pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
If this comes out on Tmobile and Sprint at $199 on contract, before VZW gets it, what are the chances big red doesnt screw us with a $299 price tag?

$249 is my limit

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Plan on paying $299.00. All their LTE phones are at that price point.

Sent from my Droid

Not exactly. The TBolt and Revolution both started at $249. Only the Charge was at $299. That said, I'd expect the GSII to come out at $299 IF it has LTE. If only 3G, I'd say the max is $249.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
3G = $199
4G = $299

If they charged $299 for the Charge, you can definitely bet they'll do the same for the SGSII. However, Preach said he knew a GSII tester and said it wasn't an LTE device. So, there is no definitive answer, but your price range is between $199-$299. If it does end up with LTE save up an extra $50 from next pay day and pick it up. It'll be worth it. :p

Reactions: rickhamilton620

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
3G = $199
4G = $299

If they charged $299 for the Charge, you can definitely bet they'll do the same for the SGSII. However, Preach said he knew a GSII tester and said it wasn't an LTE device. So, there is no definitive answer, but your price range is between $199-$299. If it does end up with LTE save up an extra $50 from next pay day and pick it up. It'll be worth it. :p

This...I doubt that if it was 3G it would be more than 199. That would be suicidal.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
3G = $199
4G = $299

Well CK said it was LTE and he swears by his source so I guess we will find out soon enough if it is lte or 3g.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say "swear" I said trust lol. They were wrong on a couple of occasions but have a REALLY REALLY good batting average

Sent from my Droid

Well I meant it as you put alot of faith in it not that you actually said swear lol. I just find it hard to believe that the testers say it is 3g since they are the ones with hands on and report any bugs and that back that they would not know what they are talking about unless they did a complete redesign like the bionic went through but I highly doubt that happened.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i'd also put my money on the gs2 coming out with lte. we've already confirmed (albeit with leaks) that sprint's version has wimax, and t-mo's version has hspa+. i can't foresee vzw getting a 3g-only version and losing a lot of (potential) customers to their competitors

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I meant it as you put alot of faith in it not that you actually said swear lol. I just find it hard to believe that the testers say it is 3g since they are the ones with hands on and report any bugs and that back that they would not know what they are talking about unless they did a complete redesign like the bionic went through but I highly doubt that happened.

I'm not aware of any testers leaking info right now. Where did you see this?

Sent from my Droid

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Newbie here and I thought I would throw this out there if no one has seen it yet. Looks like Samsung's able to throw the LTE radio in a similar sized phone according to the report on Phonearena.."The new Korean LTE version of the SII"

Galaxy S II gets an LTE version, spotted in Korea - Phone Arena

According to Is this Samsung Galaxy S II LTE Phone codenamed Celox? - Sammy Hub

Looks like it's going to Germany.

Interesting that they threw the Snapdragon in there.

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
If it comes out same time as Bionic, it will not be LTE and will be priced $199 vs Bionic $299.

If it comes out end of Sept it will have LTE for $299.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If the SGSII doesn't have the Exynos in it then I don't want it. To me that was honestly the only thing keeping me on board with the phone. And I will definitely take OMAP over Snapdragon any day of the week.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance