New Roadmap Leaked - Stratosphere 9/8

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
For all we know it could be in real world testing like the Bionic. They clearly are very good at keeping leaks from happening considering we knew nothing about this phone until less then a week ago. If they were able to keep that kind of lock on all the lips, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to continue to do that.

Also, a release of the SGSII on the 29th of September makes absolutely no sense to me. If that is true and it actually is a 3G phone then that means it has taken them 4 months to release a phone in the US and they didn't change a single thing. At least with Sprint etc. they changed it so it has WIMAX. Why would they wait 4 months to release a phone that hasn't been changed at all? That's just a really bad business plan.

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
For all we know it could be in real world testing like the Bionic. They clearly are very good at keeping leaks from happening considering we knew nothing about this phone until less then a week ago. If they were able to keep that kind of lock on all the lips, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to continue to do that.

Also, a release of the SGSII on the 29th of September makes absolutely no sense to me. If that is true and it actually is a 3G phone then that means it has taken them 4 months to release a phone in the US and they didn't change a single thing. At least with Sprint etc. they changed it so it has WIMAX. Why would they wait 4 months to release a phone that hasn't been changed at all? That's just a really bad business plan.

Wouldn't they have to change the 3G antennas?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There isn't evidence of it being either. People are only speculating. There are 2 unverified rumors going around. 1 that it has it and 1 that it wont and somebody is going to right.

Its kind of a no brainer for it to be LTE but what do I know :)

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
@mastergiraffe. Your right nobody seems to acknowledge how odd it is that the device has been kept from the public up until a few days ago and is scheduled to launch in just over a month.

Their stuck on why no FCC. Who cares about the fcc why hasn't anything been leaked and what the heck is it. Why the secrecy?

Its launching at the same time as the Bionic and there's zero info on it? That's not normal lol.

Now if this roadmap is bunk then it would all make sense, but if its real I'm stumped how this happened and why.

Sent from my Droid

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
@mastergiraffe. Your right nobody seems to acknowledge how odd it is that the device has been kept from the public up until a few days ago and is scheduled to launch in just over a month.

Their stuck on why no FCC. Who cares about the fcc why hasn't anything been leaked and what the heck is it. Why the secrecy?

Its launching at the same time as the Bionic and there's zero info on it? That's not normal lol.

Now if this roadmap is bunk then it would all make sense, but if its real I'm stumped how this happened and why.

Sent from my Droid

I agree usually when they keep things under wraps like this it is for 1 of 2 reasons. 1. The phone is going to be something special and they don't want people to know until the last minute or 2. The phone is average and they aren't going to do much marketing for and will probably sell a decent amount maybe even less than an average amount.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm all in as well....and I didn't even look at my cards.

I feel like because of the name, the Stratosphere is probably the S2. Given that we are just a month away, I doubt we will be waiting too much longer before we find out.

Now in the worst case scenario the 3G device at the end of September is the S2, then I might have to rethink what I'm going to do. Might go back to waiting on the Nexus Prime. While I hate the idea of keeping my Storm, I'm also having to pay unexpectedly for some car repairs. I'm sure we all know how that can suddenly change/ruin plans. :'(

At one point I was okay with just getting a 3G S2, but now I would prefer to get a device that will last me for a while and I'm now looking to move sooner rather than later into an LTE area.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the car repairs Slowie. Life happens thought right? Yeah we all go through our ordeals and setbacks. Just get back up on the horse and start riding again.

By the time this thing rolls out you should be able to save up some more pennies and you will be back in the game.

I'll be here cheering you on Go Slowie Go Slowie :)

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I doubt they would require the same testing for a phone that has been out in the rest of the world for many months now. But if it is the slider with GS2 internals you would think they would need more than just a month of testing due to such a big change in structure.
actually they would. seeing as how everything that they're actually testing is different from the versions that have already been tested.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
actually they would. seeing as how everything that they're actually testing is different from the versions that have already been tested.

Well as long as they weren't having lots of issues I could see a month being plenty of time to test a phone the only reason the bionic took so long is because it had continuous issues.

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well as long as they weren't having lots of issues I could see a month being plenty of time to test a phone the only reason the bionic took so long is because it had continuous issues.
i agree with you esp considering all they're really doing is checking that whatever independent lab that samsung hired to do the initial testing is accurate and truthful.

if they're even doing that much.

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So in terms of validating whether or now this leaked roadmap is credible at all, the first things to launch are two Pantech feature phones. Has anything from Pantech cleared the FCC rocking VZW frequencies lately?

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the car repairs Slowie. Life happens thought right? Yeah we all go through our ordeals and setbacks. Just get back up on the horse and start riding again.

By the time this thing rolls out you should be able to save up some more pennies and you will be back in the game.

I'll be here cheering you on Go Slowie Go Slowie :)

Ha! Thanks CK :)

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i agree with you esp considering all they're really doing is checking that whatever independent lab that samsung hired to do the initial testing is accurate and truthful.

if they're even doing that much.

Since it seems that no matter how much testing they do they still push phones through with a ton of issues(droid x2, tb, etc)

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So in terms of validating whether or now this leaked roadmap is credible at all, the first things to launch are two Pantech feature phones. Has anything from Pantech cleared the FCC rocking VZW frequencies lately?

I think that this might be one of the phones that is expected to hit version before the Stratosphere and the Bionic. It is a pantech phone that has a GPS/WIFI antenna and a CDMA atenna. It passed through the FCC on the 28th of July so there is a good chance that this is the phone slated for a release in that first week of September.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think that this might be one of the phones that is expected to hit version before the Stratosphere and the Bionic. It is a pantech phone that has a GPS/WIFI antenna and a CDMA atenna. It passed through the FCC on the 28th of July so there is a good chance that this is the phone slated for a release in that first week of September.

Well if it is one of those phones then it seems to atleast somewhat validate this leak. Guess in a few weeks we will find out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira