New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

jmayer88

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Leaked Verizon Roadmap Reveals Potential Launch Dates for Stratosphere, Vigor, Bionic and More - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

DROID Bionic: (9/8 launch) ? You already know everything about this device, don?t you?
Samsung Stratosphere: (9/8 launch) ? 4G LTE device running Android 2.3
HTC Vigor: (10/6 launch) ? Will replace the HTC Thunderbolt
LG Revolution 2: (10/20 launch) ? Will replace the original Revolution
Samsung Galaxy Tab P8 (November launch) ? Could be the 8.9″ Galaxy Tab?
Samsung Illusion: (9/29 launch) ? 3G smartphone running Android 2.3
HTC Bliss: (9/29 launch) ? Lower end Android 2.3 device; the chick phone?
Motorola XOOM 4G LTE: (9/8 launch) ? Assuming this is the date that the 4G LTE upgrade starts.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Finally, as CK was saying on the other thread, it seems the dam is starting to break. Assuming that the Stratosphere is in fact the SGSII variant for Verizon this leaves me wondering which carrier will actually get it in the promised month of August. Ugh though I have been waiting so long and this almost makes me think I should get the Vigor less then a month later. I noticed no hint of the prime though.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
this leaves me wondering which carrier will actually get it in the promised month of August.

Whoa there! I don't remember Mr. Shin making any promises. ;)

Edit - Oh ... if a US carrier will release their GS2 variant in August, my money is now on AT&T.

MarkAllan

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
As I said in the other thread, I don't see both the Bionic and the S2 releasing on the same day. If it comes to happen, it might be one of Verizon's dumber decisions.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
As I said in the other thread, I don't see both the Bionic and the S2 releasing on the same day. If it comes to happen, it might be one of Verizon's dumber decisions.

Why would it be a dumb decision. It doesn't hurt them at all. It does hurt Motorola and Sammy though. In the end though Verizon is only going to sell X amount of phones and that total number isn't really going to change by releasing two phones in different weeks.

AT&T does seem like the only viable option left for an August release. Weird though, I didn't see the iPhone on that release map. I thought it was expected to be released in September.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
VZW's GS2 must be the stratosphere then if i don't see anything else on that roadmap that can be the GS2 (no way can it be the Pluto, which is being released in Jan). The roadmap also says the stratosphere is 4g! awesome!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Weird though, I didn't see the iPhone on that release map. I thought it was expected to be released in September.

*Steve Jobs calls Dan Mead*

*Rings*

Dan Mead (answers): Hotshot CEO speaking!

Steve Jobs: Hey Dan it's Steve

Dan Mead: Hey wassup Steve? We still on for golf Saturday?

Steve Jobs: Yeah looking forward to it. But I have something more important to discuss.

Dan Mead: Sure what's up?

Steve Jobs: Put my crown jewel on your release roadmap and I'll come down there and I'll eat yours (crown jewels) for breakfast and wash them down with a nice mimosa. Then I'll pull my phone from your network. Got me?

Dan Mead: Yes sir. *sulks*

Reactions: rosser

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
VZW's GS2 must be the stratosphere then if i don't see anything else on that roadmap that can be the GS2 (no way can it be the Pluto, which is being released in Jan). The roadmap also says the stratosphere is 4g! awesome!

On the other hand though, just to feed the rumor mill, this map starts in September. It is 100% possible that the SGSII variant is going to be released in August as promised and this is actually the slider coming out in September.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

I wouldnt get your hopes up the stratosphere is most likely the slider shown awhile back although I hope it isnt that.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt get your hopes up the stratosphere is most likely the slider shown awhile back although I hope it isnt that.
Why is it "most likely?" I'm more sure that it is the gs2 variant than the slider. We all are 99.9% sure that the g2 will be coming to sprint, att, and vzw. We are less sure about that leaked vzw slider. There was that single picture of it, but for all we know, it couldve failed one or more of the pre-release tests (Merge anyone?).

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Look at the origional name of the stratosphere. It is the Aegis which is a netbook so what's going on here? Something is wrong.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Why is it "most likely?" I'm more sure that it is the gs2 variant than the slider. We all are 99.9% sure that the g2 will be coming to sprint, att, and vzw. We are less sure about that leaked vzw slider. There was that single picture of it, but for all we know, it couldve failed one or more of the pre-release tests (Merge anyone?).

Or the Stratosphere is the 4G Samsung slider and the Samsung Illusion is the regular GS2 to be released 9/29.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well thank god the SGSII already had its release date in my dreams. It was woonnnnndderrfull.

For all we know though, the slider is the GSII variant. It would kind of make sense considering there seems to be these two camps of people and we have heard no rumors about this slider other then the picture. Its possible that that picture is the slider and the GSII variant for VZW. Dear god though I hope not.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

How many pics have we seen of the sgs2? Yeah none for verizon. I am just saying that since it is coming out the same day as the bionic you would think it wouldnt be a more powerful phone than the bionic but I hope I am wrong and it is the sgs2.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Just for a moment let's assume this leak is correct and that the Stratosphere is a 4G version of the GS2. What a disaster for Motorola. What is the key selling point of the Bionic vs. the Stratosphere in that scenario?

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
How many pics have we seen of the sgs2? Yeah none for verizon. I am just saying that since it is coming out the same day as the bionic you would think it wouldnt be a more powerful phone than the bionic but I hope I am wrong and it is the sgs2.

I fear you may be right. Origional name of stratosphere is aegis which is a netbook. This is probably going to be a 4g netbook.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance