New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Seeing that android is *still* outselling iphone.. no it doesnt.[/QUOTE]

But that is one phone going up against how many android phones? I'm no fanboy but it is common sense if you have only 1 phone it is going to be outsold when you have to compete against way more phones lol.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You seem to be confusing Verizon with Samsung. 2 identical phones on the same day is bad for Motorola and for Verizon. Samsung changing the form factor for a internationally popular phone to suit Verizon isn't good for Samsung.

I'm sure Samsung wouldn't consider selling less units a win. The Bionic will be a more popular phone if the Samsung phone is a slider.

They changed the form factor for sprint.

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
But that is one phone going up against how many android phones? I'm no fanboy but it is common sense if you have only 1 phone it is going to be outsold when you have to compete against way more phones lol.

The number of devices isn't really the issue. The specs Apple decides to put in their devices is. Also, iPhones are still only sold on AT&T and Verizon. Cut out all Sprint and T-Mobile Android sales, then select only the Android devices that compare to the iPhone in specs. This will give you a better judgement on Android vs. iPhone. Yes, I know there will still be people buying because of the Apple/Moto/HTC/Sammy/etc... brand name but it is a better comparison than just raw Android vs. iPhone sales.

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You seem to be confusing Verizon with Samsung. 2 identical phones on the same day is bad for Motorola and for Verizon. Samsung changing the form factor for a internationally popular phone to suit Verizon isn't good for Samsung.

I'm sure Samsung wouldn't consider selling less units a win. The Bionic will be a more popular phone if the Samsung phone is a slider.
You seem to be confused on who has power in the US phone market. VZW gets the say on what phones they carry. They tell the phone manufacturers what specs to give their phones. They tell the manufactures to lock their bootloaders and load the phones with bloatware. If the manufacturers dont do what VZW wants, they dont get any access to VZW customers. Then they sell no phones. Im sure Samsung wouldnt consider selling no units a win. :)

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is so consumed with the Stratosphere being the GSII or the slider. Watch it be something else :)

Yes it's possible..........
Or nothing at all.. The ultimate irony :)

If it really does come the 8th we will have FCC reports soon. I need to stop checking forums daily and just wait for that to happen.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I am making this prediction. Whatever it is, it WILL be LTE. You can take that to the bank. Don't ask me how I know, I just know.

edit: I'm being facetious

Last edited:

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You seem to be confused on who has power in the US phone market. VZW gets the say on what phones they carry. They tell the phone manufacturers what specs to give their phones. They tell the manufactures to lock their bootloaders and load the phones with bloatware. If the manufacturers dont do what VZW wants, they dont get any access to VZW customers. Then they sell no phones. Im sure Samsung wouldnt consider selling no units a win. :)

if verizon tells manufacturers to lock the bootloaders why is it moto is the only locked down one and it is locked on all carriers????

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
is this why the iphone has no verizon bloatware and no obnoxious verizon labeling?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that one angers me. I wish the other manufacturers would take a stand like Apple. What are you going to do though. Apple runs the show.

Yeah. You have to hand it to Apple though. Work out an exclusive deal with one carrier, sell a metric-F-ton of phones, help said carrier add millions of subscribers, then make the other carriers bow down and kiss your boots.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
on the topic of iphone, i'm gonna wait and compare the bionic, gs2, and iphone since theyre all coming out around the same time it looks like. i dont have an allegiance to any brand or os bc i cant recall one time where theyve reciprocated any love for buying one of their products

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
on the topic of iphone, i'm gonna wait and compare the bionic, gs2, and iphone since theyre all coming out around the same time it looks like. i dont have an allegiance to any brand or os bc i cant recall one time where theyve reciprocated any love for buying one of their products

That will probably be the smartest thing to do. I am sure all of these phones will be really good phones and will do what you want them to do. You can hate on the iphone but they do have the hardware and software working pretty flawlessly on it. I think once android gets to that then it will no longer be a comparison. I do like android a little better but have no brand loyalty whichever works best for me is what I will get.

Last edited: