rather than passing on purchasing the accessories and such and still buying the phone.

So there is a market for the Bionic but I personaly do not see it as a large one. Tablets are the newest rage and laptops are still widely used who needs these useless expensive docks for a phone? I mean who would carry around that thing AND a laptop/tablet. Its redundant I think.

Sent from my Droid
    Jtav27 likes this.
    08-03-2011 07:22 PM
    That's why I said something isn't right. Conflicting information. All searches on Samsung Aegis shows it is a notebook though. The suspense is killing me. I know we all want it to be the 4g gs2 but we need to calm down and look at the evidence ...or lack thereof
    Remember that was just its code name. I don't know the meaning behind all this stuff and hopefully we will get some clarification on what the Stratosphere is. Then we can all stop scratching our heads

Sent from my Droid
    08-03-2011 07:25 PM
    I've been in the "Stratosphere isn't a slider camp", but this roadmap has me a little confused. It doesn't make sense to me that Verizon would debut two phones with similar features on the same day. Samsung wouldn't like that. Motorola wouldn't like that. Why would that happen?
    08-03-2011 07:34 PM
    I've been in the "Stratosphere isn't a slider camp", but this roadmap has me a little confused. It doesn't make sense to me that Verizon would debut two phones with similar features on the same day. Samsung wouldn't like that. Motorola wouldn't like that. Why would that happen?
    Yeah, having them release on the same day moves the thinking that it's the slider (not a GSII variant) and not the GSII. Just wouldn't make much sense to me. But then if you do go with the thinking that it's not the GSII, where is the GSII? It's not any of the others except possibly the one releasing on 9/29. So does that mean that it comes in August after all?

Ugh!! It's nice to have this leaked info, but sometimes it creates more questions than provide answers.
    08-03-2011 07:40 PM
    I answered above. Bionic and the Galaxy S2 are two entirely different phones. Bionic is targeted to a different demographic.

Sent from my Droid
    08-03-2011 07:45 PM
    I say scrap the bionic and just put your efforts behind the gs2
    08-03-2011 07:52 PM
    Anyone want to bet that the Verizon adamant is the iPhone?
    08-03-2011 08:18 PM
    Anyone want to bet that the Verizon adamant is the iPhone?
    No because it says it is replacing the salute which is Verizon Wireless Salute Support
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    08-03-2011 08:28 PM
    I could see it being a slider variant similar to the gs2... Release the gs2 without keyboard in august then a month later when the bionic is released, refresh the frenzy with a refreshed version with the keyboard.
    lovelexis likes this.
    08-03-2011 08:33 PM
    One possibility that hasn't been mentioned is: Stratosphere is the 4G LTE Slider we've seen pictures of, 9/29 phone is the Galaxy Z (the low end SGS II variant that would make sense to be 3g at a lower price point), leaving the Function (not mentioned here) as the SGS II with 4G LTE still possible for August?

That's what I'm hoping for...
    lovelexis likes this.
    08-03-2011 09:01 PM
    P3Droid has just hinted on Twitter that the SGSII is not coming to Verizon or may not be coming soon, at least that is what I picked up from his tweets. I tweeted back to him regarding this but I have not gotten any response back. Not sure if that is what will happen but just reporting what I saw.
    08-03-2011 09:14 PM
    One possibility that hasn't been mentioned is: Stratosphere is the 4G LTE Slider we've seen pictures of, 9/29 phone is the Galaxy Z (the low end SGS II variant that would make sense to be 3g at a lower price point), leaving the Function (not mentioned here) as the SGS II with 4G LTE still possible for August?

That's what I'm hoping for...
    That's what I meant in my post above...
    08-03-2011 09:16 PM
    P3Droid has just hinted on Twitter that the SGSII is not coming to Verizon or may not be coming soon, at least that is what I picked up from his tweets. I tweeted back to him regarding this but I have not gotten any response back. Not sure if that is what will happen but just reporting what I saw.
    Yeah he also said "are you ready for a 4g slider?"
    08-03-2011 09:18 PM
    That's what I meant in my post above...
    Cool, we are then both in the same line hoping for the SGS II this month!
    lovelexis likes this.
    08-03-2011 09:25 PM
    Yeah he also said "are you ready for a 4g slider?"
    I guess there is always the hope that it will the internals of the SGS II. If it does and the keyboard and slider are top notch, I'd think about it. I haven't had a slider in over a year but if the keyboard was as good as the rest of the device it would still be a contender for me.
    08-03-2011 09:28 PM
214 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD