08-22-2011 08:31 PM
45 12
tools
    Sounds like most recent rumors point to LG being the next manufacturer for the upcoming Nexus this Fall ? Not Samsung like rumored.

It will use a new Texas Instruments processor, which LG already uses thier parts, Samsung does not. And the Prime nickname goes well with LG, they.already have an.Optimus name .

Plus Google said couple years ago, they want a different company making the Nexus each year. I thought it would be Motorola's turn for the third Nexus. But no one really knows yet 100%, WW just have to wait until closer to launch .
    08-06-2011 06:16 PM
    so,
    Nexus One = HTC
    Nexus S = Samsung
    Nexus Prime = LG
    nexus 4?? motorola?
    08-06-2011 06:24 PM
    Google chooses each of the parts of the phone separately. What LG, or Samsung for that matter, have put out in the past are irrelevant for the CPU.

“What we do is pick our partners, a semiconductor partner, an operator, and an OEM and then combine them all together. This is the device that engineers have on their desk when they come in the morning.”
    From Andy Rubin himself.
    08-06-2011 07:05 PM
    I like the "Optimus" logic lol nice catch.

Would you all buy a LG Nexus phone?

What would you assume the upside and down sides of an LG Nexus to be.
    08-06-2011 07:14 PM
    Well if this is true and the GSII is out then I will then just that and see how it goes.... I don't really mind LG just like Sammy a bit more.
    08-06-2011 08:17 PM
    Google chooses each of the parts of the phone separately. What LG, or Samsung for that matter, have put out in the past are irrelevant for the CPU.

From Andy Rubin himself.
    Hmm...ok, but I just can't see an HTC phone without a Qualcom processor, or Samsung using a Texas Instruments cpu just doesn't make business sense, if they can just make their own.

I have a strong feeling the Nexus-Three will be made by LG, I prefer Samsung myself, but have heard that LG is making some bad *** screens lately, and have new stuff in the works to rival Super AMOELD+. And LG already using Texas Inst. cpu's currently in their phones, and that Google has rumored the next Nexus will have a TI processor, it is seeming to add up ?
    08-06-2011 08:29 PM
    Hmm...ok, but I just can't see an HTC phone without a Qualcom processor, or Samsung using a Texas Instruments cpu just doesn't make business sense, if they can just make their own.

I have a strong feeling the Nexus-Three will be made by LG, I prefer Samsung myself, but have heard that LG is making some bad *** screens lately, and have new stuff in the works to rival Super AMOELD+. And LG already using Texas Inst. cpu's currently in their phones, and that Google has rumored the next Nexus will have a TI processor, it is seeming to add up ?
    If Samsung doesn't want to do it, I'm sure Google can find someone else.
    08-06-2011 08:31 PM
    I agree, LG is gonna get their shot.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    08-06-2011 08:34 PM
    Samsung is always willing to try other tech. Them having to use an OMAP processor is not an issue if Google asks them to do so. HTC on the other hand, using Qualcomm and only Qualcomm, o chances are if they would decline to use that processor or just decline the Nexus 3. What really decides the manufacture of choice is what they have to offer to showcase the latest OS. HTC offered the best specs and design for the N1 and Samsung offered their Super Amoled display and top notch hardware to showcase Gingerbread. Looking at how ICS might turn out, I think Samsung offers the best to showcase the new update. LG doesn't really offer much, they're lackluster.
    08-06-2011 08:57 PM
    Even so lg can make good devices take the revolution for example that has good build quailty and even though there not the best manufacturer but it has pure google android and people will buy it regardless 1) because it would have stock google experience 2) because its the newest thing.
    08-06-2011 09:29 PM
    This might be something LG needed. Notice how people are saying that if LG's high end phones had the latest software, it would've been a really good phone? Well, you're looking at it.
    08-07-2011 12:21 AM
    I have never used a LG Android phone before. How are the screens ? Close to Samsung's AMOLED+ ? Hopefully at least better than HTC, I think both my og EVO 4G and 3D look washed out and too light lacking the deeps
    08-07-2011 01:09 AM
    I have never used a LG Android phone before. How are the screens ? Close to Samsung's AMOLED+ ? Hopefully at least better than HTC, I think both my og EVO 4G and 3D look washed out and too light lacking the deeps
    They have the NOVA display which is the brightest screen on the market today, if that's what you're looking for. From the reviews that I read on this site, they say the display has quite good contrast and color, but not to the level of SAMOLED+.

Note: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's an IPS display?
    08-07-2011 11:36 AM
    Yea, it's IPS.
    08-07-2011 12:30 PM
    They have the NOVA display which is the brightest screen on the market today, if that's what you're looking for. From the reviews that I read on this site, they say the display has quite good contrast and color, but not to the level of SAMOLED+.

Note: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's an IPS display?
    Ok thanks. Maybe LG has a Nova + display for its next gen stuff, like a new Nexus-Three ?

So it seems to be heading in the direction of LG and not Samsung, for the upcoming Nexus ?
    08-07-2011 12:50 PM
    Ok thanks. Maybe LG has a Nova + display for its next gen stuff, like a new Nexus-Three ?

So it seems to be heading in the direction of LG and not Samsung, for the upcoming Nexus ?
    Rumors said samsung idk where people got lg but I guess we will find out in the next few months once more starts to leak.
    08-07-2011 02:05 PM
    Rumors said samsung idk where people got lg but I guess we will find out in the next few months once more starts to leak.
    All the newest rumors point to LG

Sent from my Transformer
    08-07-2011 02:14 PM
    All the newest rumors point to LG

Sent from my Transformer
    Which rumors are they? That they will be using a TI chip?
    08-07-2011 02:28 PM
    Which rumors are they? That they will be using a TI chip?
    They're in the Prime thread. Some guy in the know on Twitter I think. They're all rumors at this point though
    08-07-2011 02:49 PM
    It's from BMX - he's been tweeting with hints about LG and dropping at end of Nov with ICS.
    08-07-2011 03:03 PM
    I still lean towards Samsung. Samsung hasn't been afraid to use other companies' chipsets in the past, as evidenced by their use of Tegra 2 chips in the SGS II and SGT 10.1. Plus, Phil seemed extremely certain it would be Samsung, even going as far as to say that he considered it, for all intents and purposes, confirmed.
    08-07-2011 04:45 PM
    so,
    Nexus One = HTC
    Nexus S = Samsung
    Nexus Prime = LG
    nexus 4?? motorola?
    nexus 4?? motorola? kyocera.

lol
    08-07-2011 04:48 PM
    It's from BMX - he's been tweeting with hints about LG and dropping at end of Nov with ICS.
    Those tweets just said about optimus which doesnt mean lg it makes more sense optimus prime(transformers) than being lg since all the other rumors were pointing toward samsung but I guess we shall see. Honestly Idc who makes it as long as it comes to verizon.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    08-07-2011 06:03 PM
    If i hear enough about it being a top of the line Verizon phone, I would not mind waiting a little bit longer. My upgrade has been since Dec so I can wait a little while longer if the specs are right.

Come on LG, give me a reason.
    08-07-2011 07:04 PM
    If i hear enough about it being a top of the line Verizon phone, I would not mind waiting a little bit longer. My upgrade has been since Dec so I can wait a little while longer if the specs are right.

Come on LG, give me a reason.
    I think since it will be the nexus the rumored specs would make it top of the line. I am due for an upgrade now and will wait and see what is coming out in the next few months and if anymore info leaks about it coming to verizon then I can wait. Otherwise I will get one of the upcoming phones and then if it isnt coming out until early next year I would sell it and grab that if it blows me away.
    08-07-2011 07:30 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD