08-09-2011 02:29 PM
26 12
tools
    Sprint version of Galaxy S II arriving in September - Los Angeles Gadgets | Examiner.com

This author was the first to say that VZW would get the SGS2 first in the US. I don't know, lends itself some credence I think. Plus it's been a few hours since anyone dished out any speculation, so here's my go.

08-07-2011 03:14 PM
    I don't know but my frustration level is going through the roof since the T-Mobile version pics leak just came out when it wasn't even expected to be getting until long after the other carriers. Verizon...still not a drop.
    eksplosions and cmorty72#AC like this.
    08-07-2011 03:53 PM
    I still think it's coming September 9th.... I don't even know anymore....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-07-2011 04:08 PM
    even if it is the stratosphere, it will be sept 8

i dont think this guy is up-to-date on his rumors
    08-07-2011 04:09 PM
    Forget it. I'm just going to freeze myself in snow until it's released...either I'll unfreeze in time for the release or I'll unfreeze many years in the future and just get the galaxy s100... like cartman.
    rosser, BigDFSU and eksplosions like this.
    08-07-2011 04:24 PM
    Without anything at the FCC, the August release dates are starting to look like a no go. I think everyone is starting to get a little frustrated with a lack of info for the Verizon version. It seems like we will get information sooner rather than later, but it sucks that basically something has come out for the version coming to all other carriers except for Verizon.
    rickhamilton620 likes this.
    08-07-2011 04:42 PM
    I still think september sounds right since that is when they got the sgs1(fascinate) last year in sept and since they just retired the fascinate it makes sense to release it around that time.
    08-07-2011 05:52 PM
    #hope(solo)
    MasterGiraffe likes this.
    08-07-2011 07:16 PM
    Hang tight fellas some info will drop soon!

Stand up straight dammit!!
    08-07-2011 07:41 PM
    Verizon moves on Thursdays. That said, they could still drop it this month. The phone can't be used till it clears FCC and Verizon's certifications, but it can be manufactured and shipped...

Honestly, I would be surprised if we saw it in August...It really is looking like Samsung wants to go a few rounds with Moto and Apple.
    08-07-2011 07:42 PM
    Verizon moves on Thursdays. That said, they could still drop it this month. The phone can't be used till it clears FCC and Verizon's certifications, but it can be manufactured and shipped...

Honestly, I would be surprised if we saw it in August...It really is looking like Samsung wants to go a few rounds with Moto and Apple.
    I think it is more to compete with apple than anything since the whole lawsuit fiasco. What better way to do that then come out in sept when the iphone is supposed to be coming out to compete with it head on showing apple they aren't scared. Even if they lose sales to the iphone it would be a message to apple and everyone else that samsung is willing to go head to head with anyone.
    08-07-2011 07:44 PM
    If anything at all, August 26 might be when the pre-orders start?
    08-07-2011 08:10 PM
    I think it is more to compete with apple than anything since the whole lawsuit fiasco. What better way to do that then come out in sept when the iphone is supposed to be coming out to compete with it head on showing apple they aren't scared. Even if they lose sales to the iphone it would be a message to apple and everyone else that samsung is willing to go head to head with anyone.
    Well, I don't think Samsung actually has much say in the actual release date. Typically, carriers have most of the say except in Apple's case...they pretty much dictate to carrier...

If anything at all, August 26 might be when the pre-orders start?
    Maybe the 25th, but not the 26th...
    08-07-2011 08:54 PM
    I really hope it comes out tomorrow, but i think you guys are setting yourselves up to be disappointed.

1. It has to still clear the fcc and Verizon and no carrier will ship thousands of units without passing the tests first, especially LTE. Maybe 3g, but still very unlikely.
    2. If it is indeed LTE, it will launch after other carriers due to its infancy.
    3. If it does release in a few weeks, i'd bet on it being 3g only.
    08-07-2011 10:35 PM
    I really hope it comes out tomorrow, but i think you guys are setting yourselves up to be disappointed.

1. It has to still clear the fcc and Verizon and no carrier will ship thousands of units without passing the tests first, especially LTE. Maybe 3g, but still very unlikely.
    2. If it is indeed LTE, it will launch after other carriers due to its infancy.
    3. If it does release in a few weeks, i'd bet on it being 3g only.
    Nobody said aug 9 it was rumored sept 9 lmao nobody said it will come tomorrow because it won't.
    08-08-2011 08:40 AM
    I meant I hope it comes out asap LOL, and I don't think it will be out on the rumored date.
    08-08-2011 08:54 AM
    Remember Serial its not Samsungs first foray into the LTE arena. They put out the Droid Charge. Its not going to take them any more or less time.

Sent from my Droid
    08-08-2011 09:59 AM
    Sept 29
    08-08-2011 10:21 AM
    I'm thinking september as well. Oh well, more chances for me to save up more money for it
    08-08-2011 11:13 AM
    Yes, but this phone wont have their hummingbird or even a exyneos processor,but a rumored NVIDIA or ti dual core. If we want an LTE, I'm betting we will have to wait, but that's jmho
    08-08-2011 01:04 PM
    Yes, but this phone wont have their hummingbird or even a exyneos processor,but a rumored NVIDIA or ti dual core. If we want an LTE, I'm betting we will have to wait, but that's jmho
    How do you know it won't have exynos? Also where are you getting TI from? That is said to be in the nexus.
    08-08-2011 05:26 PM
    I've only read rumors and thats why its my opinion. They have fcc tested ti omap for the sgs2.

I'm truly not trying to be a dream smasher and i really hope I'm wrong, but all I'm saying is be careful about getting your hopes up. I know everytime I have for a phone, it ends up being not what its made out to be.
    08-08-2011 06:07 PM
    08-08-2011 06:16 PM
    I've only read rumors and thats why its my opinion. They have fcc tested ti omap for the sgs2.

I'm truly not trying to be a dream smasher and i really hope I'm wrong, but all I'm saying is be careful about getting your hopes up. I know everytime I have for a phone, it ends up being not what its made out to be.
    thought that was for the gsm version? The only cdma version that came through had the tegra 2 processor.
    08-08-2011 06:41 PM
    Maybe, but you never can tell. They've used every processor made on the sgs2 except Qualcomm. I'm hoping for omap, but honestly, who knows. If it does come out soon LTE will be unlikely since like you've said about the cdma has been tested.
    Since this is wcdma, would the fcc require them to retest for cdma through VZW without LTE?
    08-08-2011 08:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD