4.5 inch screen on the US version?

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
According to this article it was announced yesterday. http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/7920-motorola-droid-bionic-samsung-galaxy-s2-hercules

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Who knows but it could be possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sprint version is 4.5 because we already saw the FCC dimensions show increased height and width. Sammy might rather do that to fit radios in and keep the same thin frame rather than make it thick and keep it 4.3. I'm sure each carriers version will be different.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Who knows but it could be possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sprint version is 4.5 because we already saw the FCC dimensions show increased height and width. Sammy might rather do that to fit radios in and keep the same thin frame rather than make it thick and keep it 4.3. I'm sure each carriers version will be different.

Most likely they will just like last year how each carrier's sgs1 were different.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
At this point I don't know anything anymore could release with jetpacks for all we know. Nothing will surprise me at this point and I can't dismiss any rumors anymore.

Sent from my Droid

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At this point I don't know anything anymore could release with jetpacks for all we know. Nothing will surprise me at this point and I can't dismiss any rumors anymore.

Sent from my Droid
As long as the battery life supports those jetpacks, I'm game.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This got me excited at first, but I just did a Google search and the Hercules doesn't appear to be coming to Verizon. I see T-Mobile, AT&T and Telus (Canada) mentioned only. I suppose that could change though...

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
As long as the battery life supports those jetpacks, I'm game.

i thought jetpack support was going to be a feature exclusively for quad-core devices? :p

seriously though, i wouldnt mind 4.5. i thought the X was gonna take some getting used to with its 4.3 screen, and i was used to it after a week

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This got me excited at first, but I just did a Google search and the Hercules doesn't appear to be coming to Verizon. I see T-Mobile, AT&T and Telus (Canada) mentioned only. I suppose that could change though...
We are just speculating about the possibility of a VZW version being the Stratosphere or the Hercules coming to Verizon as a different device. Who knows.

Off topic did you guys see how some members were behaving in the contest winners thread? Dang, it was pathertic and embarrasing. Poor lorzee endured a lot of crap in it. I hope the members got perma bans for being that disrespectful.

I also hope lorzee doesn't leave and think thats the norm for this place. Uncalled for and a black eye.....

Reactions: Friend-O

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure if Phil had it it would be on the front page. This will be huge news if it ends up being the GS2 or some other high end device. I do like a good surprise

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
@phil You don't read these do you...

4.5"? That would be ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome. Just up the resolution to make up for the increased size...

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody waiting in line for this? The last time I saw this much excitement for an android was the X. Most of you would probably say the Nexus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OrdieSep88

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So far we've seen AT&T's version of this phone, Sprint's, and now T-Mobile's (Hercules). Where the HELL is Verizon's version??? can't take it anymore:mad:

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anybody waiting in line for this? The last time I saw this much excitement for an android was the X. Most of you would probably say the Nexus.

The x was the only android I had to wait online for the rest of easily got and were no lines

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So far we've seen AT&T's version of this phone, Sprint's, and now T-Mobile's (Hercules). Where the HELL is Verizon's version??? can't take it anymore:mad:

Hear hear, where is Verizon's version? There is an anoucement coming on the 29th, no?

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Verizons is the Celox.

Celox has a larger display and better technical specifications than Galaxy S. The device sports a 4.5-inch display with 800x480 screen resolution and 800MHz LTE support.

The device will run on a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 chipset. 1750 Li-ion battery of Celox is also another key feature.

Hear hear, where is Verizon's version? There is an anoucement coming on the 29th, no?

Reactions: JkdJedi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance