With so many dates floating around, let's add another: August 26?

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: With so many dates floating around, let's add another: August

I don't know but my frustration level is going through the roof since the T-Mobile version pics leak just came out when it wasn't even expected to be getting until long after the other carriers. Verizon...still not a drop.

jmayer88

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

even if it is the stratosphere, it will be sept 8

i dont think this guy is up-to-date on his rumors

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

Forget it. I'm just going to freeze myself in snow until it's released...either I'll unfreeze in time for the release or I'll unfreeze many years in the future and just get the galaxy s100... like cartman.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Without anything at the FCC, the August release dates are starting to look like a no go. I think everyone is starting to get a little frustrated with a lack of info for the Verizon version. It seems like we will get information sooner rather than later, but it sucks that basically something has come out for the version coming to all other carriers except for Verizon.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

I still think september sounds right since that is when they got the sgs1(fascinate) last year in sept and since they just retired the fascinate it makes sense to release it around that time.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Hang tight fellas some info will drop soon!

Stand up straight dammit!!

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Verizon moves on Thursdays. That said, they could still drop it this month. The phone can't be used till it clears FCC and Verizon's certifications, but it can be manufactured and shipped...

Honestly, I would be surprised if we saw it in August...It really is looking like Samsung wants to go a few rounds with Moto and Apple.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Verizon moves on Thursdays. That said, they could still drop it this month. The phone can't be used till it clears FCC and Verizon's certifications, but it can be manufactured and shipped...

Honestly, I would be surprised if we saw it in August...It really is looking like Samsung wants to go a few rounds with Moto and Apple.

I think it is more to compete with apple than anything since the whole lawsuit fiasco. What better way to do that then come out in sept when the iphone is supposed to be coming out to compete with it head on showing apple they aren't scared. Even if they lose sales to the iphone it would be a message to apple and everyone else that samsung is willing to go head to head with anyone.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site

If anything at all, August 26 might be when the pre-orders start?

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I think it is more to compete with apple than anything since the whole lawsuit fiasco. What better way to do that then come out in sept when the iphone is supposed to be coming out to compete with it head on showing apple they aren't scared. Even if they lose sales to the iphone it would be a message to apple and everyone else that samsung is willing to go head to head with anyone.

Well, I don't think Samsung actually has much say in the actual release date. Typically, carriers have most of the say except in Apple's case...they pretty much dictate to carrier...

If anything at all, August 26 might be when the pre-orders start?

Maybe the 25th, but not the 26th...

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I really hope it comes out tomorrow, but i think you guys are setting yourselves up to be disappointed.

1. It has to still clear the fcc and Verizon and no carrier will ship thousands of units without passing the tests first, especially LTE. Maybe 3g, but still very unlikely.
2. If it is indeed LTE, it will launch after other carriers due to its infancy.
3. If it does release in a few weeks, i'd bet on it being 3g only.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

I really hope it comes out tomorrow, but i think you guys are setting yourselves up to be disappointed.

1. It has to still clear the fcc and Verizon and no carrier will ship thousands of units without passing the tests first, especially LTE. Maybe 3g, but still very unlikely.
2. If it is indeed LTE, it will launch after other carriers due to its infancy.
3. If it does release in a few weeks, i'd bet on it being 3g only.

Nobody said aug 9 it was rumored sept 9 lmao nobody said it will come tomorrow because it won't.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I meant I hope it comes out asap LOL, and I don't think it will be out on the rumored date.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Remember Serial its not Samsungs first foray into the LTE arena. They put out the Droid Charge. Its not going to take them any more or less time.

Sent from my Droid

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking september as well. Oh well, more chances for me to save up more money for it :D

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Yes, but this phone wont have their hummingbird or even a exyneos processor,but a rumored NVIDIA or ti dual core. If we want an LTE, I'm betting we will have to wait, but that's jmho