Quick question for the VZ GS2

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. I understand other carriers have announced/have gone through the FCC 2-step like Bionic just did not too long ago, has there actually been any sort of announcement either from samsung or VZ or FCC about a verizon version outside of the other carriers who are already going through the motions that we already know of?? So far all I have heard is speculation and hopes and dreams for big red to carry the SGS2. Yeah its coming to the states but is it 100% sure its actually coming to VZW outside of ATT/T-Mobile and sprint who have already stuck claim? Yeah I know google searching for it is like playing hopscotch in a minefield but so far haven't found anything outside of techblog lore and speculation. Anyone have any sort of official sources to show it is actually coming to big red or is all that is out there is mild speculation based off of the other carriers actually bringing it to the states? I am just honestly curious really and not trying to stir the pot so to say.

Last edited:

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. I understand other carriers have announced/have gone through the FCC 2-step like Bionic just did not too long ago, has there actually been any sort of announcement either from samsung or VZ or FCC about a verizon version outside of the other carriers who are already going through the motions that we already know of?? So far all I have heard is speculation and hopes and dreams for big red to carry the SGS2. Yeah its coming to the states but is it 100% sure its actually coming to VZW outside of ATT/T-Mobile and sprint who have already stuck claim? Yeah I know google searching for it is like playing hopscotch in a minefield but so far haven't found anything outside of techblog lore and speculation. Anyone have any sort of official sources to show it is actually coming to big red or is all that is out there is mild speculation based off of the other carriers actually bringing it to the states? I am just curious really.

No, but passing through the FCC is nearly a formality. It just a packet of info given to the FCC to ensure that compliance with FCC standards have been met. The VZW variant is probably already being manufactured in China. Samsung did announce that it planned to bring the SGSII to all 4 major carriers in August, but August is looking more like September...

Expect it to pass through the FCC within the next 2 weeks...

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
oh good to know. Yeah I couldn't find the sammy announcement. Like I said, google is the mother of all mine fields to navigate for legit info. Thanks for the heads up.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No, but passing through the FCC is nearly a formality. It just a packet of info given to the FCC to ensure that compliance with FCC standards have been met. The VZW variant is probably already being manufactured in China. Samsung did announce that it planned to bring the SGSII to all 4 major carriers in August, but August is looking more like September...

Expect it to pass through the FCC within the next 2 weeks...

Actually, they said to expect in in the US sometime in August. Which means one or two carriers will probably release it in the last week of August. Although, you seem to be right. No real signs of it launching on any carrier in August yet.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I also understand he said it's not LTE. Would you say he's a reputable source?

I have reasons to believe this guy is feeding him false info. False info in the form of claims its in testers hands.

The arguement of 3G or LTE I wont get into because that's just crazy at this point.

Sent from my Droid

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have reasons to believe this guy is feeding him false info. False info in the form of claims its in testers hands.

The arguement of 3G or LTE I wont get into because that's just crazy at this point.

Sent from my Droid

What else are we gonna do while we wait? We know it's not gonna be pentile. So, all we have is 3G or LTE. :D

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Why is it so ridiculous that testers have a GSII at this point? We're expecting a release in less than a month for a GSII (Verizon or otherwise) and an assumption that no one is testing any of the variations is ludicrous. You can be damn sure the Bionic was in testing long before the recent leaks of pictures, there's a reason why it's been delayed so much (might have a thing or two to do with testing).

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Blackmanx said awhile back on twitter he was testing it and it was 3g. And no ck stated a few times he had a source who told him it was lte so just going by what he says on here friend of sorry if you are tight with ck you can look at these forums and see it. :)

AFAIK, BMX never had a Verizon GSII. He did have one for a different carrier (AT&T, I believe).

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish we could all gather around a SGS2 with a video of a campfire on loop and use another SGS2 to play Kumbaya as we all use our own LTE-capable SGS2s to browse the interwebz.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Ck won't get into it because his so called source if he even has one said lte so he would never face the fact he either was wishfully hoping because all the testers said it's 3G only.

I was friendly. People get too serious on these forums and take everything to heart. Relax people geeze.

Haha sorry about that I didn't mean to make it sound like I was being super cereal :p. It's very hard to judge tone on the internet, as I am sure you all know, and my brain made me read your post in a somewhat hostile manner. It just sounded to me like you were trying to attack CK and say that there was no way that he was right about the info he passed on to us. Using phrases like "his so called source if he even has one" and "all the testers said it's 3G only" make it seem like you are attacking him and saying that your information holds more water then his. I apologize if I jumped to conclusions and read this incorrectly :-!

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I apologize its such a damn pain on a phone I will make sure it is easier for all those who can't read next time. I went back and looked and two things were messed up? But for what was messed up doesn't make it that difficult to read. Maybe for you it does and if so well then my bad. I'll make sure to make them squeaky clean and error free for you next time:)

Haha yeah phones can be really difficult to type on. Hopefully we will have a nice, large 4.3 or 4.5 inch screen to type on soon! There weren't a ton of big mistakes. There were just places where I had to go back and read the post from the beginning because I was a bit confused about what you were trying to say. No worries though. :D

Reactions: redraider133

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thats another nice phone with alot of development behind it. My friend has one and really likes it.

I think I fell asleep in the middle of banning you the second time. No more duplicate usernames.

Edit: cleaned up and reopened. With all the thread crapping and flaming pulled out, it's actually a pretty good topic :p